• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Worlds of Fun: General Discussion

Bert2theSpark

TS Member
As we currently don't have a Worlds of Fun thread I might as well create one.

Anyway Timber Wolf is getting a new finale with a 70° banking turn in 2018.

Looks like it'll be GCI to me and I think Timber Wolf will be receiving the GhostRider treatment.

I'd presume it'll get the new Millennium Flyers, but the rendering shows it as keeping the PTCs. Does anyone know which trains we will have? Anyway, I reckon that this will be good for Timber Wolf. It did wonders for GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm.

I suspect it'll keep the PTCs - it would take one click to change it in NL2 and surely they would be making a bigger deal out of it. This piece of work is nothing like the scale of the work done at Knotts. How did you find GhostRider @Matt N ?

I suspect it'll keep the PTCs - it would take one click to change it in NL2 and surely they would be making a bigger deal out of it. This piece of work is nothing like the scale of the work done at Knotts. How did you find GhostRider @Matt N ?
To tell you the truth @Rick, I've never actually ridden it. I was basing that off other people's reviews. Sorry for that.

Worlds of Fun have today announced the addition of Zambezi Zinger, a GCI partial Titan Track coaster with a spiral lift.

The ride will contain a mix of Titan Track and regular wooden coaster track, and will use the new Infinity Flyer trains.

The stats are as follows:
  • Height: 74ft/23m
  • Speed: 45mph/72kph
  • Length: 2,482ft/757m
  • Inversions: 0
  • Trains: 2 Infinity Flyer trains with 8 rows/16 riders
Here’s the announcement video:

In my opinion, it looks intriguing!

I wasn’t expecting the spiral lift… that does seem a tad out there for GCI!

The rest of it basically looks like a regular GCI wooden coaster. Which is fine; it should fit nicely within the park and be a nice fun ride for the family thrill demographic! Yes, they already have Prowler, but that’s a much larger GCI; this will be far more suited to families and younger thrillseekers, which should fill a void in the park’s lineup.

That's a really odd ride, but I kind of like that GCI are trying new things. Sounds like a good addition for the park anyway.

The spiral lift will be a nod to the Schwarzkopf it is replacing. A nice touch. The name is also the same as the coaster it is replacing.

Based on the virtual POV, it looks like a great family coaster that will pack a punch. Certainly looks better than InvadR at BGW, although that's not hard.

Struggle to sell what ? A fun novel, family thrill coaster ?
No not at all, GCI will continue to sell lots of fun family coasters. I reckon they might struggle to sell there standard layout coasters with spiral lifts, I just don't really see the point for most parks.