• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Where is the best place to get reasonably priced healthy food?

bex

TS Member
Hey Guys,

So I am planning a day out to Alton Towers on Saturday and I was wondering where is the best place to get reasonably priced healthy food for less then a fiver?

Thanks
Bex

bex said:
Hey Guys,

So I am planning a day out to Alton Towers on Saturday and I was wondering where is the best place to get reasonably priced healthy food for less then a fiver?

Thanks
Bex

Less than a fiver? You'll be lucky. Depends what sort of food you want, like a 'meal', side? For cheap food I would painfully say Burger Kitchen. It's fairly cheap, but the quality is awful.

If you like spicy chicken, then the Fried Chicken Co. is the place to go. Relatively cheap. With MAP discount, it's £5 for a regular chicken burger and chips as 2 side orders due to the fact I take my own drinks.

If you want a really nice meal, and are prepared to pay between £5 - £10, then Woodcutter's Bar & Grill is the place to go. £8 I think it is for a cheese and bacon burger with chips.

There are other places to go, and I'd recommend going to an outlet/restaurant which is close to where you are at the time. E.g. don't bother going to Fried Chicken Co. if you're in FV as it's all the way over on the other side of the park, and there's a perfectly good fish and chip shop in FV.

Hope this helps!

If you want food that is cheap and healthy then your best bet it to take your own. You can get sandwiches from Corner Coffee, Wobble World Cafe and Refresh@Ripsaw but from memory these are somewhat overpriced.

:)

You can see details for most of the eateries here http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/food-and-drink/where-to-eat/ there used to be menus up but they have gone.

There are a few healthy choices on the menu at Woodcutters and some of the cafes as Rob says have sandwiches available, Mexican probably is fairly healthy and obviously at Pizza Pasta there is a salad bar to balance out the pizza. But if you want cheap and healthy then I suggest bringing your own food.

Rob said:
Corner Coffee, Wobble World Cafe and Refresh@Ripsaw

They also do Fruit Pots, for about £2, but the bigger issue is whether these food outlets will be open or not.

Ian

IanB said:
Rob said:
Corner Coffee, Wobble World Cafe and Refresh@Ripsaw

They also do Fruit Pots, for about £2, but the bigger issue is whether these food outlets will be open or not.

Ian

Corner Coffee is always open but the fact that Refresh is closed when its quiet but Fish and Chips is open just shows what demand there is for healthy food.....

Due to the nature of the place, most freely available food is quick and therefore fairly unhealthy snack kind of stuff.

The best food on park is available in sit down restaurants but you're probably after a sandwich type thing - of which your best bet is Corner Coffee. Of course, like anywhere in Britain, the sandwiches will almost certainly be overpriced

Tom.B said:
If you like spicy chicken, then the Fried Chicken Co. is the place to go. Relatively cheap. With MAP discount, it's £5 for a regular chicken burger and chips as 2 side orders due to the fact I take my own drinks.

You can swap the drink for extra chips?!

JordanC said:
Tom.B said:

You can swap the drink for extra chips?!

I don't know... can you?

I would say the best place for healthy food by far is the new cafe in CBeebies Land which is an Original Sandwich Co. It is brilliant!

Pretty much any theme park I have been to in Europe sells junk food or rather unhealthy food. Of course you van sometimes get a salad or something but its usually chips, pizza, burger, steaks, hot dogs, etc.

As other people have suggested, taking your own packed lunch along would be a better option than hoping for healthy food at that price in the park. You could put together a killer lunch for a fiver, and probably have change left over.

Where the hell is the healthy food an Europa Park? It's all mostly lovely but it's very unhealthy :)

I think the point is you can have proper meals at EP, and some of those are healthy. It's certainly far healthier than your bog standard theme park crap. The huge variety means that there is something for everyone and that does include healthy options.

I think the point is you can have proper meals at EP, and some of those are healthy. It's certainly far healthier than your bog standard theme park crap. The huge variety means that there is something for everyone and that does include healthy options.

I genuinely cannot think of a food option (excluding the hotels) that is healthy, not that I expect there to be as theme parks are a treat. Obviously EP's food quality (with a few minor exceptions) is amazing but not that healthy.

Theme parks have never been known for health, I reckon Merlin probably offer as much "healthy fare" as EP, just won't taste as good.

The food I've had in FoodLoop has been reasonably healthy. Piece of meat with some vegetables and a sauce, followed by lovely strawberries for desert. There were also a lot of salad options in the large food outlet that is shared between Italy and France. They're just two off the top of my head that I enjoyed in April!

The food I've had in FoodLoop has been reasonably healthy. Piece of meat with some vegetables and a sauce, followed by lovely strawberries for desert. There were also a lot of salad options in the large food outlet that is shared between Italy and France. They're just two off the top of my head that I enjoyed in April!

EP salads are dressed which makes them lovely but fatty, food loop sauces won't be low cal either. My point isn't an attack on EP who's food is lovely and I understand no one here can make a comparison without involving the park which is fine... My point is I don't really expect theme park food to be that healthy.