• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

The same RCDB that refused to admit The Smiler existed until it opened?
And also the same RCDB that added Octanauts almost immediately :p

I did a quick search on Twitter as well, Loopings said it'll open on the 4th of June.

Looopings have some new photos, including of one of the boats which has now arrived:

040416alltheright5.jpg

040416alltheright4.jpg

040416alltheright1.jpg

Not convinced on the overall look of the boat, but the seats look lovely and comfy!

:)

What on earth actually IS this ride, it's so odd! Anyway... It's testing, it's certainly nippy once it gets going, but I can't help but feel myself asking, WHY?

I really am intrigued to know how they're doing the whole splash/no splash thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems so dull, the most exciting part will be turn table in the station. Also what is it with Walibi Belgium and having shuttle rides? Do they have a fettish for reverse rides???

Throughput is going to be awful...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It does have a turntable duel loading system, so one boat will be posting whilst the other is busy 'Power Splashing' ;)

Looking at the video the cycle appears to be 35-45 seconds, so even imagining that a full cycle may well do the splash twice, that's about 2 minutes. So with that you'd possibly be looking at 600pph, which for an attraction of this type is expected. There's no denying it isn't a star attraction, it's a filler. For example, the theoretical throughput of a Vekoma Boomerang is 770pph.

Anyway, in terms of the ride as random as it looks I can partly see the appeal for parks, it fills almost 3 gaps in a small parks market, coaster, large scale water ride & a launch. It's ideal for a family market, who knows that reverse spike could even offer some nice floater airtime!

I don't think you're going to splash twice, I think it's just a one time thing.

Saw on CF that the trough takes 50 seconds to empty and 6 seconds to fill with water, so they're cutting it fine time wise!

I don't think you're going to splash twice, I think it's just a one time thing.

Saw on CF that the trough takes 50 seconds to empty and 6 seconds to fill with water, so they're cutting it fine time wise!

Yeah, that things only splashing once then. It's cool, but it really is such an excessive OTT system!

Possibly looking at closer to the 800pph mark for throughput then.

On the plus side they can alter the water level depending on the weather

It is weird, but then this whole thing is weird!

IMG_1885.jpg

from CF

Also, the running wheels on this are massive. Like, bigger than any ride I can think of:
thumb_375-e1448308846162.jpg

On CF they're listed as 35 inches across with a weight of 200Kg

Wow that wheel looks awesome!

In terms of the ride, it may well be fun but I just can't gain any really interest or excitement for it. It's just, well, weird!

:)