• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

adsyrah

TS Member
In other news and loosely based on SW7 - there are a couple of photos on the "other" forum that look like they show a newly painted black enterprise.

So, make me wonder if SW7 is giving Enterprise a paint job if the long-awaited Oblivion repaint will accompany the new ride!

Re: Re: X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

It's not newly painted. It is a NEW MACHINE! never gets old

Basically I think TT are hinting that Enterprise is being replaced next year by a new model. The picture is here but you have to be a member.

Tim said:
It's not newly painted. It is a NEW MACHINE! never gets old

Basically I think TT are hinting that Enterprise is being replaced next year by a new model. The picture is here but you have to be a member.

Dont post the link Tim.. You will get it removed ;)

KingNemesis said:

Your post was removed as it did not add nothing to the discussion. It was simply a post advertising another site.

As Tim has contributed to the discussion a link to TT is perfectly fine. :)

James said:
KingNemesis said:

Your post was removed as it did not add nothing to the discussion. It was simply a post advertising another site.

As Tim has added something to the discussion a link to TT is perfectly fine. :)

It was related.. It was about the exact same thing Tim posted about. The images posted by TT, About the image (before the others was posted and had context so couldn't post details about it)

Just re-read the deleted post and I'm afraid it was simply a 'TT has posted something [link here]' where'as Tim highlights what the image in question could be and what TT may be implying. I'd recommend unless there's some form of context or contribution to add to the discussion then you refrain from posting a link to another site (until you know you can add more to your post of course), as it could come across as advertising, even if you do not intend the post to be perceived in that way.

If you would like to discuss this further then please feel free to PM me. :)

If what TT has posted is a potential refurb of Ents then I think this strengthens the fact hat X Sector's theme will not change.. After all, the cabs on Enterprise were only re-painted this year! I can only hope that this continues to painting Oblivion's track and repairing her station...

On the subject of it though. Enterprise and Submission were rumoured to be getting some TLC this closed season so a re-paint may be a possibility. I'm certain the theme of X-Sector will stay the same as it is. As changing the theme is only a hassle not worth going through. Plus they could concentrate on giving the whole area a bit of TLC. If Ents or Subs are getting some repaints though it will sure make them look nice and fresh for 2013.

Just to correct myself it won't be a new model (Huss don't make them any more) just several new parts.

So to summarise, TTF have released two three pictures taken before the park closed. One looks suspiciously like the centre of Enterprise but it is brand new, the other looks like the ride’s arms. I'm not sure if the arms are new or not as they look quite dusty.

A reminder that the images can be found here.
I wouldn't bother with the discussion part of the forum at the moment as it has exploded with lots of wildly speculating posts.

My Conclusion:
The current Enterprise is having a major overhaul as was rumoured last year. Several parts are definitely new but as Huss don't actually make any new Enterprise's it's ether going to be the same ride with new components or an old one from elsewhere that's had a full refurbish.

Or it could be something completely different ;)

Can't see the point in doing major work to Enterprise. Nobody really goes on it anymore, why not just take it out and put in something better...?

Ride Rater on Facebook said:
Here's a couple of unconfirmed rumours for you:

*Alton Towers will close at least one major ride next year following the addition of the SW7 rollercoaster.

Sam said:

*Alton Towers will close at least one major ride next year following the addition of the SW7 rollercoaster.
There are rumours, then there are 'unconfirmed rumours' - I'd take that with a truck load of salt.

Sam said:
Can't see the point in doing major work to Enterprise. Nobody really goes on it anymore, why not just take it out and put in something better...?

AKA: Here's something we just made up on the spot.

I'm not a member anymore, so can't see the pics, but if they are giving Enterprise some love then, even if it's kinda naff, it should look good next to the sparkly new ride and help persuade Merlin to release so much money for repainting Oblivion :p

Whatever happened to the original Zodiac from Thorpe? Is it possible that they've refurbed and repainted some of its parts?

There are new parts for Ents, they have been in storage for quite a lot of the season.

I hope the gondolas get some TLC because they looked really out of place this year. But most importantly the ground around the ride needs work, it's all worn and rubble, It needs a new cement platform.

You'll be surprised how much work they're gonna do on X Sector, especially Submission and Enterprise!

On the subject of improving x-sector rides, I heard off some staff who work in that area of the park that there is a lot of money being spent on improving x-sector over closed season, and that Submission may be getting it's second arm working again :) naturally I took this with a pinch of salt when I first heard it, but after seeing this info about Enterprise, it might actually be true :D

Yeah, I imagine some of the £18m for SW7 will go into it as well, especially considering the actual ride hardware won't be that costly. I desperately hope we return to X-Sector in 2013 to find Oblivion jet black again though!

Enterprise & Submission were supposed to close all season. Could this have anything to do with 'tests' etc, and stuff for new ride systems? They told us it would close due to sw7, but unit could be down to their new makeover.

I'm not venturing onto TTF because the "members only" thing is pathetic. But can we be sure that these images are genuine? Who obtained them? Are they definitely Enterprise and not another version?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.