• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Wow, That has absolutely blown me away! I agree with Rob, How the hell have they been able to keep this coaster so quiet? AMAZING!

Going once I finish my GCSEs which seems like AGEESSS!! :D :D

Best guess its either Intamin or Premier (i'm probably wrong) Premier have form with The Mummy though so it wouldn't surprise me if it is them.

The rumoured dates are the middle of June (as a lot of offers all expire around that time)

The ride is said to be manufactured by a number of companies, such as Intamin for track, premier for trains and Zierer have been mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Looks more like Premier track to me (very similar to their track design for Full Throttle with the thick circular spine), and given Premier did Revenge of the Mummy, I would guess that they've done the track for this at least.

Alastair said:
Looks more like Premier track to me (very similar to their track design for Full Throttle with the thick circular spine), and given Premier did Revenge of the Mummy, I would guess that they've done the track for this at least.

I think it looks Premier, too; you can't see much but what you can see closely resembles the Full Throttle track.

Could it be S&S, though?

If I was a betting man I'd say Premier. However I have also heard the rumour of it being a combination of manufacturers. You'd think we might find out sometime in the relatively near future.

:)

Time for another construction update on Universal's brand new realistic housing estate Diagon Alley:

IMG_7547_zpscf0e0460.jpg

IMG_7568_zps3a6a5abe.jpg

IMG_7653_zpsfda6efd0.jpg

IMG_4569_zps62b43a6b.jpg

IMG_4564_zpsa383344a.jpg

More images can be found here. Credit to Felipe and HTF.

I still find it utterly hilarious and surreal that a massive American theme park in Florida have gone to a huge amount of expensive to build a recreation of King's bloody Cross railway station. :p

From Screamscape:

General Park News - (1/13/14) A posting from HateToFly over at Orlando United claims that the rumors of a possible transformation of the current Monsters Café into a new Transformers themed restaurant are starting to rise once again. Anyone know if this plan is being looked at again, or is this just an echo of the old rumor?

Transformers café? Err.... No, I prefer the current theme, tbh. :(

With all the scaffolding, it looks just like the current sorry state of Kings Cross! :p

Thank god Network Rail got around to finishing most of the refurbishment of the real KC before this was built, as it would have been pretty embarrassing if this was actually better than the original.

Screamscape said:
General Park News - (1/16/14) Ripsaw Falls is currently closed for winter refurbishment and it looks like they have an army working hard to repaint the attraction, making it all colorful and bright once again while the water has been drained. Meanwhile the site of the rumored new King Kong attraction in Jurassic Park (left of Thunder Falls) has little red survey flags all over the place, along with green ribbons wrapped around many of the trees, according to the photos posted to OrlandoParkNews. Meanwhile the former Triceratops Encounter area has several trees wrapped with stripped red & white ribbons. Photo Updates found at OrlandoParksNews.

Yay for refurbishment!