• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Epic Universe - New Florida Theme Park

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Universal are holding a press conference on Thursday (1st August) at the Orlando Convention Centre.

The press conference begins at 10am local time (so 3pm BST) and will almost certainly be the annoucement of the third Orlando theme park.

Very exciting times ahead and I think a brand new Universal theme park is worthy of its own thread. I will amend thread title details once we know what exactly has been announced.

Here is a reminder of the site for the new park from bioreconstruct:

DsNNnSxU0AA1KYc.jpg

If it is for the 3rd park as predicted, I'm extremely excited! Universal's recent work has been nothing short of outstanding, and with this being Universal's first theme park since building WWoHP, the bar is set very high!

This is going to be Potter park, isn't it? :banghead:

No, as far as I am aware there will be no Potter in the park but Fantastic Beasts is likely to feature. Don't expect too many details of the park to be announced yet though, I suspect Nintendo will be mentioned as that's already out there to a degree but much of the annoucement could focus on infrastructure for now.

So we have a name - Universal's Epic Universe:

EA5Fqr6WkAAHsYV

A truly awful name for a theme park. Apparently it is the largest investment in a park, not sure if that is by Universal or more generally.

EDIT:

It will be a whole resort comprising of a theme park, hotels, shops, restaurants and more. 14,000 jobs will be created.

Here is an initial concept:

universal-epic-universe-aerial-render-a.jpg

And a look at where the park is located in relation to the rest of Univeral Orlando Resort:

EA5FqOgW4AAKtW6

Last edited:
I don’t mind the name and think the logo is good. They apparently had issues using Fantastic Worlds due to a dispute over its use from Warner Brothers.

Very exciting! Looks like a great park; did they reveal an opening date, out of interest?

Very exciting! Looks like a great park; did they reveal an opening date, out of interest?

No they are not revealing any details regarding opening or IPs being used at present due to competition. All they said jokingly was a Universe is bigger than a World!

The concept art doesn’t show anything to give IPs away but areas on it do look like they match up with previous rumours- Nintendoland, universal monsters, fantastic beasts/or some sort of Harry Potter area, and although can’t tell tell the other area Dreamworks is expected to feature.

No opening date yet or details of any of the areas, they will all come with time.

They are however pushing hard for a train station at the convention center, which is basically next to the park, on the new line from South Florida.

I really like the name for this place and it is doesn't sound any worse than Islands of Adventure. The actual park does look great and I'm looking forward to more details about the attractions!

They are however pushing hard for a train station at the convention center, which is basically next to the park, on the new line from South Florida.

Is this the Virgin Trains USA line which runs from Miami and plans to go onto Tampa? I know both Universal and Disney have been pushing for rail services for a while now but don't want to serve both because god forbid people wanting easy access to both parks...

Amazing how the reaction has been given that we've essentially got two worthwhile bits of information...

I mean the announcement of a new Universal theme park in Orlando is a pretty big deal. And we have a pretty awesome looking concept showing a massive park. Plus if you know where to look there's plenty out there about what will be in this park.

Reactions: Ted
Announced years later but it'll still open before London Resort.
Agreed, but there's a distinct difference. Universal have been working on this for the best part of a decade and have said almost nothing official until it's all good to go and even now we actually have less substance in terms of IPs than we (maybe) know about London Resort.

London Resort have been announcing all the bits and pieces including the changes as they have gone along which has led to the apathy about the project.

I honestly couldn't dislike the name any more if I tried. The word "Epic" and use of it has always iritated me. It's a shocking name for a park imo. Having said that.....I'm sure the park itself will be amazing and more than make up for it.

Fantastic Worlds was so much better I thought.

The only problem I have is the price of the tickets now like just for the 2 parks for a family of 4 over £1000 now that would be a good if u visited nearly day but we only visited 3 days out of the 13 days we were there. (The water park wasn’t built when I was last there).

I also see Epic being dated really quickly.

So is this the whole name for the area? Didn't they try a similar thing when Islands of Adventure opened? They referred to the resort as Universal Escape. No one knew what it was and quite a few didn't even realise IOA was its own separate park. They had to backtrack quite quickly to improve guest figures. Hope they arn't about to repeat that mistake.