• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST County Council Elections 2013

How have you/will you vote in the May 2nd county council election?

• Spoilt Ballot

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Can't vote

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Won't vote (Apathy)

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Won't vote (Political Reasoning)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent (no party) candidate

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Green Party Of England and Wales

• Liberal Democrat Party

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Conservative Party

• Labour Party

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Meat Pie

TS Member
It's election time again.... So who are TSTers going to vote for on May 2nd?

I'm voting Green, because I know that their vision for a compassionate society which seeks to put the vulnerable, the poor, and the environment above the interests of profit driven corporations is the only way to achieve a fairer society. The Green policies don't pander to the tyranny of neo-liberals whose only goal is to obtain vast wealth and power, even if this action creates human suffering, causes irreversible environmental damage, and undermines democracy.

Admittedly, electing a Green at county council level would not create a revolution, but it means that at least locally, I would see a representative fighting to make our local area run more ethically that serves those most in need.

:)

(Also, please note that I'm biased as I am a member of the Green Party).

I can't vote and probably wouldn't vote anyway. I have a distinct lack of trust in what any people in politics say (to do with politics that is), so it'd be choosing the least damaging one. It may only be council but my point still stands.

Bit worried I have not got my voting slips, a vote for any party other than Labour is a wasted vote where I live, but still need to register my discontent, although there is no real party I currently favour, it will be between Conservatives or Lib Dems who get my vote.

Ian

Blaze said:
There's elections this week?

Elections will be held in 35 English councils, including all 27 non-metropolitan county councils and eight unitary authorities, and to a single Welsh unitary authority.

I can't vote, but even if I could, I wouldn't as pretty much all the parties are liars who never deliver what they promise!

Why should I put people in charge of our country when they lie when I've been told that lying is bad, but they say they're all about doing good?

I would vote either Green or Labour, leaning towards Green, but unfortunately I'm nowhere near my home council that day so I doubt I'll be allowed to vote in the area I'll be in at the time.

As far as I know, only the three main parties bother here, or at least actually have any form of support. It's pretty much exclusively Labour and Conservative, pretty evenly split, with Lib Dems a fair bit behind.

Can't vote Labour because they just give all the money to Widnes. And because they're a joke of a party.

Can't vote Lib Dem because they're even bigger a joke.

Can't vote Tory because I'd rather die.

So I'm stuck. I think I remember the Greens sent a leaflet around ages ago, so if they still have a presence here I'll consider them, but it's not like they have the support for it to matter.

You missed BNP off that list :/

They polled twice as many votes at the last election as the Green Party so should be on there, if they were that's where my vote would go.

LiamC said:
Troll is trolling.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to let that slide, how the hell is that a troll post, it is a statement of truth and I give my opinion.
If you don't like it just keep quiet, don't try and be a smart arse.
This comment and yours should be removed.

Chocolate Starfish has a valid point. Even though I dislike them, BNP were missed

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

The BNP has fielded so few candidates that if I included them on the list, I would feel obligated to include every tiny fringe party such as Peace Party, Christian Alliance Party, National Health Action party, The English Democrat Party, The Communist Party of Great Britain, and Boston Bypass Party.

The Greens posted nearly 900 candidates, and the BNP came no-where close to that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they struggled to get 100.

Finally, your assertion that the BNP has in anyway out performed The Greens, is wrong. In loaded opinion polls, yes the BNP looks popular, and yet when it comes to election success (bar the European Elections), The Green party smashes the BNP by a massive margin.

If the BNP were a credible party in this election they would be on there. Their exclusion is not in anyway political, if that has been the Case you would see Respect party on the list (generally my second preference), but they were excluded too since they also fielded too few candidates to be regarded a serious contender.

'Other' suffices for BNP voters.

Can't vote because we moved house recently and forgot to register in time.

If I could, I'd vote Green.

ice-giants-vote-odin.jpeg

ChocolateStarfish said:
You missed BNP off that list :/

They polled twice as many votes at the last election as the Green Party so should be on there, if they were that's where my vote would go.

Care to explain why you'd vote for a deeply racist, fascist party who would persecute people like me (LGBT people) whom they see as lesser human beings?

Unfortunately, I can't vote, seeing as I'm currently at uni and didn't register in time for a postal vote. In my home ward, there are three candidates - one Conservative and two Independents, one of whom is the incumbent representative. If I had registered a postal vote in time, I would've more than likely voted for the incumbent, on the basis that he has a good reputation in the local area and listens to the people of the area.

BNP. Because the most important thing for this country is removing all those bloody people who are different.