• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Worst Coasters

Re: Your Top 10 Worst Coasters

It's hard to classify, but some of the worst coasters I have been on include:

- Limit at Heide-Park (rough as hell)
- Furius Baco at PortAventura (shakes horribly)
- Anaconda at Walygator Parc (boring)
- Temple of the Night Hawk at Phantasialand (boring)

The likes of The Ultimate and Goudurix are also insanely rough, but I don't find them as horrid as some.

I'll mention my worst 2, because all the others pale in comparison to their awfulness...

- Sequioa Adventure - Gardaland
- Mean Streak - Cedar Point

Not even the worse SLCs or Vekoma Loopers (which are commonly crap) come close...

I don't really have a top 10 when it comes to worst coasters, but two stand out in their own ways for me.

Infusion - Second hand hang 'n bang. It doesn't deserve a paragraph stating why I dislike it.

DW's Space Mountain - The only coaster I have ever been on where my facial expression has been "meh" for the entire circuit.

I can't think of ten, but I can give a few.

Magnus Colossus, Terra Mítica, Benidorm, Spain
This coaster is so rough, it actually made my back hurt when I rode it, no matter how much I tried to not allow this.

Roller Coaster, Wicksteed Park, Kettering, Northamptonshire
Yay - a Pinfari. It's a pretty forgettable coaster, and the OTSRs are completely unnecessary, as the ride has a small footprint and doesn't go very fast or even upside down!

Shockwave, Drayton Manor
The only stand-up coaster I've been on, and to be honest, I fail to see the appeal of them. It just didn't feel at all special or different to me.

G-Force, Drayton Manor
A poor layout, bizarre restraints, an unusual lift that honestly adds nothing to the rest of the ride, and the throughputs are shocking due to single train operation.

X:NWO, Thorpe Park
I can understand the appeal of a roller coaster in the dark. But one that's also backwards as well? I didn't enjoy it very much when I went on it, and I just don't understand the appeal of it.

Discounting kiddie coasters, there actually aren't that many that I've ridden which I can plainly say I hated, but the ones which stick out to me are:

G-Force, Drayton Manor - Not only is the layout really crap and dull but the restraints made it even worse by getting tighter as the ride went on. Hanging upside down is blearrgh. I actually can't think of a single, redeeming feature of this ride.

Big Dipper, Blackpool - I don't recall ordering some spinal displacement therapy.

Wild Mouse Coasters - yawwwn.... ouch!

Indiana Jones et le Temple de PooPoo, DLP - I've had the misfortune of riding this both backwards and forwards, each direction proving to be unpleasant. I have no idea why Intamin went with the Pinfari layout, it was always going to end badly.

There are others I could say but there's still something redeeming about them. Th13teen on the whole is a load of crap, but I still really like the drop, X:\NWO IS crap but I think it's a bit of a laugh and I can see that Ghostrider (at Knott's) is a fantastic and relentless wooden coaster shying away behind two and a half minutes of jackhammering and organ shuffling. All it needs is a bit of care and love from the park.

I don't think I've been on any truly bad coasters but, my least favorite two are as followed.

Nemesis Inferno: This is the only Roller Coaster that I've came off disappointed, the ride just doesn't seem to produce any decent trills for me. Yes the loop is quite good but thats the only exciting part for me. The rest is just plain average.

X/no way out: Now I didn't come off this disappointed because i knew that it would be bad. One thing I will say that is positive about the ride is that the batching is excellent and really quick. That's the only positive. The idea off having a whole ride backwards is not a good one. One thing that really annoys me about it is that the ride is that the train travels forward on the brake runs, and for me it felt unsafe and untidy. There's not anything I can say about the ride that hasn't been said before, but to sum it up, X/ no way out is awful.

Well, I haven't traveled a lot, so my list is short...

Infusion- It's rough as hell, and hurts my head. Pretty much the exact opposite of what a good coaster should be!

Rita- Poor layout, uncomfortable restraints. Just a 'meh' ride. I hate it!

Wild Mouse- It hurts! I'm usually good with pain, but this was unbearable. I honestly felt like I had minor brain damage when I got off it...

I can't think of a top ten but here are some of my least favourite...

Viper, Six Flags Magic Mountain

Boring, rough, painful... just so tedious I can't think of anything more inventive than this to insult it with really.

Temple Of The Night Hawk, Phantasialand

A ride so boring that it's the only ride where I've ever felt genuinely bored on my first ever ride on it. Usually, the freshness of something new is enough to keep me interested, at least the first time, but this is so mind-numbingly tedious that not even that saved it!

Air, Alton Towers

A complete waste of steel, a failure of a concept, a shambles of a theme, and an embarrassment to Britain's best theme park.

Roller Coaster, New York New York, Las Vegas

Without a doubt, the worst ride I've ever been on. This TOGO monstrosity is just sheer ear-bashing pain from start to end. It doesn't help that it's really quite intense, taking internal bruising to a whole new level. A real endurance test of a ride, in a bad way. Deserves to be ripped out entirely.

Air is the perfect example of a ride where the general enthusiast perception is entirely at odds with the general public, however!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Air is a great idea, but lack of investment means the theming is substandard and even effects that are there are either not working or spoilt by unthemed stuff and staff blasting seat numbers down the PA.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

ha..

1. Furius Baco - An abomination of an attraction. Truely detestful. Thank god we have The Swarm.

2. Sequoi Adventure - S&S deserve to be reprimended for deciding to inflict that much pain upon riders. Think Slammer but less fun.

3. The Big One - I have a high pain tolerance but that first drop is ridiculous. The beautiful sight of The Irish sea is ruined by having your bodies pulled like on a rack in two different directions.

4. Shamu Express - I'm not bothered that this is a kiddy coaster, it's actually an insult because the ride is so rough and painful and not fun in the slightest. It would put kids off riding anything else.

I couldn't think of any other rollercoasters that I truely detest.

I don't understand the hate for Air, I much prefer it to the "rip your legs off" Tatsu...

Coasters I don't really hate, but for one reason or another just don't cut it for me:

Thirteen (Dull)
Nemesis Inferno (Uninspired Layout)
Kumali (Dull + Short)
G Force (Bit Painful + Dull)
Rita (Dull, Bit Rough)
Blue Tornado (Rough)
El Condor (Rough)

The three coasters I genuinely hate:

X No Way Out
Steeplechase
Master Thai

Well I can only think of 3 I would say are my "Worst Coasters" but I wouldn't say I hate any of them really. They're just the coasters I'd personally rank lowest.

Vampire - Probably the most uncomfortable coaster I have ridden (And I did Goudurix and Zeus last week!) which left me with bruises on my back thanks to crappy OTSR and seating design on Vekoma's part.

Big Thunder Mountain - DLP - Controversial I know, but I think this was one of the most mediocre coasters I have ever rode. It did absolutely nothing for me, and was verging on dull.

Nemesis Inferno - Snore... :p

I can't think of 10, but here's some of my all time hates..

Whirlwind (Camelot Theme Park)
Totally awful,looks like it's going to collapse. Rough.Doesn't spin. Unforceful. And just not at all fun!

Dragon Coaster (Camelot Theme Park)
Terrible,slow,boring, rough. And what's wrong with powering the track and not the actual train?

Rita (Alton Towers)
I just really hate it. It's too rough, un-inspiring layout, terrible location. Overall awful coaster.

Whirlwind doesn't spin!? It spins like crazy due to only two per car!

AstroDan said:
Whirlwind doesn't spin!? It spins like crazy due to only two per car!

Last time I went on it, it practically stayed in the same position throughout the whole ride!

I don't 'hate' coasters, but these are my least favourites..

The Ultimate- Lightwater Valley
I don't understand how highly people rate it. I have no intention of riding it again, as I don't find the idea of walking off battered and bruised very thrilling. Much too rough.

Kumali- Flamingoland
It looks rather impressive with its elements, but come riding it, it's disappointing. Rough, short and awfully dull.

Inferno- Terra Mitica
Awful ride IMO. The headache upon exiting was enough to dislike.

Not sure if you noticed, but I don't like rough coasters.

Georgiaa said:
The Ultimate- Lightwater Valley
I don't find the idea of walking off battered and bruised very thrilling. Much too rough.

Funnily enough, that's exactly why I love The Ultimate. ;)