• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I'm going in 3 weeks time for the first time ever, it's the week before school holidays is it likely to be busy?

Also any tips or things to avoid etc?
Furious Baco, Shambhala, Uncharted, and Hurakon Condor all have single rider queues. Red Force also has one but it’s halfway down the regular queue line and up to you how confident you feel in cutting out a bit of the queue to get over to it.

Furious Baco, Shambhala, Uncharted, and Hurakon Condor all have single rider queues. Red Force also has one but it’s halfway down the regular queue line and up to you how confident you feel in cutting out a bit of the queue to get over to it.
Red Force’s SRQ is the one and only time I’ve ever felt justified “queue jumping” (even though it isn’t really) by walking down the left hand side of the main queue.

Such a stupid layout.

I saw in TPWW's recent vlog that there's now a security guard in the queue to prevent people from doing that.

I saw in TPWW's recent vlog that there's now a security guard in the queue to prevent people from doing that.
I was there last week the day after TPWW filmed their vlog. I had been queuing in the main queue and was a few rows back in the cattle pen from the single rider split point when I saw some people just go down the side and step over in to the single rider so I’ll admit that I stepped forward a couple of rows to get to the SRQ as if I hadn’t have done that then others would have cut in before me. After I had my ride and went back again there was a security guard posted there but it was sporadic, they were just there for a couple of short periods and it seems the accepted thing when they aren’t there to just go straight ahead to the SRQ. The design of the queue area isn’t a great one as there are several different paths and people were cutting down the left hand side as well to skip a big part, it’s a bit of a mess to honest how it’s set up.

Went and had a look. That basically makes the SRQ completely useless.

Very typical of PA to get a security guard to enforce the one place it’s generally accepted as okay and not the million other places queue jumping occurs across the park though.

I can confirm the security guard was there the whole time I was there between 6-10pm making sure nobody cut to the single rider queue which is ashame because I was there solo and I waited 1 hour 20 and the second time round was about 45 minutes but then the queue died down significantly and had a few dusk and night rides with shorter queues.
Also saw and spoke to theme park Jake (Drayton manor ride op) in the queue line which was funny.

Fantastic ride and the front row was absolutely awesome it's so much better than stealth in my opinion but yea I guess the reason why they put that security guard there was so more people buy fast track because the SRQ isn't even guaranteed to save any time with where it is but atleast there's no empty seats I guess.

Surely single rider queues are only effective if they reduce the queue time for the single rider. If it ran from the station all the way to the ride entrance, at capacity it would arguably be quicker to just join the main queue which defeats the purpose.

I remembered to take a photo showing the location of the new Single Rider queue for Baco. It seems well managed !

On the subject of Baco though, now all of the effects are off or broken. The only thing working is the screens. Hopefully this ride will get a much needed refurb soon, ideally with new trains
IMG_1902.jpeg

Even better, tear the thing down. It’s hideously rough and ruins the once beautiful and peaceful setting of Mediterranea. It used to be wonderful to sit on the sailing ship with a beer; now that rattling abomination thunders past ever few minutes, ruining the atmosphere and the view.

Possibly the worst single decision PA have ever made in my opinion.