• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Weird formatting issue

Alsty

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Shambhala
I have a bizarre issue in Firefox. It randomly deletes all my formatting when I write a post. It doesn't do it all the time but it does it enough to be really irritating as it removes all my line breaks, links, formatting etc. Even as I'm writing this post it's deleting all my formatting and duplicating my media link. I've included a video to prove I'm not going mad Anybody else getting this issue? I tried in Chrome and it doesn't seem to do it.

Not a Firefox user myself, and to be honest not too sure how we could fix it in the short term either with it being intermittent either. Be interesting to see if anyone else is seeing it though!

It's strange as I never had the issue before, it's only started doing it in the last couple of weeks. Have there been any forum updates recently?

It's strange as I never had the issue before, it's only started doing it in the last couple of weeks. Have there been any forum updates recently?

Nope, aside from a few things to the Tapatalk add on however that was only in the last few days, so nothing that ties in with when you started to have the problem.

Now that's a great point. It has updated to the latest Android, although I wouldn't expect that to make a difference. However maybe there was a Firefox update that got applied as well... will dig into it a bit.

I never get any issue's with chrome on mobile or on Samsung browser so I might be worth using chrome just for TS and using Firefox for everything else for a bit.

There was a Firefox update on 18th Jan, that could be the one that broke it. I guess I'll just have to use Chrome or TapaTalk for a while and hopefully they'll fix it.

That's very weird.

I'm using Firefox on mobile and it's not doing that for me?

I can even use bold, italics and underline in my posts.

And all in one sentence!
Wish I was that clever.
Love topics like this, I read 'em, but barely understand a word!

OK, so this is the most bizarre thing ever.

I tried clearing Firefox cache and cookies. I disabled all add-ons such as ad blockers. I completely deleted all Firefox data. No difference. I attached a debugger to see if there were any JavaScript errors or network errors. Nope, all fine.

Then I tried using a different keyboard instead of the Samsung one... the issue disappeared. I'm now using SwiftKey instead and it works beautifully. If I switch it to the Samsung keyboard the issue comes back. How random is that?

I tried clearing Firefox cache and cookies. I disabled all add-ons such as ad blockers. I completely deleted all Firefox data. No difference. I attached a debugger to see if there were any JavaScript errors or network errors. Nope, all fine.

Then I tried using a different keyboard instead of the Samsung one... the issue disappeared. I'm now using SwiftKey instead and it works beautifully. If I switch it to the Samsung keyboard the issue comes back. How random is that?
I find the Samsung keyboard quite buggy and a pain to type with. I imagine it has something to do with the way the keyboards work on android although not completely sure.

No wonder I couldn't replicate it then :sweatsmile:. Glad you got ot the bottom of it though!

How come that on the mobile version you can upload images to the forum but not on the desktop site ? - or maybe I just can't find where to do that ?

How come that on the mobile version you can upload images to the forum but not on the desktop site ? - or maybe I just can't find where to do that ?
You can't just upload photos to the forum from anywhere i don't think. I think tapatalk can host the photos itself rather than a separate hosting site so perhaps that's it?

You can't just upload photos to the forum from anywhere i don't think. I think tapatalk can host the photos itself rather than a separate hosting site so perhaps that's it?

Ah yes, that must be it.

no worries, its easy enough to use https://imgur.com/ free to upload images there and link them from the forum