• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your world's first

josht

TS Member
Favourite Ride
bandit (movie park)
From the increable worlds first ideas that Alton towers have had it has got me thinking how easy it would be to turn an idea into an acutel build and how long it must take to plan.

I don't know If I'm the only person how thinks about this stuff but let's give it ago

Worlds first Free Fall flying coaster.

Would be good considering your facing the floor when it happens, and in darkness you wont be able to see how far you fall until its too late!

AirFAN said:
Not entirely amazing but definitely realistic - an inverted wingrider?

I'm afraid I've got no idea how that'll work, do you mean the seats are upside down, or below the track some more?

Would I be allowed to mention "THE FLYING KINKONKINATOR" here?

I'd like to see a hyper stand up free fall coaster. But it'd never be at Alton.

Launched Flying coaster. Now this would be a lot closer to every rollercoaster I've ever dreamed of all rolled up into one ;D

Some sort of inverted coaster that free-falled (Free-fell? Not good at grammar!)would be good. Even better if it was in dark or had a floor as a projection maybe so it looked like you were falling through the floor. :)

I was once thinking about a flying wingrider, but not like a B&M becasue that would be difficult and look weird, more like a Vekoma flying coaster where you start off the right way up and have to do a roll to enter the flying postition :)

I always used to try to think of new ideas for coasters. I came up with the Screamin' Squirrel about a decade before S&S did, but Togo beat me to the pipeline coaster by a fair few years.

I have many ideas, but they are for my mind only until I think they're ready. ;)

It would be very difficult to develop a new world's first! It's not a case of thinking of one and building it.

You have to go through months, even years, of planning the section, ironing out any flaws that could halt the ride. Then, you've got to decide on the best material for the job, how much power will be used, and how much space it will take up.

It's a hard job!

Re: Re: Your world's first

AirFAN said:
The track is below instead of above you. It would definitely give a different ride experience.

No it wouldn't,

you would be in the same position reletive to the track as its heart lined... You would just have a station and lift hill that takes up more space.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I would like to think my 'World's First' being incredibly advanced, well crafted and beloved by anybody who would experience such a new concept... This being...

cup2.jpg

Cup holders!

It would cut the drinking faff down to zero, they can be foldable if you don't want to use them on the ride and heck they would even be covered on inverts and the bumpier rollercoasters! Imagine if you got to ride Th13teen with the knowledge your cup of cola or bottle of water won't be stolen from the baggage drop!

Rowe said:
I would like to think my 'World's First' being incredibly advanced, well crafted and beloved by anybody who would experience such a new concept... This being...

cup2.jpg

Cup holders!

It would cut the drinking faff down to zero, they can be foldable if you don't want to use them on the ride and heck they would even be covered on inverts and the bumpier rollercoasters! Imagine if you got to ride Th13teen with the knowledge your cup of cola or bottle of water won't be stolen from the baggage drop!

Goddamnit this is genius

A 14 loop coaster would be a great idea!!

Bump - what's left ? What do we think we will see in the coming years? It seems all Merlin rides at AT must have a usp

World's first roller coaster that doesn't need to be marketed as a world's first because it's exciting enough in concept and execution as is. Actually I think Nemesis might hold that record...

In all honesty, some sort of innovation in track/train interaction would be nice to see.