• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
logo-belgium.png

According to this article from Roller Coaster Evolution, Turbine will be reopening this year after being sat doing nothing since 2009. It will be fully enclosed to please the park's neighbours and it may have some new effects to please riders!

Work continues on the Shuttle Loop Turbine Walibi Belgium

The rollercoaster of type Loop Shuttle built by the company Schwarzkopf in 1982 within the park Belgian Walibi Belgium with the name Sirocco up to 1998 and from 1999 to 2009 with the numerical turbines remained in disuse since 2009 to today , in 2013 will resume life with a substantial restyling.

Still not they have great information on what is happening and what changes will be made ​​, but as we can see from the photos and the project, Turbine is changing exterior look and certainly within it many new features we will wait, in the meantime you want to remember the its data technicians who are 42 meters of height for a track of 220 meters arriving at a speed of 85 kmh performing a single reversal which is a loop.

1130_405167109566425_69949159_n.jpg

7677484890_20b2328b8d_b.jpg

19192_10151392155256276_1643897662_n.jpg

7677471884_1d5cc887ed_b.jpg

24643910150942298148208.jpg

And finally...

13793_10151368043446276_1988345219_n.png

I hope they do a crazy light show with loud music inside! Speed of Sound is awesome at Walibi Holland, so this could be their equivalent!

:D

More happenings at Walibi Belgium, according to Screamscape:

2013 - Reopen Turbine and More - (1/28/13) I’ve been told that in addition to the rethemed of Turbine this season, the park is making some theme changes to other areas of the park as well. The former “Paris 1900” area, home to Vampire and Wereworld, as well as the “Italia” area of the park will be merged together to form a new “WAB-zone”, themed to the Walibi Adventure Band characters. The transformation of the park’s Le Grand Carrousel will be rather dramatic I’m told. The Old Timers Auto Stop attraction, French Can Can (Wave Swinger), Tuf Tuf Club (bumper cars) and Cillindri Rotanti (Huss Break Dance) rides will also be altered to fit the new theme. The kiddie area that was in the Italia area will also be rethemed to tie in more to The SkunX band characters.

Bad news from Screamscape regarding Turbine's reopening:

2013 - Reopen Turbine and More - (3/25/13) I’ve been told that unfortunately Turbine will not be ready to open for guests when the rest of the park opens for the 2013 season on March 30th. Bad weather conditions this year have slowed down the construction progress and put the project behind schedule. The park is now hoping to have Turbine open sometime in June.
I’ve also been told that sometime in the next month the park is expected to announce the new name for Turbine. While we don’t know the name, I’m told that the ride will be rethemed as a tie in with the rest of the Music Battle theme of the park, possibly themed as “Shimmeria”, a secret planet the characters travel to through an abandoned subway station train.

Turbine is finally testing! :D

2013 - Reopen Turbine and More - (4/15/13) Turbine finally roared back to life at Walibi Belgium this weekend, featuring what appears to be a new train in this picture posted on the ‘net. The conversion of the ride is still not finished, as the spike tracks still have to be enclosed before the park will reopen the ride, but after sitting dormant for so long, it is good to see that the launch system still works. Look for it to likely reopen in June.
From Screamscape.

xomgb7.jpg

News from Screamscape on what's happening with Turbine's reopening:

2013 - Reopen Turbine and More - (5/14/13) I’ve been told that there will be a live press conference online at www.walibi.be sometime soon to talk about the relaunch of Turbine, the new name, new theme and new opening date.

You know I never understood how the riders managed to stay in their seats with a just lap bar when the train was stuck upside down?

Screamscape have another small update on Psyke Underground (what a name :p ) here, the most notable update being something they've learnt about the queue:
...the new entrance and queue for the ride will apparently go under a section of the ride, passing through the old flywheel launch system room, where the flywheel has now become part of the themeing. An animated video featuring The Music Battle characters will be shown explaing the ride’s safety rules, with the less than intelligent “Marvin and Bob” being responsible for launching the riders into the darkness.