• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST Main Season Opening 2014

It's our Official Meet to celebrate the main season opening of the Alton Towers Theme Park!

This is always one of our best meets of the year, and it's the first chance to get back on rides such as The Smiler since they closed in November.

The meet takes place over two days, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd.

Accommodation suggestion for the Saturday night is the Travelodge at Rugeley, which is approx. £20 per person based on 3 sharing a room. The hotel is located around 35 minutes drive south of Alton Towers and is located just 100 metres from a Wetherspoons pub for evening meals and socializing.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the Travelodge, then please check out Fairway Motel, which is just yards from the Travelodge.

Meet Arrangements:

Saturday
8:30am - Meet at Splash Landings Hotel Reception for Monorail/Walk to park entrance
9:00am - Early Ride Time begins, theme park opens
Accommodation in Rugeley Town Centre at the Travelodge

Sunday
9:30am - Meet at Splash Landings Hotel Reception for Monorail/Walk to park entrance

:)

*we have not chosen to use the Weathervane for this meet due to their new maximum 2 adults rule which is being enforced at the hotel and due to the worsening state of repair of the hotel.

You can confirm your attendance on our meet page.

I will be attending and then it's under a month till europa park

I don't know any specifics but I will be on park, one way or another.

I'll be there on the Saturday, and can offer transport to & from stations if needed. :)

I will be there on the Saturday with Nikki. Looking forward to catching up with everyone again :)

I will also be attending on the Saturday, if anyone wants a lift from Rotherham, feel free to ask.

Ian

I'll sadly have to be giving this meet a miss as I'm doing work experience in Birmingham that week, I doubt it'll be as enjoyable as a meet with TST but I'll have to see.

Hope everyone enjoys it! :)

I'll be attending on the Saturday, and working on the Sunday :)

Looking forward to this, been a while since I've seen anyone! :D

EDIT: I also have space in my car if anyone needs a lift from Nottingham :)

Won't be attending as I have my Grans surprise 80th meal on the Sunday and I work on a Sat.

I shall be working both the days but it's my burfday on the Saturday, so I may come and join the sosche to have a bit of a celebraaaaaaaaaate today is Maggie's biiirthday...

Dave said:
Natalie said:
Won't be attending as I have my Grans surprise 80th meal on the Sunday and I work on a Sat.

Hope she doesn't read TowersStreet :X
Nah she doesn't even have a computer, so I'm safe, I'm just sad that this will be my first time missing opening since '09! :(

Most likely I will be missing this meet as well, however it depends on my work situation and which days I will be working. :)

I'm really excited to make this my first ever TST Meet. Is there anyone travelling up from Birmingham way, with a spare seat? I'm not sure quite how the organisational behemoth works :p

Cakey said:
I'm really excited to make this my first ever TST Meet. Is there anyone travelling up from Birmingham way, with a spare seat? I'm not sure quite how the organisational behemoth works :p
You generally post something like that and hopefully somebody kind will be going your way :p

I'm hoping to be there both days. Will definitely be there on the Saturday!

:)

I should be there for both days, probably won't stay over as its probably a similar distance to my house from towers as Rugely is, but will see!