• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

I've seen a rumour elsewhere of a motorbike coaster with sidecar, based on Hagrid's taking guests through the Forbidden Forest. This to me would work well as a part indoor and part outdoor coaster, almost like a better Lego Dragon but bike style seating.

Sorry to bump this thread, but it might interest you all to know that supports are now on site for the 2019 coaster, and it is close to going vertical.

Also, it might interest you guys to know that the rumour for this is now an Intamin LSM Coaster. So basically a Taron-esque ride. Which is much more exciting than a motorbike coaster, in my opinion. What do you guys think?

It will need to have a better throughput than Taron!

Indeed. Taron achieves 1200pph, which while that is very good for a regional theme park, a worldwide park like Universal, which is now close to hitting 10 million visitors at the Studios park, probably needs to hit at least 1500pph for throughput to be classed as adequate. I can see them putting a dual station on this so that they can run another train, as Gringotts and Revenge of the Mummy both have them.

Don't worry about capacity. It seems though the coaster will be very low to the ground and will feature a backward section.

Don't worry about capacity. It seems though the coaster will be very low to the ground and will feature a backward section.
Really? Where did you get this info from, out of interest? Not doubting you at all, just interested to know.

It's from an inside a universal park forum site that you are on. The plans suggest a specific layout that a person with insider knowledge said was mostly correct. Credit to the forum site (http://forums.insideuniversal.net/attachments/sv4r70l-buildings-jpg.6249/ )
sv4r70l-buildings-jpg.6249

Last edited:
I'm betting on a Forbidden Forest themed family coaster.

Apparently Universal just purchased a huge wooded area for no apparent reason. I can see some lovely tree relocation happening :)

Also,

Has anyone worked out what kind of coaster it is based on the supports yet? I guess Intamin.
(This is where someone points out it has already been announced and I've forgotten.)

It's not been announced in detail, Universal have been scared of announcements since D23! It is however expected to be an Intamin.

:)

Has anyone worked out what kind of coaster it is based on the supports yet? I guess Intamin.
(This is where someone points out it has already been announced and I've forgotten.)
General consensus is Intamin, they did a great job with the Gringotts ride system so why not stick with them. Family friendly launch coaster is the current talk, themed to the Forbidden Forest.

In other news, it is looking quite possible that the Mario themed area for Universal Studios has been moved to the planned third park. We'll have to wait and see as Universal keep changing their minds with regards to future plans at the moment. There is currently a legal case ongoing regarding some of the land where the third park will be, but once that is sorted along with the zoning it is thought that Universal will be wanting to go ahead pretty quickly with their plans for an opening in 2022/23.

In other news, it is looking quite possible that the Mario themed area for Universal Studios has been moved to the planned third park. We'll have to wait and see as Universal keep changing their minds with regards to future plans at the moment. There is currently a legal case ongoing regarding some of the land where the third park will be, but once that is sorted along with the zoning it is thought that Universal will be wanting to go ahead pretty quickly with their plans for an opening in 2022/23.

Heavily rumoured to have a Lord of the Rings area. If there's one thing I love more than theme parks it's the LOTR trilogy and Tolkien in general.

Oh my days if they do this I'm bloody moving there. Thats it, England and Merlin can jog on forever.