• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What music and why

GaryH

TS Member
I was having a geek moment the other day and listening through my collection of AT music I have on my iPod. Theres one track which always puts a smile on my face and brings back so many happy memories.

Its the monorail station music you hear at the end of the day. Why? Because it reminds me of summer, of a great day in the park with loved ones and friends, happy memories to treasure and heading back to the hotels. And those old clunky black Sony tv screens above your head watching the footage of the rides you have just been on.

So I thought, lets ask, out of all the music, over the years and present, which one track really has a special place in you and why.

I have to agree with monorail music, for the exact same reasons. Nothing beats the end of a summers day on park and then heading back to the hotels whilst it's still sunny. Also, it's very catchy.

I really love the new Towers Street music. Don't kill me.

GaryH said:
Its the monorail station music you hear at the end of the day.

Would you be able to send me the link to download or just listen to this music, I don't think I've got it!

Tom.B said:
I really love the new Towers Street music. Don't kill me.

I love the new TS music too! The fact that it's all synthesised doesn't really bother me as whoever composed it has done a very good job of creating the "magical" sound - also it's pretty catchy. The old one was great too although it sounded exactly like John Williams' score for Hook.

Anything from 2013's fireworks show.

It was a few months after I joined the site, and the first meet I went on without my husband. I felt truly part of the TS family that weekend, and as soon as I hear any music from fireworks I get goosebumps and can't stop smiling. :D

Cheesy or what? :p

HAHA I've never heard the new monorail fully before and it's even stranger than I thought. The frankly ridiculous plodding synths and unashamedly funky rendition of 'Hall of the Mountain King' goes together with the brainwashing advertisement voice overs so well. So silly! It's brilliant.

To be honest, I never really liked the monorail theme before that, it reminds me of broken CRT screens and stock footage, like something you would here on RCT3! :p

The old monorail music isn't that old, it came in with Yourday... And geeks moaned about it as the previous version was a mix of music including ITHOTMK :)

How times change!

The current Towers Street music is a great tune but it's badly synthesised. For me I loved Katanga music but I am very much into The Smiler music at the moment.

I think one of my favourite pieces of Towers music is the old Katanga music that is still played on the loop in Pizza Pasta (at least it was). They really need to play it around RMT's station, it's perfect for that!

:)

Hex music for me, it's just incredible, it builds the atmosphere so well. The new Towers Street music is also pretty damn good! :)
My favorite of all theme park music I've ever heard has to be this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBigggu8GKk#ws
Ignore the footage, the music is Ferrari World's main theme. It's amazing! :D Imagine walking in from the heat outdoors, into a large, open, air conditioned space, hearing this music as red lights flash on different walls in time to the music! :D

Toyland tours music, it's so catchy, and was a great dark ride. Don't really pay much attention to the music played round the park. Have to admit dark forest theme music really fits in with the area.