Drayton Manor is a strange theme park that lives in the shadows of Alton Towers, just outside of Tamworth in South Staffordshire, and is known to be home to some of the most masochistic rides in the United Kingdom such as Shockwave and G-Force.
The park is well known for the range of ghetto-era rides and their former cunning choice of leaving rides to rot before building a new ride on top, as well as their stunning idea to be surrounded by a car park with mismatching area themes. None of this however deters the General Public from visiting as it's all normal to their eyes.
Drayton prides itself in being a park with "firsts" such as having a Verkoma ride, a Maurer Söhne that hasn't committed homocide, an Intamin rapids that has, randomly placed sponsorships (i.e. Arriva) and a Intamin Teacups themed around beers and boobs.
The theme tune of Drayton Manor appears to be Jupiter by Gustav Holst, in an attempt to classy up the park for the Resort title much like Towers but oddly enough it seems to do the trick.
There was once a manor by a lake.
with sadistic intentions knocked it down and stuck a few rides by the lake.
Drayton Manor was aptly born.
Rides and Attractions
- NEW FOR 2017 Hot Wheels: Da Ride
- Gruffalo Mountain Coaster
- G-Force - No longer with us, now resides in limbo with Slammer, Sub-Terra and Loggers Leap
- Troublesome Trucks
- One of da S&S coasters that will compete with Mackpoo and SWood (The last one is unsafe)
- New for 2014 Air Race
- Pirate Adventure
- Splash Canyon
- Stormforce 10
- Drunken Barrels
- Chicken Nuggits Breadcoomb Shoot-Out
- Jolly Buccaneer - Sometimes found at Chessington
- The Flying Scotsman
- The Haunting
- Cranky's Drop Tower
- Crazy Bertie Bus
- Diesel's Locomotion Mayhem
- Harold's Heli Tours
- Jeremy's Flying Academy
- Lady's Carousel
- Rockin' Bulstrode & Sodor Docks
- Sodor's Classic Cars
- Vintage Carousel
- Knapford Station
- 4-D Cinema
- Amusement Arcade
- Crazy Golf
- Drayton Queen Boat
- Emily's Adventure Play
- Thomas and Friends Exhibition