• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Alton Towers Awards 2012: Your Ideas!

Dave

TS Founding Member
So we are no stranger to Awards, with our roller coaster poll and members awards. however, we have never really done anything to recognise the best of the park we love. So we thought now is the time to remedy that and have a number of awards voted by you to acknowledge that which has been good.

We cannot name staff but some ideas we have had are "best Scarefest Character" or "friendliest ride team". So what are your thoughts, do you like the idea and which awards would you include?

Cracking idea, I love the idea and some awards could be;

"Best Desicion"
"Worst Desicion" (hard to choose with all the u-turns this year)

And maybe some more jokey awards but they could be saved for the TST Awards 2012.

I look forward to voting in the categories for 'Most aesthetically pleasing shipping container addition' and 'Most obvious cost cutting exercise'.

...apologies for the lack of originality...

Going against the grain here & I'm going to be sensible for a change :)

I think

Best Eatery

Be useful for visitors to the site too, there's a fair few to choose from - I rarely eat at them I must admit but would probably try the winner of this award myself.

Now, no choosing the worst one just to get me to eat at it!!

Best new addition: Ice Age or Sub Terra

Best staff member? A stand out member of staff, such as the lovely lady on the twirling toadstool with the grey hair

Best Scarefest Maze?

Best in-house restaurant meal.
Best operational ride team.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Favourite cock-up, in association with the spider crabs.

Least reliable Hex effect.

Fanta award for most tasteless tat on sale in park shops.

Best sustainable ride throughput throughout the year. Although maybe this should be considered for next year with the introduction of the rather marvelous throughput calculator.

Best Merchandise and haven't we got to have a Best Ride? :)
I know the result will be obvious but it doesn't seem right not to have it.

How about best IP Attraction? You have a choice of picking between Charlie, Sonic and Ice Age (Any others I'm missing out?)

Another idea is best mascot. As there's quite a few to chose from! :)

I think some general best ride, best food outlet, etc should be added then maybe some others like best meal, best value meal, favourite event, etc.

[in sarcastic voice]

Really, do we need best ride?

CATCF would win every year, it's unfair and Nemesis would always win worst ride.

[end sarcasm]

Exactly. Things like 'best ride' are a bit pointless.

Something like 'the surprisingly better than usual' award for the ride which has been running better than it normally does this year.

Worst/best throughput?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Yeah. Better than it looks award or something would be better. Well, considering how obvious it would be. Kinda seems stupid now... :-[

Most disappointing ride/attraction
Strangest New Feature
Busiest day
Stupidest thing heard at or about Alton Towers
Alton Towers worst day (Like the busiest, wettest, grim day etc)
Alton towers best day (Best day that had good throughputs, happy atmosphere etc)
Weirdest happening at the towers!