• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Scarefest Meet: 20-21 October 2012

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST Scarefest Meet: 20-21 October 2012

It's that time of year again - with spooktacular fun for all! Rides until 9pm, halloween scare mazes and dressing up galore!

You're more than welcome to attend one of the highlights of the season, as our penultimate official meet of the year gets underway!

This year, following consultation with the community, we have made the decision to hold our Scarefest Meet on the second weekend of the event. This is so that those members who are travelling a further distance, are not left potentially disappointed after opening weekend in 2011 didn't quite show the whole Scarefest experience in the fullest way.

Because this meet requires a little more than just a rampage around the park, I hereby present to you the Meet Plan (said in that particular voice "MEET....PLAN!"). This will allow you to purchase maze tickets and take part in the group dress-up photo, if you wish!

Saturday, 20th October

9:30am - Meet at Splash Landings Hotel, lobby.

11.30am OR 12.30pm - Terror of the Towers Time - we'll be joining the main queue at one of these times in order to take part in the first run through of the maze! The time depends on whether TOTT opens at midday or 1pm. Decision to be made on the day!

2pm - Scare Maze time - please book your Sanctuary and Carnival tickets for this time! To book, click here. Ensure you choose the 1400-1430 timeslot for the 20th October. Cost £9.00 when booked online before 28/9.

5.30pm - The 'dress up' photograph at Splash Landings in Ma Garritas Bar! Anyone wishing to dress up in costume, will need to ensure they're ready for this time where we'll do a group photo!

Then it's some more Park Time, including ghoulish fun with lots of people dressed up! Highlights are sure to include Heave Ho and Congo River Rapids as ever!

9pm - Ride close.

Sunday, 21st October

9:30am - Meet at Splash Landings Hotel, lobby.
Full Day on park.

ACCOMMODATION

Whilst the Weathervane is usually our preferred option for this meet, it seems that very few rooms are available. We therefore have not specified official accommodation for this meet, however - suggest the following:

Old English Inns website - book the Weathervane.
OR

www.travelodge.co.uk

Prices at 24/9/12
Ashbourne: 15 minutes from the park £69.95 per room.
Uttoxeter: 20 minutes from the park £99.95 per room. (OUCH).
Rugeley: 35 minutes from the park £42.95 per room.
Burton Upon Trent Central: 35 minutes from the park £29.00 per room.
Newcastle-u-Lyme Central: 35 minutes from the park £39.00 per room.
Stoke-on-Trent Trentham: 30 minutes from the park: £55.95 per room.

:)

:)

I'll be in attendance both days, but only definatley doing the paid-mazes on the Saturday as I'm going to the Preview Weekend meet the week before. We shall see. See you all there!

Thanks for adding the accommodation info AstroDan! Although those prices are a bit hefty, maybe I'll wait and see if anyone else is in the same situation before booking anything :)

But I have booked my scare mazes tickets and will be attending both days! Can't wait! :)

Room at the Vane is booked, and will be sorting my maze tickets out as soon as my credit card makes the journey back to me from Blackpool.

Danny said:
Room at the Vane is booked, and will be sorting my maze tickets out as soon as my credit card makes the journey back to me from Blackpool.

And on that note, is anyone wants floor space we have a room at the vane, PM me or Danny if your interested :)

As it stands it looks unlikely that I'll be attending. I want to (so don't be offended at my lack of appearances this year) but my life states at the moment is uncertain.

But I will say that unlike last year I can drive now so there is a slim chance I could make it. It's more likely though you'll see me next year.

I shall confirm my attendance for this meet tomorrow once I've juggled a few work related things out the way, however really wanting to attend!

2 x 2 weekend Scarefest trips in a row? #addict! ;)

I should definitely be doing this with Dave, I'm not dressing up however due to time constraints and faff.

Me and Chris will be attending but it looks like we will be in the lovely Mills for this meet. Although it does mean more money for drinking!

Ill be there Saturday but will be back to Satch Landings on the night time as Simon is running the half marathon on Sunday.

Speaking of which, if you're yet to sponsor him do check out his FB page for details! ;-)

Gutted I've heard whispers so many people have chosen not to dress up :-( its our first Scarefest meet! We put up with faff at every other meet, at least this has purpose :-(.

Oh well!

Mine shall be simple to minimise time issues, but different :D!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I'm still considering it. In many ways it wouldn't feel right sans Simon, and also budget-wise.... I don't have any monies!

Costume on a shoestring? Or... just a shoestring - scary enough :D!

I do wish the Gilesterschloss could make it, though I understand he needs to be rested for his marathon!

I hope plenty of folk do decide to dress up, as we need to *start* tradition!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Saz my dear, you may be swaying my decision. I'll contemplate further on a costume that is neither complicated nor too simple a cop out. TO JOKE.CO.UK!

Can I bring back an old costume from the loft? Some of you may have seen it before on some other occasion a few years ago, can't think when...

Recycle and reuse!!! Save the planet - dig out your fancy dress from the back of the wardrobe!