• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Unlikely.
Licensing has to be agreed for a certain purpose. The name Voltron for a ride and Voltron for a film/show are distinctly different things. Unless Dreamworks also licensed the specific name for theme park use, or Europa used the shows branding (elevating it to an IP dispute) they can both exist.

Also as one is registered in the US (presumably) and the other Germany the same applies unless Dreamworks have licensed it globally.
For an example of this Zootopia is called Zootropolis in the UK, because Zootopia was already trademarked for UK use, but nowhere else.

All mute points as "Voltron legendary defender" is not the same as "Voltron" trademark rules are very precise on the wording.

From: https://twitter.com/MichaelMack/status/1593548657164374016?s=20&t=O4iZrsYXMJNKF6pove_dCg

The blackboard is filled with Europa Park, Rulantica and Mack family references but also two ride related clues - "Voltron" and "2024"
Fh1wFXaXkAAItxU

Fh1wFXaXwAcCnRp

Meanwhile the maintenance building is vertical and the two train entry points can be clearly seen now. The building will be capable of holding all 7 trains.
FhzEcyCX0AEiFrW

Reminder of maintenance bays overview and turntable access from the planning documents
FhzEcyJXkAAzI5I

Have they announced which tyrant they have taken money off for this yet ?

One would assume Michael Mack has got quite the little black book.

Reactions: D4n
With how much I've spent at the place this year (and another trip over NYE), I like to think I have paid for at least a piece of track! 🤣

Jurgen Mack said last March in a Rust council meeting the ride won’t have a sponsor.
Yesterday evening was a Rust public meeting to discuss the coaster project. Little extra information was given out about the ride itself however; focus was on the surroundings and noise concerns.

- ride is for the same target group as Silver Star and Blue Fire
- the tallest point of the coaster will be 32m and the speed approx. 80 km/h
- due to the relatively low height, the park itself serves as the first noise protection barrrier
- environmental measures are being taken into account for bats which are active in the area therefore most trees will be retained and the amount of lighting will not exceed the current amount of lighting in the area
- the facade of the station building takes after architecture of the Balkans, a sketch showed a building with several gate and window arches (no signs of this being duelling after all according to those who saw the sketch)
- Jurgen Mack stressed the ride will not be sponsored

Watching IAAPA footage and Pleasure Beach Experience had a brief interview with the Mack guy who said late 2023 or 2024 for the coaster specifying on the electronics issue for the delay.

Might've been the language used (or my comprehension of what he said) but it did sound like he implied we'd get a pov in December.

The Construction Documentary series 2 does begin in December, so it could be that they are going to show off the layout then. I also notice in that interview that he states track is already being installed in the station area!

The new documentary episode has dropped, more a teaser for season 2 than anything. But it does show some of the track.

Also in the montage of clips they show they seem to have visited Galaxy's Edge!

Its okay, don't mind the track colour but I so think there were other options that could've looked cooler, seems a bit lazy.

Members of both CoasterFriends.de & EPFriends.de forums have claimed sightings of the first coaster supports being delivered to the site today.
Apparently with a brownish colour.

Hopefully visible (with maybe more?) come the final weekend of the season later this week. Now it really begins!

Excellent! There was no work taking place at the end of December/start of January as they no doubt had a Christmas and New Year break. The site did look ready for the coaster to start going vertical though. So many footers, this thing is going to look mighty impressive!