• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

Rowe

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Matterhorn Blitz (with an Aperol Spritz!)
Seeing as Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and EPCOT have their own topics, it's somewhat baffling that the Magic Kingdom itself at WDW doesn't have one here! Aside from the Magic Kingdom expansion thread.

I'm going to kick this topic off with the interactive queue tests for Peter Pan's Flight, done just a few months after they completely redid the queueline to be indoors and to reflect the Darling family house, including portions of the soundtrack.

Here's more of the new queueline too.

There's also been more work done on the hub and the Partners statue is currently boxed up.

B74VjTqCcAEh56J.jpg

B74VjTkCAAAju8m.jpg

B74VjVdCUAAyDee.jpg

Source

Last edited:
Yep, I must admit, that's pretty steep. About £68. To be fair, as you said, they almost always have firework displays and are usually open 12 hours a day.

It is silly pricing but ultimately, does anybody actually pay that?

Many are on resort breaks so end up with 14 or 21-day passes.

It is silly pricing but ultimately, does anybody actually pay that?

Many are on resort breaks so end up with 14 or 21-day passes.

Well UK guests will get 14 or 21 day passes but the longest tickets sold in the USA is 10 days for the main parks (plus up to 10 waterpark etc days). But yep they do heavily push the multiday tickets, on the US tickets every day over 5 days is only an extra $10.

The ticket deals in the UK and US are different due to the difference in holiday habits. UK guests on average spend 14 days in Orlando. The average American guests will spend 5 days on a holiday in orlando.

When I visited Disneyland in California i saw lots of people paying the standard gate price which is about the same as a day ticket to one of the orlando parks.

If you plan on visiting the Disney parks, universal and the seaworld parks if will cost a uk adult around £450 each for tickets, an average 4 person family will spend close to 2k just on theme tickets if want to go to all parks! Expensive. All of those give you 14 days access. You can buy American version of the tickets buying the number of days you need ie a magic your way Disney ticket for day 6 days and a 3 day universal ticket etc but I always found it worked out about the same as just buying the 14 day uk tickets.

The $105 price is just for a 1 day magic kingdom ticket, if you want to park hop it will cost you more.

The other three Disney world parks are I think $97 per day.

Completely mad, no theme park is worth that price no matter how good it may be. But as Dan says, it must be a tiny minority that do pay that price.

:)

I don't think it really affects people who take a holiday there, but those just looking for a day trip there might find it a lot more expensive. But there must be some offers for those types of people?

Do Disney push voucher offers in the US?
No.

Although they do limited offers for locals, so 3 days for $139 or similar for Florida residents.

Most of the offers are on the hotel rooms, free dining or free nights or similar.

Let's be honest, how many people would buy the ticket direct from the park, much like not many people buy the full price Alton ticket, if you buy a multi day park hopper ticket it reduces the price of the ticket to £25 per day. Just over $40.

You'd actually be surprised how many people do shell out the full cost for a Magic Kingdom ticket especially. It's the 'signature park', hence the slightly inflated price of late.

After hearing some thoughts about the ride last September, it was suggested that the ride could do with a major refurb, this if I read rightly is the shortest long term refurb period. I personally couldn't really see what the problems where and thought it was amazing, but the ride has had a lot of downtime, with thing breaking daily.

Also they received new boats not long ago which were originally designed for the Disneyland Ride, and therefore are coursing quite a number of problems, including letting in allot of water. So a fix of this is probably one thing on the list.

I'd say it needs an extra scene rather than a refurb (obviously a pipe dream) as it's disappointingly short. Inside The Magic stated it was a major refurb though, and quite often for Disney that can mean things that guests do not see but are still required to keep it fresh