• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

We're also heading over for our first ever visit next week, staying in on site after a late afternoon arrival, then park entry for the following 2 days. Really looking forward to it!
I would still recommend hopping in the queue for FLY or Taron first thing. There will be a lot of people but assuming the rides open on time you'll get on very quickly and will be done by 10:15 or so at the latest.
This is great to read - had been planning on heading straight to Taron in the morning as hotel is near and it's one of the main draws for us 😊 Technically, with my coaster ideals being theming/immersion and speed over all other considerations, it should be my perfect coaster but... we shall see! 🤞

On another note, are any of the shows a MUST or more of a 'nice to do if you've got the time'?

Hi all. Heading over to Phantasialand next week for my first visit since 2010 (!!!) when Black Mamba was the headliner attraction. Safe to say I cannot wait to experience all the new (to me!) additions. I am aware the attractions open at 10, but rope drop is at 9am.

We're also heading over for our first ever visit next week, staying in on site after a late afternoon arrival, then park entry for the following 2 days. Really looking forward to it!

Have a great trip both!

Hi all. Heading over to Phantasialand next week for my first visit since 2010 (!!!) when Black Mamba was the headliner attraction. Safe to say I cannot wait to experience all the new (to me!) additions. I am aware the attractions open at 10, but rope drop is at 9am.

I assume the masses head straight to Taron, but do any of the smaller attractions open prior to 10am that we could squeeze in?

In particular, I love the idea of doing the Deep in Africa Adventure Trail as a warm up to the day (theming looks unreal). Do you know whether this walk through experience is available from 9am at rope drop, or does it open at 10 along with the rest of the attractions?

Any other thoughts or suggestions relating to your favourite order to tackle the park in would also be appreciated. Thank you!

I went to Phantasialand recently so can answer this with recent knowledge.

Most Berlin attractions open at 9am whilst Maus du Chocolat and the Funhouse opens at 9.30am

Black Mamba and from what I remember one of the two rides in China (either Feng Ju Palace or Geister Rikscha, I can't remember which) open earlier as well.

The rest of the attractions opens at 10am including FLY which from experience I found people headed to straight away (Taron was similar but slightly less).

On another note, are any of the shows a MUST or more of a 'nice to do if you've got the time'?
I've not seen a show at Phantasialand for years now, so would be of the opinion that they're nice to do if you have time. For a first visit, I would focus on enjoying the rides and the park.

There's some really lovely food places at the park also. Rutmor's Taverne is always a favourite of ours, however the tapas restaurant near Chiapas is excellent!

however the tapas restaurant near Chiapas is excellent!
Sold!!! 😂 Say no more - we love Tapas! The food offerings do look pretty good across the board - sure the scales will be groaning by the time we've gotten back to the UK!

For a first visit, I would focus on enjoying the rides and the park.
I think this is probably the best plan for us; nothing really caught our eye show-wise but thought maybe we were being dismissive.

This is great to read - had been planning on heading straight to Taron in the morning as hotel is near and it's one of the main draws for us 😊 Technically, with my coaster ideals being theming/immersion and speed over all other considerations, it should be my perfect coaster but... we shall see! 🤞
I can confirm that Taron is a perfect roller coaster

Thanks for the tips, all. Absolutely cannot wait. Silbermine to Taron will be quite the upgrade!

The ice skating show (Rock On Ice) is pretty decent, it’s not the kind of thing I’d have thought of watching normally but it’s very enjoyable and a nice way to break up your day by sitting back and relaxing for a bit before hitting up some more rides.

Thanks for the tips, all. Absolutely cannot wait. Silbermine to Taron will be quite the upgrade!
When I went back in April, we got straight in the pre queue for Taron and ended up on the second train. Weirdly they also opened up the single order queue and sent the first train of the day out with one single rider on the front row. What an experience for that person!

Eek... we fly out tomorrow, rain and thunder all weekend... are we in for a disappointing trip or does Phantasialand have a higher threshold for weather closures than the UK parks?
I was here for 19-20th April and we had on & off downpours/hail/sleet for both days. we had no significant closures the whole time we were there apart from a few 10 minute waits while hail storms passed. I'd imagine any lightning in the area will be a different story though. make sure you get on mouse au chocolat before the rain comes as it gets terrible queues mid afternoon. Also, winjas fear & force being indoors gather horrible queues once the rain starts!

Eek... we fly out tomorrow, rain and thunder all weekend... are we in for a disappointing trip or does Phantasialand have a higher threshold for weather closures than the UK parks?
When I visited last October there was very heavy rain at one point and everything stayed open, though the pathway by Mystery Castle became a bit wet.

IMG_0896.jpeg

Riding River Quest in torrential rain was certainly an experience. My thinking was that if you are already soaked through then what’s another soaking. Taron in the rain was quite exhilarating as well.

I just went around 7 parks including phantasialand and had thunder storms predicted a few times but each time weather held out nicely so best of luck!