• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What have you got to look forward to in the near future?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. With all this coronavirus going around, the mood on the forums and in the world in general is pretty negative, so I thought I'd make a topic to lighten the mood a little. So my idea for this topic is; instead of worrying about what the outbreak could bring, let's have a think about some of the more positive things in our lives that we can really look forward to. So my question is; what have you got coming up in the near future that you're really looking forward to?

I'll start, as I definitely have some great things that I'm looking forward to:
  • Provided the park is open, I'm scheduled to go to Alton Towers on 28th & 29th March. I can't wait to get back on some of the park's rides for the first time since June last year, see what's new and just generally have a nice, fun weekend!
  • The new series of Friday Night Dinner starts on 27th March, and it looks fantastic from the promotional trailers!
  • While we're on the subject of TV, I always find Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway a fun watch, and I'm really looking forward to what the rest of the series will bring!
  • It's only a month until Easter; what's not to like about a nice family celebration with some chocolate involved?
So, what positive things have you guys got to look forward to in the near future?

I’m looking forward to replacing my first car. My little 1 litre polo has been a nice companion but I can’t wait to get something that doesn’t take forever to accelerate when changing lanes on the M1!

Hopefully visiting europa park and Rulantica during spring bank, if the world hasn’t gone nuts! I’m still hopeful though :)

And that's why we like you Matt N! You are always able to look on the bright side of life.
I agree

I love your positive posts. It fills a void in my online scrolling.
Aww, thank you both! I'm incredibly flattered; I always thought that my outlook made me less popular on here, so that's very reassuring!

And that right there, peeps, is yet another example of how small positive things can really make your day no matter how grim the situation around may seem!

On another note, it would seem that we as a forum do have some really positive things coming up; glad to see those positive VIBES flowing!

Well I have a trip the Liseberg booked next month.
Quite excited

Will probably get cancelled and loose all the money paid.

Have a trip to Finland in June
Even more excited

Will probably get cancelled and loose al the money

:rolleyes:

Have you not even got the smallest of things to look forward to? No matter how small it might be, I like to believe that there's always a positive there!
I’m looking forward to o_O

Errr

o_O

Nope I have nothing :confused:
You've taken back control and got Brexit done, the sunlit uplands are yours for the taking!

New house for us this year, promotion around the corner and three holidays in the diary subject to the pandemic!

Roller what?

• Catching up with uni friends in a week or so
  • New season of Brooklyn 99
  • Reopening of theme parks

I've got a few things planned which I'm really excited for:

• Got a trip to Alton Towers in April which I'm hyped for, fingers crossed it's open.
  • Going London Film And Comic Con in summer for my birthday and finally meeting my idol Alice Cooper, which I still can't believe.
  • In September I'm seeing Hollywood Vampires at The O2 as well!

I have a trip to energylandia late April but like most people are thinking... that could not happen. Poland have banned all mass events until further notice from what I can see. But I’m more confident that towers may remain open for the 26th, also got tickets for Kasabian and Derren brown in June. So potentially a good year if this bloody virus didn’t kick off!

First multi-day trip to ATR in years and years! Normally do day trips

MX5 should be getting put away shortly when I buy another car to be stripped down and rebuilt as a passion project

At this moment in time, this is the first month I may actually finish with more then a quid in the bank hopefully too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A road trip across Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium to pick up some missing credits and re-visit some great parks I've not been to in 4 years.

Poland for Halloween.

Becoming a homeowner. Timescales on this vary, but the wheels are very much in motion in terms of finding the right one.

I have a trip to energylandia late April but like most people are thinking... that could not happen. Poland have banned all mass events until further notice from what I can see. But I’m more confident that towers may remain open for the 26th, also got tickets for Kasabian and Derren brown in June. So potentially a good year if this bloody virus didn’t kick off!

Snap for Derren Brown.