• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

They are aiming for a 2023 opening but they just do not know right now. The main issue is the lead time on electrical control systems which can be 60 to 70 weeks. They are working at full throttle so we'll just have to wait and see
Ouchies. I was thinking that with the heart of Mack being very close by it wouldn't be a track or train issue, and theming with such huge construction crews wouldn't be a problem. Absolutely makes sense that the worldwide chip shortage plays into this!

...unless we all chip in to stand around the track with stop/go boards, and push it round the track...?

It really does show it’s a worldwide issue with electrics. I was at Hellendorn last week, their new coaster is finished and has been sat there for ages, and this sign was outside the front of it (Translated on Google).

607402DB-EA4D-4139-A0ED-90E7C9D3206F.png

Mack trademarked 'Voltron' today.

Which is odd because they already back in February trademarked 'Voltron Coaster' (hence why most have presumed since that would be the ride's name). Maybe they've decided to drop having coaster in the official name?

Some more detailed planning documents for the station ground floor/queue have surfaced.
Confirms a normal queue line, single riders line and a timed ticket/virtual line queue (given both being written I assume it means if VL stops being used by the park it will switch over to a Voletarium style ticket system).

Also shows the queues led to a double sided lockers area (like Arthur and F.L.Y. use), before then heading up stairs into the coaster station above.
While on the opposite side at the exit guests can access the rear side before heading out through the exit shop.
Capture_decran_727.png

Capture_decran_728.png

Capture_decran_729.png

Capture_decran_730.png

Capture_decran_731.png

Wow that shows just what a huge station building it is going to be. Looks awesome! Also strongly suggests that the start of the ride will be indoors, though the upper level of the building above the queue entrance.

Good to see that there are plans for a dedicated single rider queue.

So according to Michael Mack today, the next coaster is expected in 2023.

Another potentially interesting thing in the latest construction documentary episode - when in the Mack NeXT offices speaking with designer Matthias about their research into Croatia, how and why EP chooses which parts of countries to recreate and creative choices in the coaster station building - on the floor against the wall some books on Romania can be seen.

Back in late 2020 when Michael announced the new coaster would finally come in 2023 he did say two themed areas would also be added to the park. Obviously we know Croatia is one with Voltron as the corner stone for it to be grown over the next few years. However after that the remaining expansion land is presumably the second area. Romania has been rumoured for years so perhaps (if not another misdirect in the series) that might have been a little tease to the further future.
1661442320696-png.14545

Screenshot_2022-08-26_at_12.40.32.png

I reckon Romania would be a nice addition to EP. You could lean a lot on the vampire/Transylvania type folklore, which could have a lot of potential.

It would allow EP to tap into spooky theming; the park haven’t really explored spooky theming in too much depth before, so I’d be very interested to see their take on it.

I also reckon you could do a very nice major dark ride within a Romania themed area; I have visions in my head of a trackless dark ride or similar themed to Count Dracula’s lair or a vampire castle or something along those lines working beautifully! It could almost be like a modern Geisterschloss, so then the current Geisterschloss could be rethemed to something different.

Okay from those Rust planning documents someone on CoasterFriends.de has spotted an interesting feature.

Anyone not wanting potential spoilers for the indoor parts of this ride *look away now*

Numbering and colours from Mario M of CoasterFriends
IMG_1083.jpg

1 - normal track
2 - Final Brake Run
3 - curve into station
4 & 5- Station
6 - curve out of the station over the exit shop
7 - track passes through a room marked 'effect track'
8 - start of the launch
9 - Vertical Launch up through the Wardenclyffe Tower (likely given the dotted lines for the track end here & the tower on the concepts is in the middle of the building over the entrance)

The room marked 'effect track' is intriguing. Ceiling height of 8,75m (track is about 5m high - neighbouring rooms fitting under the track have 2,85m and 2,95m heights). Beside it is a space labelled nitrogen/compressed gas storage - typically for hydraulic systems/cylinders.
3.JPG

Seems there could be some potential trick track element here in a show scene? Part of me has doubts for the sake of timing with how quick operations need to be for the desired 8 train ops and Silver Star level capacity. However there certainly appears to be something happening here.

Interestingly Mack does actually have a patent for a vertical transport/drop track element

And lastly a clearer look at the lockers area.
Locker.JPG

Okay from those Rust planning documents someone on CoasterFriends.de has spotted an interesting feature.

Anyone not wanting potential spoilers for the indoor parts of this ride *look away now*

Numbering and colours from Mario M of CoasterFriends
IMG_1083.jpg

1 - normal track
2 - Final Brake Run
3 - curve into station
4 & 5- Station
6 - curve out of the station over the exit shop
7 - track passes through a room marked 'effect track'
8 - start of the launch
9 - Vertical Launch up through the Wardenclyffe Tower (likely given the dotted lines for the track end here & the tower on the concepts is in the middle of the building over the entrance)

The room marked 'effect track' is intriguing. Ceiling height of 8,75m (track is about 5m high - neighbouring rooms fitting under the track have 2,85m and 2,95m heights). Beside it is a space labelled nitrogen/compressed gas storage - typically for hydraulic systems/cylinders.
3.JPG

Seems there could be some potential trick track element here in a show scene? Part of me has doubts for the sake of timing with how quick operations need to be for the desired 8 train ops and Silver Star level capacity. However there certainly appears to be something happening here.

Interestingly Mack does actually have a patent for a vertical transport/drop track element

And lastly a clearer look at the lockers area.
Locker.JPG

A trick track doesn’t have to delay throughput, it rarely does it these days but the drop track on Thirteen could run a drop and reset to the upper level in around 40 seconds.

That Thirteen drop track sure is quick!

However, a time of 40 seconds to drop and reset would equate to a max throughput of 1,440 riders per hour or 90 trains per hour even if the drop track was its longest block section… which while undeniably pretty high, doesn’t live up to the billed Silver Star level throughput (the park said 1,750pph, didn’t they? Or am I imagining that?). The only way I can think of to get around that is if EP did a Hagrid’s and built two drop tracks side by side, but I’m not sure if Mack would be up for that…

I was thinking that, it could tilt the train vertically into the launch position, like the Vekoma tilt coasters but in reverse.

An LSM vertical launch from stationary would require some hefty magnets to get the thrust needed to launch, the only other vertical launch LSM system has a level launch into the vertical launch so the train already has momentum. If that was the plan you would need something more mechanical for the initial thrust into the LSM’s.

Then again there is the nitrogen storage, and nitrogen is used for hydraulic accumulators so maybe?

Curious

Some new stats
- 20,000 square metres site
- 7 trains
- 1,385m length*
- 32m height
- 21 curves

*the length is at odds with the previous 1,600m figure stated by Michael Mack. Presumably he was referring to a total amount of track (including maintenance bays) or total amount travelled when you take the swing launch into consideration.

On some coasters that would be impressive but these are the short big dipper trains aren't they? The operations will still be excellent but having a ride with full trains and 7 of them would be insane, not sure it would even be possible to load them fast enough.