• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What parks are you planning to visit this year?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. This season is possibly set to be another interesting one, what with COVID still very much about, so I’d be intrigued to know; what are your tentative trip plans for the remainder of this year, COVID permitting?

I’ve got a few park reservations booked with my Premium MAP, and we’re planning to do another odd day or two that we haven’t set in stone just yet. My current plans, COVID permitting, are:

Set in stone

• Alton Towers - 28th June 2021
  • Thorpe Park - 11th July 2021
  • Legoland Windsor - 29th July 2021
  • Paultons Park - 30th July 2021 (first ever visit; so excited to see Tornado Springs and everything else the park has to offer!)
Possible (I’d like to do these, but they’re not set in stone just yet)

• Chessington World of Adventures - Some point in September 2021 (Haven’t visited since 2014, so I thought it might be worth doing now that I have a Merlin pass for the first time in a couple of years! thought a mid-week day in September might be a good time to do Chessington, given how busy it apparently gets on the weekends and holidays.)
  • Alton Towers weekend and hotel stay for Fireworks - Early November 2021; depends on Fireworks dates. (We wanted to do Fireworks last year, so we’re definitely going to try and get in this year, and my mum and dad said we could even possibly stay on Resort, as a nice treat!)
I’ve got to say, not being in school from May half term onwards (it’s my final year of A Levels) has made this summer far more flexible for me than usual!

Towers booked with The Sun offer in July.

Maybe Blackpool in a few weeks but not that bothered tbh.

Hopefully will be driving over to Belgium if we are ever allowed to. Will also add on Holland if possible to get back on the wonderful Untamed.

Well I got a Drayton Manor Annual pass which was extended from last year to the end of September so be going there at least once or twice a month with the kids.

I hope to go to
Gulliver’s Kingdom next month

West Midlands Safari Park for there firework event.

Blackpool in September for the pleasure beach and the Illuminations with a overnight stay.

Booked
Paulton’s park booked for a overnight stay on the 31st August so be in the park on the 31st August and 1st September.

Alton Towers booked for Scarefest on 23rd October with Sun free tickets.

Butlins booked for October half term and there Christmas event so be going on there funfair.

At the moment, I've no plans for visiting any themepark. I'm just sitting back and waiting to see how the pandemic pans out along with lifting of the restrictions.

At the moment, the following are preventing me from visiting

1. Having to pre-book, I usually make the decision for going out less than 24hours in advance subject to the weather
2. Being a single rider, as single riders are currently not allowed on certain rides due to covid restrictions.
3. I would like Jess to have had her 2nd jab and maximum immunity built up first

But until we know for sure if the roadmap is not derailed due to the sharp rise in the variants and confirmation of the #1 & #2 above being no longer required, I am possibly hopeful that I will be visiting Alton Towers again this season either before or/and after the summer

Alongside trips to Blackpool and Alton Towers have planned a multi day trip in a month or so going to Warwick, Legoland, Paultons, Black Gang Chine, Wicksteed Park, and some small little parks in between.

Nothing else planned yet, will wait and see what happens.

Vaccine permitting, Poland for Legendia and Energylandia, hopefully. And Europa for New Year; a tradition greatly missed last year.

In the UK, the parks on the East Anglian coast as well as a revisit to Paultons for Tornado Springs. Abroad, hopefully Spain for something major and Poland for something a bit more minor.