• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

I generally feel the same, but what could the Mack World's first be? One of those it's rather impossible to get near unless they're moving into inverters given they've done a powered version. That would be interesting.
Well Mack could easily come up with sometime unique that doesn't have to be complex. Only in 2011 they opend Atlantis at Legoland and that's both a worlds first and about as simple a ride system as you could create.

Have been hearing from a few different people that this could be a new type or an improved version of the water coaster.

Edit.
Just found this to save a double post.
2761dd2fe575f7185105a3d39f19cd4d.jpg

:D

From Loopings:

"Despite the long queues Walibi Belgium does everything to make visitors to their liking in this busiest weekend of the year. Passengers get a mine train while riding a picture of a naked lady to see.

Who looks closely can see an open beaten exposed leaf are from the trains of the popular rollercoaster Calamity Mine.Apparently employees sex book consciously or unconsciously leave about maintenance times.They do dads present probably a big favor."

I had to, sorry :D

Rumours are swirling. Some have heard that this project will be an all new water coaster from Mack, sorta halfway between a traditional water coaster (Poseidon) and the new white-water rafting concept that was talked about at a PortAventura presentation.

It will be a water coaster that is capable of entering 'white water rafting' sections, like a normal rapids ride, where the boats are free to take their own course. It will also be able to do all the coaster things that the Poseidon system can do. Apparently this was originally planned for PortAventura but they opted for Angkor Wat instead. Gutting news for PA fans if true!

Rumours are swirling. Some have heard that this project will be an all new water coaster from Mack, sorta halfway between a traditional water coaster (Poseidon) and the new white-water rafting concept that was talked about at a PortAventura presentation.

It will be a water coaster that is capable of entering 'white water rafting' sections, like a normal rapids ride, where the boats are free to take their own course. It will also be able to do all the coaster things that the Poseidon system can do. Apparently this was originally planned for PortAventura but they opted for Angkor Wat instead. Gutting news for PA fans if true!

WOW! Please be this! Would also be hilarious if PA opted for a splash battle over a concept like that, there is no comparison. Very exciting.

:)

Loopings have revealed what they believe the 2016 Mack Rides attraction at Walibi Belgium will be:
Loopings said:
Walibi Belgium opens in 2016 a unique new attraction. It is a 'boomerang splash "a massive forty foot high water coaster with two vertical towers. That can report Looopings exclusively on the basis of different reliable sources.

Boats are first quickly hoisted up from the station. At the highest point they fall perpendicularly backwards down a hill towards a backward big splash. Then a second lift hoists the vessels again perpendicular backward up.

That keeps the structure. What follows is a forward free fall with a second splash. Finally, turn the boats over the hill back to the starting point. The operation is similar to the principle of the famous boomerang coasters, which, since 2001, a state in Walibi Belgium.

The new attraction is a world first, built by the German manufacturer Mack Rides. The station is equipped with a large turntable to maximize capacity. While leaving a first boat, a second boat can be filled. In a raft is place for twenty passengers: five rows of four.

The new ride will be located between free fall tower Dalton Terror and trunk orbit Flash Back. In a few months to start construction work. In the spring of 2016, the 'boomerang splash' are off.

2wbmackpowersplash120115.jpg

2wbmackpowersplashmap120115.jpg

Have to say this is slightly disappointing considering what had been rumoured. I'm sure it will be a nice family attraction, it just doesn't really excite me.

Whilst it doesn't particularly excite, it is good to see yet more innovative concepts being developed by Mack Rides. This thing is going to look weird!

I reckon we could see the larger coaster for Parc Astérix whilst for Walibi Holland I would say it is a bit of an unknown.

Walibi Belgium isn't that great to be honest anyway.

A disappointing addition to a park desperate for something new and big...

Granted of course, they do have a lot of local based issues, but still, a boomerang water ride is not what a park with log flume and boomerang needed...

Yeah, pretty disappointing news really. From Walibi, and Mack tbh.

This isn't a particularly interesting (to me, at least).

A disappointing addition to a park desperate for something new and big...

Granted of course, they do have a lot of local based issues, but still, a boomerang water ride is not what a park with log flume and boomerang needed...

That's very, very weird!

A boomerang water ride.

There's innovation, arguably RMC (despite my reservations on it), Arrow swinging coaster, Launch coasters, things that add a real value to a ride and something exciting. S&S 4D etc.

Then there's "innovation". When something becomes a bit... gimmicky, over engineered, over complicated.

Willing to incur the wrath of the entire Mack Supporters Club, and based PURELY on initial impressions of which I am perfectly entitled to do, I would AT PRESENT based on limited info place this very much in that latter category.

A very, very odd sounding ride.

Even the most passionate members of the TS Mackdom are quite prepared to admit that not all Mack products are good (hence the occasional meet discussion of 'Mack Gash'). I think they would generally agree that if this is what Walibi Belgium get it'll be slightly gimmicky, not to mention quite disappointing compared to the prospect of more Mega/Mega-derived hardware within easy reach of the UK.

Even the most passionate members of the TS Mackdom are quite prepared to admit that not all Mack products are good (hence the occasional meet discussion of 'Mack Gash'). I think they would generally agree that if this is what Walibi Belgium get it'll be slightly gimmicky, not to mention quite disappointing compared to the prospect of more Mega/Mega-derived hardware within easy reach of the UK.

It's rather obvious too given the fanfare it was given that if this is what it is, it was over hyped.

One thing however I would temper that with, is especially in a hot summer, it will make quite the odd spectacle.

An official rendering of the ride has been released:

B9ot_pBIIAAm0zv.jpg:large

Going to be totally honest, it looks UTTER BALLS! :p

Hopefully Walibi Holland have something more exciting for us.

Reactions: Sam
So the track for this is actually being produced in Belgium, probably because Mack have so much stuff going on these days! Here is a photo of track production in the factory:

0000060.jpg

Source: ooparc.com

My interest in this still remains very low and considering the lack of responses to the previous rendering I posted I think the same can be said for most of us!

It is certainly a novelty and could be a good option for smaller parks.

So here is a video of this new ride which is going to be called Pulsar:

Vertical construction has also started:

12115675_468134603369510_960023520176547116_n.jpg