• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Why Should a Teacher Organise a School Trip to AT?

Shan

TS Member
I have a controlled assesment tomorrow in English which is based on Attractions in the UK. I will be basing my leaflet on Alton Towers. The leaflet is meant to persuade a teacher to organise a school trip to AT.
  • What would AT [and roller coasters] teach the students?
  • How is AT a good deal/good value for money?
  • What words can I use to describe AT and the rides and attractions there?
  • What does AT offer that other theme parks don't?
  • Why should a teacher organise a school trip to AT?

Shan said:
I have a controlled assesment tomorrow in English which is based on Attractions in the UK. I will be basing my leaflet on Alton Towers. The leaflet is meant to persuade a teacher to organise a school trip to AT.
  • What would AT [and roller coasters] teach the students?
  • How is AT a good deal/good value for money?
  • What words can I use to describe AT and the rides and attractions there?
  • What does AT offer that other theme parks don't?
  • Why should a teacher organise a school trip to AT?

Clearly, any visit to Alton Towers by a school is either going to be:

a) for educational purpose primarily or;
b) for reward purpose (i.e. end of Y6, end of Y11)

If school parties are visiting for the purposes of education, clearly there would need to be a target study area in mind (i.e. maths, engineering, science or, for younger children, perhaps Road Safety or the like).

Alton Towers, especially for primary schools, is very good value and competitive. However, it needs to be as such, as coach prices are often ridiculous for schools - a case in point, £6.75 per child to Alton Towers with a primary school off peak visit but the coach was £11 per child...

You can use any words you wish to describe the attractions. Have you been on them?

Alton Towers offers are wide variety of rides in a very safe environment. Many parks in the UK simply cannot compete on this scale.

For value, reliability and ease of access, AT is one of the best school days out in the Midlands/North of England.

Maybe something to do with ICT and engineering? Maybe even architectural stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Not sure if it helps at all but I visited CWOA once with school on an educational visit and it was all about how the company worked in the Leisure and Tourism industry. The benefit of the trip was that after our educational presentation, we got to go on the rides :)

I went on a school trip for business studies in year 10, all we had to do is go for a talk then had the rest of the day in the park! ;D

I organised an end of year trip to AT simply because I work in an area where children generally are not given the opportunity to leave the end of their road, let alone an attraction such as AT. Life experience and pure enjoyment can sometimes be more valuable than any 'educational purpose'.