• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Wow! Just... wow! I counted roughly 5 or 6 launches during that video! That sounds absolutely immense, and a truly world class family coaster! Out of interest, where has this information been obtained from if Universal have not officially confirmed it yet? Also, Wikipedia states that the ride is due to open on 21st June 2019. Is this true? Seems awfully early to announce a date. Anyway, sounds like a truly amazing attraction is in store for us. Well done Universal, if this is true!

Furthermore, would I be right in saying that this ride will be a Juvelen-esque attraction in terms of ride system, except with LSMs. Also, I also noticed that Universal is really starting to like launches, because kiddie coasters aside, HRRR is now the only lift hill powered roller coaster in the whole resort!

HRRR is now the only lift hill powered roller coaster in the whole resort!

Woody Woodpecker and Flight of the Hipogriff both have life hills. Could include Hulk in that as well as that certainly has 'part of' one.

If these plans for the new Harry Potter coaster are accurate then it will be another absurdly good experience. Although there is an awful, awful lot that could cause ride downtime there.

Woody Woodpecker and Flight of the Hipogriff both have life hills. Could include Hulk in that as well as that certainly has 'part of' one.
That's why I said kiddie coasters aside, but maybe I should rephrase that to family coasters aside. I suppose you could include Hulk, though, as it has a launched lift hill.

Some new pictures of the coaster have appeared:

P1150390-690x460.jpg

P1150401-1024x768.jpg

P1150407-1024x768.jpg

Source: http://orlandoparkstop.com/news/con...on-update-at-islands-of-adventure-more-track/

It's looking interesting, if it turns out anything like the video posted earlier it should be an excellent experience. :)

I reckon this looks like it could possibly be better than Dragons, in my opinion. I was never a fan of Dragon Challenge, this looks very Juvelen-esque, and Juvelen is apparently a stunning family coaster according to those who've ridden it, so I reckon Universal will knock it out of the park with this one!

Track and train, Dueling Dragons is going to be miles better than this. However as a themed experience/attraction then Harry Potter coaster wins hands down.

:)

It seems another new major coaster is in the works at IOA. A major new thrill coaster is rumoured to be the next big project at Universal with it being added to the Jurassic park area. There are survey markers currently spread around the area. They seem to be around the visitor centre and the old Triceratops encounter area.

Current rumour suggests it will be either a B&M or possible an Intamin and may feature a launch. The park are unlikely to go with a Flyer like Universal Japan as SeaWorld have Manta down the road, however no Florida park has yet to get a Wing Coaster, something that would be easy to theme into the Jurassic area. I think a launched Wing coaster like at Holiday World could be a strong possibility.

There have been rumours in the past of a family wooden coaster being considered for this area, but with the New Harry Potter coaster being more family orientated it would appear the park may have changed plans to something more thrilling.

...however no Florida park has yet to get a Wing Coaster, something that would be easy to theme into the Jurassic area. I think a launched Wing coaster like at Holiday World could be a strong possibility.
Yes, Raptor at Gardaland is basically themed to Jurassic Park anyway, just without the IP or Universal's budget. I think this is very feasible, and exciting (if true.)

Tri track and banking, so hopefully we get some intensity around those corners! Looks like a pretty interesting investment

Wow - that looks mightly impressive! Anyone who is more familiar with Harry Potter than myself know what it is?

:)