• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I'm not a flat ride person at all, but when I rode Sky Force at BPB, I was genuinely bored...

Something akin to Mixtape wouldn't go amiss if the decision was up to me, as long as they don't go with SBF again as Chessington got...
Mixtape was a fun ride but I’d definitely want to see Thorpe Park do something a lot more ambitious than that kind of ride. Seeing as Apocalypse went to the scrap heap we don’t really have an abundance of big flat rides that use height as a key element. Whilst Maelstrom and Cliffhanger (when it’s running in combo mode) are great rides we really could do with a Loke, or a Hurakon Condor, or an Ikaros (oh the irony) such as at Grona Lund. I want to see Thorpe get something special, a real statement flat ride just as Towers are getting with theirs.

Actually something that just occurred to me, I wonder if Skybound could be a massive Funtime Star Flyer? That would definitely fit in with the theme of flight and fearlessness. The one at Tivoli Gardens for example is 260ft tall and looks fantastic. Sky bound indeed riding something like that…

Attachments

• IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'm not a flat ride person at all, but when I rode Sky Force at BPB, I was genuinely bored...

Something akin to Mixtape wouldn't go amiss if the decision was up to me, as long as they don't go with SBF again as Chessington got...
Skyforce is very good on a windy day, as you can get the loops in easily.
Admittedly it is a routine flat if the wind isn't blowing, but it is in Blackpool, known for the stuff.

Surely if you are about to open the tallest (and fastest) rollercoaster in the UK, you won't then build another ride next to it that's taller, and potentially overshadow it in regard to the general theme park visitor.
Why not? "A year later we're going even taller." It doesn't matter what ride they go on once they are in the park along as they bought a ticket

Surely if you are about to open the tallest (and fastest) rollercoaster in the UK, you won't then build another ride next to it that's taller, and potentially overshadow it in regard to the general theme park visitor.
They already had the fastest coaster in the UK, Stealth. They've built another ride next to it that's faster, Hyperia.

By the same logic, if you built a coaster slower than your last one, or shorter, it would also be overshadowed by the previous investment.

People are fickle. They see new and rush toward it, if you market it right.

They already had the fastest coaster in the UK, Stealth. They've built another ride next to it that's faster, Hyperia.

By the same logic, if you built a coaster slower than your last one, or shorter, it would also be overshadowed by the previous investment.

People are fickle. They see new and rush toward it, if you market it right.
My point was why would you boast about a new ride being the tallest, and then in a matter of months build something taller. It doesn't make sense as you would want to milk that investment over a couple of years atleast. Obviously long term of course you need to progress to bigger/better. For that reason I don't think it'll be a Star Flyer.

My point was why would you boast about a new ride being the tallest, and then in a matter of months build something taller. It doesn't make sense as you would want to milk that investment over a couple of years atleast. Obviously long term of course you need to progress to bigger/better. For that reason I don't think it'll be a Star Flyer.

It would still be the tallest rollercoaster. Flat rides don’t typically get years of marketing either.

And there’s no obligation to build a taller star flyer. Make it 200ft and put it elsewhere in the park, that’s still very imposing.