• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

I had not realised that these had not been posted here yet. If you've not already seen, Walibi Holland have been carrying out some very essential works whilst the park has been closed...:

Utterly bonkers, but quite brilliant!

Meanwhile the park is set to re-open on Monday.

I had not realised that these had not been posted here yet. If you've not already seen, Walibi Holland have been carrying out some very essential works whilst the park has been closed...:

Utterly bonkers, but quite brilliant!

Meanwhile the park is set to re-open on Monday.

A position on Walibi Holland’s social media team must be a great job to have right now! Their little games have been really cheering me up throughout this whole period, and I hope reopening goes well for them!

They'll have likely compiled a media bank of lunacy prior to the park being open, meaning they have more content to distribute.
Ah, I suppose that’s probably true; the social media team surely need something to do when the park’s closed!

Yet another dose of Walibi wackiness:

Walibi Holland’s video on their official Facebook account has been viewed 196k times.

Theme Park Review ripped the video and posted it onto their own Facebook and it’s been seen 2.7mn times!

Walibi Holland’s video on their official Facebook account has been viewed 196k times.

Theme Park Review ripped the video and posted it onto their own Facebook and it’s been seen 2.7mn times!

Well I think ‘ripped’ is harsh. Walibi will have sent that video to TPR as well as other well-known theme park channels similarly to how new POVs are spread. It’s not like TPR neglected to mention the ride and park name. After all, for the park’s sake it doesn’t matter where people are watching the video as long as it’s getting watched!

After being envious over the lockdown period of all those teddy bears riding Untamed, I finally got my chance last week following a four-year period since my last WH visit.

First and foremost, Walibi Holland remains the outrageously fun theme park I remembered; one that Thorpe Park should be looking at for identity and tone of voice. Since my last visit, the Goliath area and surrounding part of the park has been themed into the speedway section, completing the look and feel of this part of the park. The entrance street has also received a few additional kicks of flavour to help coat it in the Walibi feel that runs consistently through the park. The biggest change since my last visit, however, is the Wilderness area.

Admittedly I wasn't the biggest fan of the graffiti overlay on the madhouse castle, however, it helps to tie the exterior into the area nicely in person whilst maintaining the pleasant theme inside. The 're-theme' of the Top Spin to Blast (if you can even call it a re-theme) isn't really noticeable, however, it's still an absolute riot to see the waterboarding of riders still remains in place.

Then, of course, there's the park's new headlining attraction. For anyone who hasn't ridden an RMC before from the UK, then it's likely either Untamed or Zadra will be your starting block. Untamed is a ludicrous cocktail of what makes RMCs exceptional rides. The jarring, popping air time is present, the wild unbanked transitions in the third quarter towards the bunny hops, all tied together seamlessly with the glass-smooth, fluid ride experience RMC has become the connoisseur of delivering. The hang-time doesn't quite compete with some of its older relatives, but this can be forgiven on the sheer principle of the ecstatic sensations it delivers on its rampage through from the top of the lift hill to the brake run.

Then there's riding it at night. With an 11pm park close, we managed to reserve a slot bang-on 11 guaranteeing a ride in the pitch black of darkness. Whilst the American RMC counterparts are typically bug-infested and floodlit at night, Untamed comes into its own by hurtling you through elements that you know are there from previous re-rides, yet aren't expecting on cue due to no visibility whatsoever. The result is a mindblowing experience that no matter how desensitised you've become to roller coasters, will still offer some form of an adrenaline kick.

Untamed is everything Walibi Holland needed and deserved. The theme is wonderfully conveyed and turns the concept of a wilderness into something of a place you want to get lost in, whilst maintaining some lovely nods to Robin Hood that gave way for something bonkers to be put in its place.

After being envious over the lockdown period of all those teddy bears riding Untamed, I finally got my chance last week following a four-year period since my last WH visit.

First and foremost, Walibi Holland remains the outrageously fun theme park I remembered; one that Thorpe Park should be looking at for identity and tone of voice. Since my last visit, the Goliath area and surrounding part of the park has been themed into the speedway section, completing the look and feel of this part of the park. The entrance street has also received a few additional kicks of flavour to help coat it in the Walibi feel that runs consistently through the park. The biggest change since my last visit, however, is the Wilderness area.

Admittedly I wasn't the biggest fan of the graffiti overlay on the madhouse castle, however, it helps to tie the exterior into the area nicely in person whilst maintaining the pleasant theme inside. The 're-theme' of the Top Spin to Blast (if you can even call it a re-theme) isn't really noticeable, however, it's still an absolute riot to see the waterboarding of riders still remains in place.

Then, of course, there's the park's new headlining attraction. For anyone who hasn't ridden an RMC before from the UK, then it's likely either Untamed or Zadra will be your starting block. Untamed is a ludicrous cocktail of what makes RMCs exceptional rides. The jarring, popping air time is present, the wild unbanked transitions in the third quarter towards the bunny hops, all tied together seamlessly with the glass-smooth, fluid ride experience RMC has become the connoisseur of delivering. The hang-time doesn't quite compete with some of its older relatives, but this can be forgiven on the sheer principle of the ecstatic sensations it delivers on its rampage through from the top of the lift hill to the brake run.

Then there's riding it at night. With an 11pm park close, we managed to reserve a slot bang-on 11 guaranteeing a ride in the pitch black of darkness. Whilst the American RMC counterparts are typically bug-infested and floodlit at night, Untamed comes into its own by hurtling you through elements that you know are there from previous re-rides, yet aren't expecting on cue due to no visibility whatsoever. The result is a mindblowing experience that no matter how desensitised you've become to roller coasters, will still offer some form of an adrenaline kick.

Untamed is everything Walibi Holland needed and deserved. The theme is wonderfully conveyed and turns the concept of a wilderness into something of a place you want to get lost in, whilst maintaining some lovely nods to Robin Hood that gave way for something bonkers to be put in its place.
I plan to make Untamed my first RMC when i visit because that's the general opinion that everyone says. It looks like a very nice and friendly park and they have some good looking rides such as Lost Gravity, Goliath, Xpress: Platform 13 and of course Untamed which looks insane tbh!

The current Virtual Queue system isn't great - you basically have to hang about for 1 to 2 hours between coasters and attempting some of the support rides is almost pointless because, due to the virtual queue, they all have long waits.

Untamed was great and the park remains home to some of the best coasters on the continent.

I really do love Walibi, it’s nice to go to a park with major rides and coasters and all the themes are happy, fun and colourful. Compared to the UK when we end up with end of the world depressing areas.

The untamed theme and area is totally bizarre and weird, but it just seems to work and fit the park Perfectly.

I love the style of the park and the way they don’t really take them selves too serious, it’s what Thorpe should be like. The new entrance style is also good and really fits the theme of the park. Will be interesting what they’ve got planned for the park next.

I actually don't much like the style of the park. It's a bit of a mish-mash with a lack of coherence for the most part.

It's just not my thing. But I like the coasters, and some of the supporting rides, so that's why I go.

:)

Just seen this video on Walibi Holland, but it's not in english. Anyone care to translate as YouTube's auto-translation is pants? :p

(It does irk me when a channel's name is in english but the videos, titles and descriptions are in a different language)