• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

That building needed more ventilation anyway.

Thankfully, the change of path and intensity meant we dodged the worst of it here, with the area around Fort Meyers taking the brunt of the wind and flooding. Still incredibly intense winds though, and still without power.

First of all....Hope everyone in safe and well in Florida. Mental weather they are having.

Also...could you imagine if you'd booked for Florida for these weeks on your dream holiday? My word you'd be absolutely gutted wouldn't you?

Am going here mid/late October, not sure where things will be come 2,5 weeks from now?

On another note, my thoughts go to those affected by Hurricane Ian. Which is said to be the worst hurricane in Orland’s history.

Seems like flooding is the main issue, apparently Orlando had 12 inches of rain.
The canals between the Universal resorts have very high water levels, paths are flooded and where the boats were stored under bridges to protect from winds the roof of the boat is almost touching the bridge.

From: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1575609807234424833?s=46&t=YfGPG2fTMED2g0gs-G36KA

From: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1575601484561285120?s=46&t=YfGPG2fTMED2g0gs-G36K

From: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1575595349007564800?s=46&t=YfGPG2fTMED2g0gs-G36KA

Orlando and Tampa got off fairly well, some flooding and strong winds but no devastation here, cosmetic damage rather than structural for the most part. Could have been very different though had the storm tracked differently, I really feel for those in southwest florida.

There are rumors flying around on Inside Universal and other places about a DreamWorks retheme to the KidZone area of Universal Studios Florida for 2024. Possibly opening with a rethemed kiddie coaster, play area, and new family flat rides in the spring/summer of 2024, and then with a new dark ride themed to Trolls possibly inspired by the new Secret Life of Pets ride at Universal Studios Hollywood joining the lineup before Christmas 2024.

2023: Universal Studios Florida Minions Villain Con Attraction
2024: Universal Studios Florida DreamWorks Land & Trolls Dark Ride?
2025: Epic Universe Theme Park
2026: Islands of Adventure - Zelda or Kung Fu Panda? Replacing/retheming Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent?

They’d be daft not to bring Pokémon to that area as a matter of urgency. Epic Universe will have Mario / DK , IOA will likely receive Zelda, Pokemon in US would spread the Nintendo portfolio nicely and make a big impact with the new IPs. Dreamworks can then take over Simpsons a little further down the line when their license runs out

Rumours earlier this year point to Pokemon being reserved for phase 2 expansion of Epic Universe, on the land saved next to the Nintendo land. A Pokémon ride/area is likely to be added to Japan first, but with Donkey Kong in 2024, likely to be 2026 in Japan.

I don’t think Pokémon has the same kid appeal as the Dreamworks stuff so the current plan makes sense.

I’m not sure about completely replacing Toon Lagoon though and instead adding by replacing the theatre would make more sense.