• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

The next episode of the Construction Documentary is out this morning (S2, Ep1) and shows just how much the site has come on in the past couple of months. It is pleasing to see that the supports are going to be brown and not black.

Not too much revealed still, but clearly construction of the coaster is going to be pretty rapid from here.

Voltron is rising:

1675187905.jpg

Source: EPFans.info

EDIT:

And now EP have shared these photos of the first pieces of track going in:

Last edited:
The track spine seems different than the other Mack coasters out there like Icon or Lost Gravity. Are there any others like this?
I’m not aware of any with this double spine style.

I’d guess this track style will only be a thing in areas where there are more extreme positive G forces. Dynamite at Freizeitpark Plohn features a thicker spine at times - the bottom of the loop for example.
Because the Stryker will have larger trains than the Big Dipper, more reinforcement will be needed where the track experiences significant stress.

Other Mack coasters have a thicker spine in certain places but not two separate spines. I wonder whether this is just a refinement on that older design and the plates welded at intervals between the two spines offer a similar structural performance.

The track is rising in to the sky:

Some interesting connectors below some of the track. For a sound barrier as it is near the edge of the park perhaps? Or more likely so that some netting can be integrated in with the track? Or maybe it could be for theming?

Didn't the planning documents show netting under large sections of the track? I guess they are trying to take no chances with dropped items.

It feels slightly perverse that we still have to wait more than a year for this to open based on the official opening timetable.

It feels slightly perverse that we still have to wait more than a year for this to open based on the official opening timetable.

I remain optimistic for a soft/pre-opening phase in November or December this year before full, official opening for the main 2024 season.

I remain optimistic for a soft/pre-opening phase in November or December this year before full, official opening for the main 2024 season.
AstroDan optimistic? The world is coming to an end!
Considering how quickly this is going up, a soft opening in late 2023 seems possible.

As the park said the delay comes from the electrical components lead times increasing; the actual construction schedule is still on time. So frustratingly later this year the coaster will be physically done but missing the electrical components to operate. Without a miracle reducing those delays 2023 can be forgotten supposedly.

The plan was for the coaster to open winter 2023 and the phase 1 Croatian area/buildings 2024 - at least now the whole area can open together.