• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Even if you strip down the fact it's smothered in Potter related facades, the technology combined in these two areas is simply astonishing. Like Al, I'm not the biggest Potter fan in the world, however I can only emphasise what he gas said.

But referring specifically to The Hogwarts Express - yes the technology is amazing and yes it will be immaculately presented, but I assume it will be a simulated train journey with special/physical effects and movie references. Regardless of the technology, I don't know what they're really going to do that we haven't experienced before one way or another (i.e. in other dark rides or live-action mazes)

You couldn't fail to be impressed by Forbidden Journey and all the swooping about, and the same can already be said for the Gringotts coaster, because they are literally other-worldly experiences, unlike anything we have anywhere else. But I think the Hogwarts Express experience itself may require a bit more knowledge and indeed passion for the books and films as it really is a train ride where some odd things happen.

This is not to say that I don't think it will be the BEST TRAIN RIDE IN THE WORLD.

I can see what people are saying about it simply being a train ride but it's set to be the most over the top and authentic method of theme park transportation ever.

Universal no doubt have endless tricks up their sleeves to make this ridiculously immersive - and have probably thought up things that none of us could ever imagine or anyone has ever done before.

I think the proof will definitely be in the riding. They will truly have succeeded if you get on that train, sit in a carriage and look around you and out the window and manage to completely forget where you are. Based on the technology used, it should hopefully transport you completely away from Florida and truly make you believe you're travelling out of the real Kings Cross.

I'm not a Potter fan, and I'm also notorious for moaning. But even I think this whole project looks awesome. ;)

I feel like I should buck the trend...I'm a massive Potter fan and I think it looks amazing! ;)

Those of you who think it's a train and nothing special... walk then. But for millions of fans out there - and as the Harry Potter series is the most successful franchise of recent times - this is going to be a chance for people to ride the Hogwats Express and be transported to a magical place

I hope no one thinks I was putting it down, I was just trying to put myself in the shoes of Sam who appears underwhelmed by the idea of a 'train ride' and looking at reasons why someone might think that.

I'm a big Potter fan. Even my 70 year old dad is eager to see the Hogwarts Express himself.
Every time I see the adverts my eyes well up :/ It's sort of becoming a problem for me.

I think it depends on how it will be executed rather than whether you're a fan or not. I'm a massive fan of Harry Potter (the books moreso than the films) although if this doesn't look that great then it wouldn't interest me. Given what they've achieved with the rest of the area I'm sure this attraction will be amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how scenes are made reality!

I'm lucky enough to be going in August, four years since I last went. I'm not sure when it is planning to be opened but I obviously hope before August, if not I'll have to save again!

NickT04 said:
I'm lucky enough to be going in August, four years since I last went. I'm not sure when it is planning to be opened but I obviously hope before August, if not I'll have to save again!

They're looking at opening it for June, so I think you'll certainly be able to experience it [lucky sod!] come August :)

Danny said:
NickT04 said:

They're looking at opening it for June, so I think you'll certainly be able to experience it [lucky sod!] come August :)

Excellent news! I will do my best to take far too many pictures! :)

The Knight Bus has been delivered today:

0eg2.jpg

77sd.jpg

Haha I love how (from behind) the first trailer looks like a fairly standard bus... Then you realise there's another floor to come :p

I hope the truck driver was weaving in and out of traffic haphazardly - just to continue the themed experience ;)

I just love the idea of driving along and suddenly passing a truck carrying something like that for a theme park! I think I'd crash in sheer excitement! :p

Very disapointed to see that they can't get the right shade of "oxblood red" on the tube station. :(
DSC_1044.JPG