• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
GCI have confirmed at an ACE convention that Robin Hood is on the list for refurbishment in 2014. Tweets from ACE's Twitter suggest that they are of the understanding that this will take place before the park opens for 2014.

Hrok4c2.jpg

Its good to see that parks are looking after their rides.

I havent ridden Robin Hood as yet, but have it planned for June, so will be interesting to see how this rides. By all accounts its an average kind of ride.

As for GCI, I believe that they had done some work on Anaconda at Walygator last year as well. When I rode it again in August it wasnt actually too bad.

Spotted by peep on CF.

So the park have begun work on a whole host of different little projects.

One is to transform 'Xpress' into 'Xpress Platform 13', which will involve a complete retheme and adding a dark ride scene at the end, which will include some sort of amazing effect. Here's the trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz0AmdpDFYc#ws

peep on CF said:
Lets start with Xpress. Last year the ride was repainted Grey and black and it looks a lot better for it. More info has now arisen and the ride is being renamed Xpress: Platform 13. They're currently installing a new building over the last part of the ride (breaks before the station) to create a new 'scene'. The scene will contain an exciting effect apparently. The queueline is expected to get an interactive element and apparently the park is seeking an actor for the ride. It also looks like there could be a new off-load platform. The park released a new teaser ad which is a little odd but might give us some idea of what to expect from the new theme...

dymlIHZ.jpg

bCAlKGP.jpg

PPRvQml.jpg

h4Z3cuy.jpg

2m0hMqZ.jpg

p6opMMw.jpg

lt87vOH.jpg

The Mexican area is currently going through a huge re-theme to bring in line with the new Walibi brand. The area will now belong to the Skunx, I look forward to seeing what will become of the poorly kept area.

s9fS039.jpg

It has also meant that El Condor is being renamed and repainted a very bright orange.

QITEyOw.jpg

oQz7Iyi.jpg

Kryyrpo.jpg

Goliath has also been given a new paint job. The track has been given a brighter green and the supports are now black (and not that hideous purple).

0YQM3MQ.jpg

fhPSPdf.jpg

OrPDW5H.jpg

wgA1v9o.jpg

An internal memo about the park's future has also been leaked....

HIOLgfW.jpg

Someone later on then managed to translate the memo. :)

KristofWB said:
The internal memo says that the park will be working on comfort for guests, service and general in the park. They are also working very hard on the refurbishment of the Walibi Village bungalow resort, including the bungalows themselves, aswell as the public pool and public places. The final part says that they are looking out for a brand new ride for 2016.

For the Xpress: Platform 13...the last part of the ride will become somekind of optical illusion, in which guests get stuck in somekind of tunnel and almost get hit by a giant truck/train before unloading the train.

Nothing too thrilling, but improvements like this are always good! I especially like the repaint of El Condor, even if it is a nasty SLC, as bright orange just looks so much fresher than the depressed white it was before. And Platform 13 definitely looks interesting, I love the effort they've gone to to mock up those 70s American news reports!

Like Holiday Park and Walygator, this looks like a park that is making every effort to become fresher and livelier. :)

According to Themepark.nl Walibi Holland may build a new Megacoaster manufactured by Mack Rides for 2016.

source (In Dutch)

According to this forum, this are the arguments :
- They went to Europa Park to try Bluefire, and visited Mack Rides factory
- There is a high budget allowed to Walibi Holland
- It is official that the park will get something new in 2016
Even their staff says that they believe it will be a Mack megacoaster.

It is always good to see a new Mack Megacoaster, knowing how good they are. But I dont see the need for Walibi Holland to get one on these. If they want airtimes, they already have Goliath, and for a launch/looper, they have Xpress! (OK Xpress is nowhere has good as a Mack would be).

Let's see (and hope) if this rumour gets confirmed.

Het is officieel! Er komt een nieuwe ride in 2016! De ride wordt gebouwd door het Duitse bedrijf Mack Rides. Wat voor coaster zou jij graag zien?
This is what was posted with the image on Walibi's Facebook page.

Translation (thanks google):
It's official! A new ride in 2016! The ride will be built by the German company Mack Rides. What coaster would you like to see?

So the rumour I posted in april seems to be true! :-D

After Helix and Blu-fi who wouldn't want a Mack Mega?

You'd be simply mad to run a theme park and not investigate them, given how much Helix cost for the size and terrain and sublime design they represent a great value investment as well clearly.

I really cannot wait to get my backside on one of those coasters.

I'd actually THORPE got one of those instead of a woodie (if that was on the cards)

A Mack Mega would seem an odd choice in the same park as Goliath and X-Press (Especailly given this is just being rethemed). Am I right in thinking that this park only has a log flume and a rapids for water rides? Maybe a Water Coaster like Poseidon?

And why not the new Suspended Powered Coaster? From what I remember this park has no dark rides.

Please be a Mack Megacoaster! With them already having Goliath it would make Walibi Holland extremely appealing.

:)

Looopings are sure it's a Mack Mega, and they're usually very trustworthy. I can't seem them announcing a spinner or even a water coaster this far in advance. This needs to be something big to turn the park's fortunes around.

rzh1rnQ.jpg

I think we need a spin off forum.

One just for actual coaster enthusiasts who'd rather see a Mack Mega and get excited about it rather than a slow dark ride or a water coaster. Each to their own, but mine is firmly planted in thrill coasters.

CoasterForce is over there <-

As a park enthusiast, I don't mind what they get as long as it's a decent version. Something like "Journey to Atlantis" from Orlando and not from San Diego!

If it's a Mack-ega coaster, that's great! If it's an Arthur spin-off, that's great! If it's a Poseidon spin-off, that's...less great but could still be good :p

Looopings...

Looopings said:
Here comes the new roller coaster in Walibi Holland
plekje30914.jpg

30-09-2014, 17:13 | Comments (27)

The big new roller coaster that will open Walibi Holland, in 2016 comes back to lie. Theme park That the park management has just been unveiled during a special tour for journalists and fans.

Outdoor attraction built between the whitewater Crazy River and the rodeo cowboy bull in the village, partly on the old location of the coaster Wok's Madness. Until now, that place can be found. Picnic area For the construction of the railway Walibi Express must be moved. The opening is scheduled for March 25, 2016. Walibi made last week announced that it had. a big new ride manufacturer Mack Rides ordered from Germany Rumored to be a so-called mega coaster , a huge roller coaster with multiple inversions.

opbokken30914.jpg

SEE ALSO: 'Walibi Holland opens mega coaster in 2016'

If they're getting this many journos in so long before it opens, this has to be more than a family spinner...

Park World has suggested that this could be a new coaster type from Mack, intriguing!

:)

I still have my fingers crossed for a Mack inverted, preferably with a launch. On my recent trip to EP, every time I looked at an Arthur train I imagined it stripped down and turned into an inverted equivalent of the mega coaster train, with two single columns coming down from each car chassis, each supporting a pair of the usual high-backed curved seats and over the shoulder lap restraints.

You could argue that there's no point in Mack developing such a ride system, especially as B&M have the top end of the market practically sewn up, but I think there's a middle ground between B&M inverts and Vekoma SLCs that the Intamin SLC failed to capture. Also, launched inverted coasters would be an interesting approach as they're still rare globally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just the US that has them with Intamin's impulse coasters and Volcano? Frankly I'm sure Mack could do a lot better than the latter, and if built in Europe the resulting ride would be unique in the continent. I'm not sure whether you could call it a European first because of Vekoma's failed attempt at LSMs on HangOver at Liseberg, but I doubt that would stop the average park marketing department!

If such hardware existed Walibi Holland would perhaps be a strange candidate for getting one though. They already have inverted and launched coasters covered by El Condor and Xpress. Both appear to be complete balls, but it would surely be a bad idea to render both of them obsolete with one coaster that combines their best traits.