• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Warner Bros Australia - New Mack - DC Rivals HyperCoaster

Ted

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Kondaa
With the hectic news lately that Blackpool and Liseberg are getting new coasters, it looks like Warner Brothers Movie World in Australia are getting one as well!

The park recently submitted a planning application for the new coaster (from Gazza over on Coasterforce)

12456.JPG.7a2429ff151b0bea18b749869fe44559.JPG

According to Gazza, there's already an area fenced off, which is on this map.

SEQPogl.jpg

And here's Michael Mack teasing...

FullSizeRender.jpg.066064b99aae7f973e160c2f2555cbc9.jpg

Sounds very exciting! Now the way Australia works with its operating seasons is that the coaster will probably open in the last 3rd of 2017. If it is a Mack, then what type will it be?

There are rumours that this could be something like Flash at Lewa Adventure but I have no idea how reliable those are. It does look like a fairly big site so my guess would be something between Alpina Blitz and Flash.

:)

It was confirmed to EuropaStreet when at EP that this will be a Mack Hyper coaster and their biggest one to date (i.e. taller than Flash)!

Wow!

Reactions: Ted
Damn that sounds massive! Sounds like the folks down under are gonna have a world class coaster (and hopefully it contains some decent themeing) in this Mack :)

Sounds amazing! Shame it's on the other side of the world. I wonder if it will have a massive loop like Flash? :)

I was close to making a thread about this last week!

For some further reading (and wild speculation) there's some discussion over at Aussie theme park forum Parkz (who knew Australia had enough theme parks to get excited over? ;))

In other Movie World news, there's a bit of news today as the Arkham Asylum coaster, a Vekoma SLC, seems to have broken down on the lift hill, and being subsequently evac'd by firefighters.

I've never seen an SLC lift hill evac before - it looks very precarious! I'm surprised there isn't a movable platform that can be used, like on Air.

Is that the SLC with Kumbak trains? *shudders at the thought* EDIT: yes, it is!
I thought they did have a movable platform on the lift?

We have discussed numerous times how awful the SLC KumbaK VR combo sounds, interesting to hear that opinion from a rider :)

Track has arrived, and it's a rather bright shade of pink:

58b3c72a26c08_ScreenShot2017-02-27at4_28_13pm.png.f1ce18ac7754f8eb36daea01cd980ba8.png

Source

Can't wait to see this going up!

Reactions: Ted
As a point of reference, I went to Movie World last weekend, and Arkham Asylum rode far worse than I remembered it. Also, the addition of VR has absolutely murdered the throughput.

The majority of theming from the dark ride section of Scooby Doo has been removed. I believe it is planned to be replaced, but in the meantime, it looks pretty dire.

Isn't the Scooby Doo dark ride based on the 2002 live action movie? If so then good.

Nearmap have an updated aerial image of the site for this coaster which shows off all of the footers in place:

58cdd540b197d_Coastersitecopy.jpg.f4cca8e32e21a774edbd5cc5135c551e.jpg

Also remember the hoaz photos of pink track? Well some track is now on site and it turns out that it is pink!

IMG_20170322_165445237.thumb.jpg.e1a2de593c8c0e9f5f058a2d566af192.jpg

Source

That's exciting. There wasn't much to see last time I was there - but I expect it will start to go vertical imminently.

Pink is an interesting colour choice but it probably fits quite well with the Gold Coast sun/beach/holiday vibe.

Pink is a pretty unique colour for a coaster of this scale. I wonder what colour the supports will be? Black supports would look pretty slick with the pink track, so I hope its something similar and not too garish.

Double post, but here's a video by docoaster (same as the Grona Lund invert pov) showing what this coaster could potentially be like based on the current state of construction.

Safe to say, if the final product is anything like that this will easily be the best coaster of 2017, and most likely the best coaster in the southern hemisphere too!

Reactions: Rob
Great layout - will be interesting to see how close it is to reality.... everything Aus has historically been on such a smaller scale, but there are some gems in those Gold Coast parks. They also don't have enough to support their attendances - so something like this would be very much welcome.

Must be rather concerning for Dreamworld though, 3 miles down the road. That park is really hurting since the accident.