• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wardley's autobiography published

I've just seen that John Wardley's autobiography has at last been published. You can find it on Amazon. Search for his name or ISBN-10: 1484049144 or ISBN-13: 978-1484049143. I've ordered a copy. Can't wait to read it!

For a link to the final chapter of John Wardley's book which is missing from some editions of the book due to the delay in The Smiler's opening, click here: http://www.john-wardley.demon.co.uk/autotext.htm

Wow, going to order this tonight, can't wait to read it! I had no idea about this! :D

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I had not idea either. Going to order it tonight after work, cheers for the heads up on this. Should be an interesting read.

Sent from my GT-I9300 via Tapatalk Forum App

I can see a new Book speeding to the top of Amazon best sellers.

Just ordered mine, and looking forward to reading it.

Ian

It's only £10! Shame the publisher didn't print a 3ft tall leather-bound limited edition with an additional lectern for recitations.

This should be sold in every Alton Towers/Chessington gift shop!

Shame there is no digital version, which is strange considering its published by Amazon, so you would of thought they would have a digital copy.

Oh well, roll on Friday.

Ian

I'm not a massive reader but I've just ordered this and can't wait to read it. It should definitely be sold at Towers, they'd definitely sell a decent number of copies I reckon!

:)

Apparently this was John's original front cover design but the publishers objected to it.

They sold Alton Towers Past and Present (aka A Gothic Wonderland) in some of the gift shops recently. There's no reason why they can't sell this book either, I'm sure they will be glad to. I've heard about this for a while but had no idea it would be published so soon!

I am prepared to receive the sacred words of squirting elephants and dancing skeletons.

electricBlll said:

Apparently this was John's original front cover design but the publishers objected to it.

They sold Alton Towers Past and Present (aka A Gothic Wonderland) in some of the gift shops recently. There's no reason why they can't sell this book either, I'm sure they will be glad to. I've heard about this for a while but had no idea it would be published so soon!

I am prepared to receive the sacred words of squirting elephants and dancing skeletons.

Also reading how you were created and installed maybe :p

Is this an official book, It just seems a little to basic to be something John would make and the description doesn't really make me believe its real either. Given the amount of people buying it Im sure it is, but there is something a little iffy about it.

As well as selling Alton Towers: Past and Present, a new book has been on sale in ATH at least (not sure I've seen it on park though). Amusement Park Rides by Martin Easdown. It's a small book on the history of rides and is really nicely put together, apart from the fact it states that Oblivion opened in 2001, oops! So there's no reason why Towers couldn't or shouldn't sell John Wardley's autobiography.

:)