• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tst South: 14-15 June 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST South 2014

It is our fantastic TST SOUTH weekend 2014 - at Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park on June 14th and 15th!

We're trialling a new accommodation choice for this meet compared to previous years and the best thing? If you want to stay over there is an option to pay on arrival, and it's free to cancel. Of course, if you're local to the area, you may wish to simply travel to the parks each day.

Meet Up times this weekend:

Friday evening:
The Hope and Champion (Wetherspoons)
Located at Beaconsfield Services M40
Meet in the bar from 7.00pm onwards

Saturday @ Chessington
Breakfast at Beaconsfield Services
9.45am at the park entrance (Safari Hotel side car park)

Saturday evening:
The Hope and Champion (Wetherspoons)
Located at Beaconsfield Services M40
Meet in the bar from 7.00pm
England v Italy at 11.00pm

Sunday @ Thorpe
Breakfast at Beaconsfield Services
9.00am at the park entrance for Annual Pass Holders ERT.

Accommodation will be at the Ibis Budget Beaconsfield. This has been chosen primarily for its excellent location for the evening and free parking. In the past, we have found hotels are often not located near many pubs or breakfast locations and charge extortionate parking rates - but the Ibis Budget Beaconsfield is located at Beaconsfield Services, with a Wetherspoons (open till 1am), McDonald's (24 hour), Starbucks (24 hour) and more. This means that evening meals are sorted, and so is breakfast! Rooms cost around £80 for both nights in total, and sleep up to 3 people. For the pay on arrival rate, select 'Our Rate', or there's a slightly cheaper rate if you're prepared to pay on booking.

Please ensure that if you aren't a car driver, that you have sorted transport between the parks and the hotel.

We can't wait!

Who's going page now live!

Last edited:
Re: TST South: 14-15 June 2014

I'm intent on making more effort to attend this meet this year. Although the prospect of staying in an Ibis Budget again? *shudders*.

Danny said:
I'm intent on making more effort to attend this meet this year. Although the prospect of staying in an Ibis Budget again? *shudders*.

We have discussed the fact it's an Ibis Budget, but this one is reasonably new and has been chosen mainly for its super location.

We think the positives outweigh the negatives, in this case!

However, as I explained in the original post, we are 'trialling' this hotel. If it is not good, or people decide that they prefer the Travelodge at Heathrow Airport, we may look at returning there. We are also mindful of keeping prices as low as possible.

:)

Whilst Danny's got a point, I've stayed at worse hotels in the name of visiting the Southern parks in the past :p
I was gutted I missed this trip last year, so I'll do my utmost - may start canvassing to find car/roommates at the next meet - £13.50 per person per night doesn't sound bad at all from where I'm sitting.*

*which coincidentally is in a budget hotel room in Bradford

Most likely will be there for the entire weekend. :)

Spooooooooons!

Might see if I can do this one - need to get my butt to the south parks this year!

My birthday on the 9th so might see if i can make this part of my Birthday celebrations think im going alton towers on 12th so i could make it a nice little extended break ;D

I hope to be there for all of this meet! Will need to get some accommodation sorted!

:)

FAO Football fans - just realised that's the Saturday night of England's first world cup game (with its delightfully convenient 11PM kickoff)

WillG said:
FAO Football fans - just realised that's the Saturday night of England's first world cup game (with its delightfully convenient 11PM kickoff)

Oooh, I'm sure that will be on in the Spoons! Excellent! ;D

I would like to join for Thorpe!

But I will probably go via my parent's house in Oxford, rather than from Cardiff since it's only a short way. Unless anyone is going from the Cardiff area, of course ;)

Rob said:
WillG said:

Oooh, I'm sure that will be on in the Spoons! Excellent! ;D

Beaconsfield have a large screen inside the services anyway, so I am sure it'll be fine!

Let's all get wrecked and then, whatever the outcome of the game, good times!

Hoping to get to this meet! going to be staying more in london area!

All being well I should be there! This, along with Blackpool, is one of my favourite meets of the calendar!

Desperately needing my Rush fix <3

Ian said:

The way it was running on Saturday? I don't think you're missing anything. It was barely getting to 90 degrees.

AstroDan said:
Ian said:

The way it was running on Saturday? I don't think you're missing anything. It was barely getting to 90 degrees.

There's time yet! A lot can happen at Thorpe between now and June. Not usually very good things, but that's beside the point! :p