• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which way

bluesonichd

TS Member
Hi everyone ;D

anyway just wondering, does anyone else have a system or a preferred way to go when visiting AT.?

We usually have 4 or 5 trips a year and ever time the rule is, first ride - mine train choo-choo, then off for nemesis, air ripsaw then run through the gardens to dark forest then onto x-sector. This has been law for our group for the last 4 years or so. >:D

TedTheHuman said:
smudge said:

I think this theard about them asking how other people get around because they're interested, Not because he wants to know how to get around.

Fair enough, sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. Just thought the thread I suggested does tell how other people do it :/ (exactly what was asked?) :)

I wasn't back-seat-modding suggesting that this thread was not raised appropriately. I was only trying to help, so I'm not sure why there was a need to respond directly to my suggestion, even if it turns out to be useless to the interested party :-[

Also, I'm sure your comment contradicts itself?
TedTheHuman said:
I think this theard about them asking how other people get around because they're interested, Not because he wants to know how to get around.

smudge said:
Also, I'm sure your comment contradicts itself?
TedTheHuman said:

Read that again. "Because they're interested"

LiamC said:
You "run" the cross valley to Dark Forest?! Good effort sir :eek:

well run might be a bit strong, looking at me red faced and wheezing as I crawl on hands and knees past the towers ::)

Didnt meen to cause a kerfuffle :/

Yes I know how to get arround, been visiting AT since 1985 :eek:
was just wondering if anyone else was as OCD with the ride order they go on, like me

My OCD order is Oblivion first. Then spinball, air, nemesis, and finally to the intamin forest. No other way to start the day than a ride on oblivion. The buzz propels us around the park rather fast!

Until this season I was quite obsessive about the way I went around the park. For me, it was always: straight to the Dark Forest to do Rita and TH13TEEN first, then depending on queue times...to X Sector for Oblivion if I could be bothered. I'd occasionally do Spinball on the way past if there was a short queue, but not often because I'm not keen. Then I'd do RMT and the Rapids if the weather was nice, before spending the rest of the day in Forbidden Valley going back and forth between Nemesis and Air, but mostly Nemesis ;D

However, this season has changed things somewhat. Partly because of The Smiler, which has made X Sector a must-do area of the park. Partly because I've been a lot this season and been with a few different groups of people, who inevitably have different agendas (as much as I want to make them conform to mine haha). And partly because my ride preferences have changed. Ever since I first tried Oblivion with my harness loose I've had a new-found love for it, and I've gradually developed a bit of an aversion to Rita. I'm also not particularly bothered about Air anymore, and when I go on TST meets I'm happy to go along with the group because I have such a laugh with them, and that's more important to me than getting on rides (except Nemesis and The Smiler!)

Looking back at my post, I'm not sure that's an answer at all! :twirly:

I once read an article about this stuff, apparently people move in a clockwise motion from entry as a rule.

Unless:
a) theres a new headline ride
b) theres a large ride in eye sight

So prior to this season it was sensible to start in X-Sector, then Dark Forest, then head over to Forbidden Valley and finally back to the closer areas.

But now theres the Smiler dragging a large amount of guests there. Id say if you arrive very early now head to X-Sector first and continue the above method.

--

Now the total geek in me, goes against this all together. To get maximum ride time, I would go Dark Forrest as Rita has the lowest throughput of the bigger coasters (ignores sonic) and 13 can sometimes be slow.

Then in theory X-Sector would be sensible as Oblivion eats the queues due to its short ride time, but is levelled out by the Smilers large popularity and lower through-put.

Finally Forbidden Valley has 2 B&Ms that can munch through queues very quickly, so is normally a good time any time as it doesnt tend to struggle.

--

But then again, all you need is a hot day and the Flume, Ripsaw and River Rapids will attract huge queues - and battle galleons might get a 10min queue.

--

And if you get a rainy day, suddenly Hex, Ice Age and Duel will be popular - and Charlie may build up a queue with people wanting shelter.

--

So erm. Sorry I dont think Ive been any help.

Every visit I remember has gone:

Straight to Nemesis.
Then do some other less important stuff.
End of day back on Nemesis for last ride.

I really tend to wander and do as I feel for the bit in the middle, but then I never ever ever go when it is busy.

Go on whatever has the shortest queue first to get them out of the way. Then go on the rides with longer queues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

all good comments.

Visited the park yesterday with a different group of friends.
So decided to let them decide on ride order - even if their choice was wrong ;)
anyway first to Sonic then smiler and carry on anti clockwise round.
Felt like I was going backwards all day, didnt feel right at all ::)

Next visit is tuesday, and back to normal, my OCD cant cope

My system this season:
- start with oblivion, check the smiler queue, if it's short give it a go, possibly do the x-sector flats too.
- on to dark forest, followed by hex then skyride to forbidden valley.
- nemesis, air, ripsaw, blade, subterra ; then down the path towards duel stopping off at everything until mutiny bay.
- next is spinball; after this I'm normally left with 2/3 hours for re-rides, the smiler or a chance to fill in any gaps (the flume, marauders ect.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It varies with me depending on when i'm going (eg busy or quite day) and if im doing ERT or not, and each season is also slightly different.

This season it is best to head to dark forest first, do all the rides in that area (Hex, Charlie, etc), Skyride to Valley, then to gloomy wood and Katanga. And then Smiler in the afternoon or end of the day if I have no reason to hurry home. However if I get to the park early ill head to Smiler first.

Last season was a completely different story, because Valley was always busy in the morning due to Sub-Terra and quiet in the afternoon.