• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Also, Universal posted multiple photos on their Facebook page today, showing off the animatronics in the main hall which will be the second room in the queue line, as well as the dramatic dragon entrance scene from on the ride:

71435_10152136398452852_5407622667722014621_n.jpg

Universal reportedly had several problems with this final installation, hence why it's been added so late. However, the animatronic dragon that will sit atop Gringotts is now being set into place and being assembled. Photos from Insidethemagic:

dragon3-449x600.jpg

dragon4-550x358.jpg

It's a rather large dragon:

Dragon_copter.jpg

And the detailing thus far is immense:

BoflBQ3CYAELVlB.jpg:large

Images courtesy of Pixels At The Parks and HTF.

Stunning is an understatement. Those aesthetics alone and Diagon Alley would be good enough for me, let alone the ridiculous looking coaster dark ride that lies behind it.

Really not keen on the dragon on top of Gringotts, spoils the escapism of walking down Diagon Alley as though you where visiting on a normal (fantasy) day.

Dave said:
Really not keen on the dragon on top of Gringotts, spoils the escapism of walking down Diagon Alley as though you where visiting on a normal (fantasy) day.

This isn't Alton Towers dude ;D

TheMan said:
Dave said:

This isn't Alton Towers dude ;D

No it's Harry Potter and as a long time reader of Harry Potter a dragon appeared in Diogon Alley for about a minute. To me the outside sets should look like they do for the majority if the series, let the fire breathing dragon be inside the ride.

Got nothing to do with any other theme park.... Dude

Yes well the films and thus the attractions have always taken liberty with the books. I think I mentioned this before but whenever they visit Hogsmeade in the films it's snowing, even in the middle of summer. Heck in the last film they go from Hogsmeade in winter to Hogwarts in spring despite the two being next to each other... because, you know, magic...

Back on topic while I do agree with you Dave the Dragon looks too good for me to complain :-[

I am on the fence here, the dragon looks fantastic, and I am sure its going to breath fire, so will be an eye catcher, but at the same time, just having the dragon sat there all day is going to look a little silly.

I am sure the head and wings are going to move, like its guarding the bank, but it would of been cooler, if it moved from inside, to appear outside, breathed fire, and then a cloud of smoke appears to hide it moving back inside while some fancy projection stuff made it appear it was flying away :)

Ian

IanB said:
I am sure the head and wings are going to move, like its guarding the bank, but it would of been cooler, if it moved from inside, to appear outside, breathed fire, and then a cloud of smoke appears to hide it moving back inside while some fancy projection stuff made it appear it was flying away :)

Ian

Universal already had enough problems with the dragon in its current incarnation as it is. I think the executives would have been slamming their heads into walls by attempting to overcome every issue your [admittedly superior] proposal would have caused :p

Tim said:
Dave the Dragon looks too good for me to complain :-[

I quite like the idea of a ferocious dragon being called "Dave" :p

This looks amazing, I can't wait for the area to open and for some more detailed reviews and pictures to get posted!

It's a fantastic name for a dragon :)

Obviously the dragon been there doesn't affect the astounding quality of the attraction in any way, it's just my personal preference as I don't see wizards calmly shopping whilst a fire breathing dragon is around. But that's me being my usual literal self.

Dave said:
Got nothing to do with any other theme park.... Dude

LOOK UP QUICK!

That's my sarcasm flying over your head. ;)

I personally think the wetting of oneself over a dragon is a bit OTT, but I'll wait till it's up and running. It does look rather good but I don't think it looks THAT good.