• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

Great developments planned by the looks of things - exciting times! I'll certainly be pencilling in a visit for 2021 to see all these changes and additions.

Wouldn't mind a Mack hyper, but I wouldn't be surprised if Intamin are announced based on that layout. Great to see thrill and family investment all catered for.

Great developments planned by the looks of things - exciting times! I'll certainly be pencilling in a visit for 2021 to see all these changes and additions.

Wouldn't mind a Mack hyper, but I wouldn't be surprised if Intamin are announced based on that layout. Great to see thrill and family investment all catered for.
The layout does resemble an Intamin, but Intamin have had a rather, um, hit-and-miss reliability record in the last 10 years *cough* I305 trim brakes, Maverick heartline roll removal, Flying Aces getting OTSRs *cough*. Also, I think that that layout bears a resemblance to DC Rivals, a Mack roller coaster.

Either an Intamin or Mack would be a great choice. Just think, at least Intamin are just a quick hop skip and a jump over the boarder. They will have nowhere to hide!!!!

According to Looopings, the plans shown for the mega coaster are indeed from Intamin. To me it looks like a cross between EGF/Goliath and i305.

:)

The Gerst Bob is going up:

27709512_10155971557866276_1811869206208949433_o.jpg

What a lovely colour scheme!

Tiki-Waka has now opened to the public and we have a POV:

Looks like good fun and appears quite different to some of the other Gerstlauer Bobs out there. Some nice theming as well!

I am glad this park is getting something like this. It's not a park I am particularly fond of, as it has felt terribly tired and lethargic on the two occasions I have visited.

Seems like they've got a bit trigger happy with the tedious amount of banking on straight sections?

Well that looks a little bit good, it's just a shame that we have to wait until 2021 for it. That first airtime hill should be incredible and the subsequent outer banked hill does remind me of the one on SteVe.

Here's a look at the fact sheet for the coaster:

DsD1NpFX0AIe6g6.jpg

Source

I've not yet been to Walibi Belgium but that will be changing with this!

2021, mad how long it'll have been planned for. I remember being on a backstage tour of Walibi Holland in September 2017 and when discussing Goliath they were upset their benelux height record was going to be broken.

This will be located at the back of the park in the new expansion behind this years Gerstlauer bobsleigh coaster Tiki Waka. As shown below in the original master plan concept.

ba33eb6d281ad77969ffa3cce513da22.jpg

So it’s roughly here, sat in between Tutankhamon and Calamity Mine.

cd8b0c4793f9456d211d6eaa00d66c4d.png