• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

Let's be honest though, the whole of Walibi Belgium is weird. I've visited twice and on both occasions left thinking "what an odd place".

They have a Rapids ride which requires life jackets for kids, a shuttle loop coaster with a box literally built around it, a water park where trunks are compulsory and the parks theme is based around a rock band of walibis and other weird looking cartoon animals. Some of their former rides are also beyond the point of bizarre. This is no ordinary theme park so this ride fits well.

I know Walibi (both this and the Dutch park) are a bit weird, but I do like them like that. They stick out compared to a lot of other parks. Psyke Underground looks awesome in particular. To be fair though, compared to BonBon Land this place is normal :p

I think it's going to be cool! It can't be anymore of a disaster than Vertigo was, anyway.

Those wheels are indeed huge, they're like the Superman ones.

As I've said from the start, I think this is going to a lot of fun. Mack aren't in the business of producing sucky rides, although I don't buy into the whole 'midas touch' thing that seems to be prevalent in enthusiast communities at the moment.

Also, for Walibi - Vertigo was a disaster and they obviously need a hit for their first 'big' attraction since then, nearly a decade on.

I quite like the look of it. It's no real difference than going on a ride like tidal wave, that's just a lift and a drop. This has a bit more too it and takes up a smaller area than a ride like that.

It's a weird one, I really like the look of it and I think the way they've used the technology is great. Especially how they've managed to sync the basin filling up.

But it doesn't excite me or especially make me want to visit.

Are we looking at the same ride? It's the bastard love child of RC Racer and a Disko, with added wetness.

I like it because it just seems like it shouldn't exist, like an idea that should have been shot down straight away, but they decided to do it anyway. Turntable station, shuttling back and forth faster and faster for a bit, then suddenly filling with water and splashing, it makes no sense at all, but surprisingly it makes no sense in a way that actually looks fun, despite all the laughing we did before.

Although I do wish they'd build a proper coaster here, it's rather lacking compared to it's sister park in Holland. Even the other Walibi is getting a new wooden coaster this year.

I'm not sure things have to make sense to be fun?

Regardless, they seem to love their shuttle coasters and their water rides. Perhaps that was the brief.

Are we looking at the same ride? It's the ******* love child of RC Racer and a Disko, with added wetness.

I am not enthralled by this, but it's certainly got more speed and thrill to both of the rides you mention.

Looks strange but good fun. Quite a clever ride also. But it's not one that will excite me or something I'd want to queue a long time for. I don't know Walibi Belgium well at all but I'm sure this will be a good addition for them.

:)

It has just been posted over on Coaster Force that the park made an announcement at their annual 'Coaster Fan Day' yesterday. At the end of the season they will remove 'La Grande Roue' the parks Vekoma Ferris wheel, which is the 2nd oldest ride in the park.

The wheel and the area around it will be cleared, to make way for a new attraction expected to arrive in 2018!

Very exciting news indeed, yet more new goodness for 2018 and fantastic to see the park getting more investment off the back of Pulsar, as they have been lacking in development for so long now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear. I'm assuming it'll be some form of flat ride... Can't imagine there's much room for anything bigger there, given the wheel essentially butts up to Loop Garou. If we're talking coaster, it's surely going to have to be something which spreads. Perhaps a station/entrance at the wheel, and then the coaster sat out where Vertigo was?

Interesting, never the less :)

Looks Like Walibi mean business, 10 new attractions and 4 new coaster :eek:

"Walibi Belgium has impressive future plans. In the coming years, the theme park will invest more than 100 million euros in ten new attractions, of which four new roller coasters, spread over eight new themed areas. In 2021, the largest and fastest rollercoaster of the Benelux will open.

This was announced by Walibi at a press conference this morning. The first expansion will be scheduled for next year. In 2018, the theme park will create a Hawaiian themed area with a new family coaster near the interactive darkride Challenge of Tutankhamon.

The Tivoli coaster Coccinelle will move to the place of the old Ferris wheel, which was taken down last winter. The Aqualibi swimming pool will be expanded and renovated next year, with a children's area of 700 m². The whole water paradise will get a tropical theme.

In 2019 the entrance of the park will get a new look. In addition, there will be a makeover for the area around Cobra, the Vekoma Boomerang. There will also be a themed restaurant and a spinning theater with Bollywood theme. In the same year, a new children's coaster will open.

The current Far West section should be revamped by 2020. There will be an interactive water attraction, a Mack Rides Twist'n'Splash. A year later, there will be a refurbishment for the area around Wooden roller coaster Weerwolf and Vampire, the SLC of the park. Both attractions will receive a New Orelans theme, with voodoo influences.

The biggest investment is scheduled for 2021. Walibi Belgium will open that year a spectacular megacoaster in a new African themed area, at the back end of the park. It will be the largest and fastest rollercoaster of the Benelux.

And that's not all. The intention is to build a new family attraction between 2022 and 2023. The area around the log flume Flash Back and the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop Psyké Underground will get a harbor theme. Also, new slides will be added to Aqualibi.

"With this ambitious development plan, we want to take our place again as the largest and most sensational theme park for all ages in Belgium," says the Director. He accounts for 30 percent more visitors."

Source for press conference images https://www.facebook.com/Pretparkenbe/?fref=ts

Needed. The park is quite dated currently.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk