• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's cooking?

Jem8472

TS Member
I have been thinking about this thread for a little while, I don't think it has been done before and I did a little bit of searching but could not find something like this.

What's cooking?
Most of us like to cook something at one time or another. I really enjoy cooking, I am good at it and I do like to try different things.

My recent one has been baking bread, I started doing it ages ago but with my shift work it can be hard to find enough time to do it properly.

But I made this loaf today. I just have to wait for Carla to get home so we can have it with tea.
I have also got a good recipe for making pizza dough and I manage to make a nice thin crust pizza that does not droop at all when you pick it up.

Before baking

So what have you been cooking?

Have you made anything tasty today?

Can I move in with you, I LOVE bread. Just feed me bread and chicken and I'm a happy girl.

What a good topic! Was gong to post yesterday but felt a little rude not having anything to post!

Made a jambalaya last week, from the Hairy Bikers diet book....very nice!

tumblr_mneio5d52G1r93u09o1_1280.jpg

Nachos with layers of bean salsa sauce, tomato salsa sauce and covered with melted cheese.

I've had something like this in Wetherspoons so wanted to try a home made version. Quite amazingly, it tastes delicious, beats Wetherspoons version any day! Planning on doing this again in future but with jalapeños and some other goodies added on top for more flavour! :D

Re: Re: What's cooking?

James said:

Nachos with layers of bean salsa sauce, tomato salsa sauce and covered with melted cheese.

I've had something like this is Wetherspoons so wanted to try a home made version. Quite amazingly, it takes delicious, beats Wetherspoons version any day! Planning on doing this again in future but with jalapeños and some other goodies added on top for more flavour! :D

I'll be right over!

Yes, yes, I use Tapatalk, aren't I all fancy and that...

James said:

I've had something like this in Wetherspoons so wanted to try a home made version. Quite amazingly, it tastes delicious, beats Wetherspoons version any day! Planning on doing this again in future but with jalapeños and some other goodies added on top for more flavour! :D

Yum! This has made me so hungry. When are you cooking for me? ;)

Here a couple of things from today

First we have Lemon chicken with egg fried rice. I used a jar of sauce for the lemon chicken but I did the egg fried rice from scratch :)

These two are for a BBQ on sunday

Pineapple and lemon with garlic and ginger to marinate the chicken.

A Chinese spice marinade.

Both of these will be on skewers and BBQed and if I remember I will post a pic of the finished skewers. :)

Just had to do a fair bit of pruning in here, please try and keep on topic. Cheers.

I love cooking, just wish I had more time and was abit more adventurous. I randomly bought a duck crown today as it was on offer, i shall find something interesting to do with it and share if its any good.

Fresh tuna steaks with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and chilli flakes. Side salad consists of rocket, cucumber, basil and onion:

945247_534564269941054_1806394165_n.jpg

Looks good James! Not really my thing being fish but still looks good.

An update on the chicken skewers. The Chinese ones were lovely, really nice delicate taste to them. Nothing too overpowering.

The pineapple ones were crap. Just rubbish from every possible way. Not a great texture to the sauce and the flavour was rubbish. Don't bother with them!

This is what I had for my dinner:

9c82b02f4c0c934dbc290626cfa89cf3.jpg

Linguine with a homemade tomato and garlic sauce. Incredibly cheap and simple, but it's one of my favourite recipes. Simply start by frying some garlic in olive oil until its golden. Then add some tomato passata, and herbs (best to go for fresh basil, but failing that add some Italian seasoning you can get from any supermarket)' then simmer for ten minutes. Meanwhile, boil your pasta of choice (I recommend linguine, spaghetti or fusili) until its done. Finally, combine the sauce and pasta, sprinkle on some grated cheese (Cheshire goes really well with it) and serve :)

A very cheap and tasty dish :)

That looks like some good cake making skills! Cakes are hard to ice!

I like the look of the linguine, I do something like that with sausages fried then added to some pasta sauce (Tomato and mascarpone is a fav) with some cooked pasta, so cheap, easy and simple but tastes sooooooo good!

Fish pie, Chorizo and pea paella, Berry Pavlova and Apple and Raisin tart for the past weeks in practice for my caering assessment today... nothing truly spectacular!

Today I had a lovely ribeye steak (they are currently on special offer in Morrisons - mine was 250g for around £3.50), cooked it medium by accident but it was absolutely delicious. I've found out the trick is to cover the steak in tinfoil and let it rest for a few minutes after cooking, leaves it juicy and full of flavour.

There's no way I could ever be a vegetarian, I love meat too much!

AshleeKel said:
There's no way I could ever be a vegetarian, I love meat too much!
Me too. Although you're talking to the guy who, upon declaring his love for meat at PortAventura's buffet (€24 for disappointing food and rude staff, not including drinks) back in April, then proceeded to get a lot of ice-cream from the buffet instead... :p

Pork chops seasoned my dads way. Which involves some olive oil, BBQ sauce, season all, steak seasoning, pork seasoning and some lime juice. All seasonings are swarch, with a jacket potato and corn on the cob. Followed by cake.

Probably my laziest update yet (as in, I didn't make the sauce nor seasoning), but for dinner today I had a chicken burrito with loads of chilli sauce and Cheshire cheese. I used the Discovery hot fajita spice mix, which is probably the best store bought Mexican mix I've tried, then I just added Wahaca chilli sauce and wrapped it all up.

I have one for lunch tomorrow too :)