• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Anyone think Wickerman is running faster than ever this year?

Did a couple rides today and it was hauling !!

Was going through boring corner like a rocket. . .if it didn't have up-stops it would have probably gone over the fence 😂

For a 1.2m ride it really really packs a punch.

Also from an engineering standpoint the lift chain and tensioners for it earn their keep, how the chain doesn't go bang more often I do not know. . .

It seems to have aged very well! I was very positively surprised by it when I first rode in 2018, but it only seems to have grown better with age!

In 2018, I remember it being fast and fun, but having very little airtime. It seems to have a lot more airtime these days, and it seems to be even faster and more fun! I also think they’ve kept it impressively smooth; it still rides about as smoothly as you could possibly expect from a wooden coaster!

Even my row 5 ride in 2024 was absolutely motoring and providing loads of great little pops of airtime (this was at night, admittedly, but I still wouldn’t have ever expected row 5 to be that good at one time!), and the row 11 ride was nothing short of sublime!

Perhaps controversially, Wicker Man has been my favourite coaster on park for a few years now, but it just seems to get better and better with age; after my March 2024 experiences, I came to the potentially bold conclusion that it’s usurped Icon as my favourite UK coaster!

It may not be the tallest or fastest coaster out there, but I definitely think that for raw fun factor and rerideability, Wicker Man punches far above its weight! It’s fast, it has loads of great little pops of airtime, and I just find it genuinely so fun and thrilling; it has me hitting the brake run in stitches with laughter every time! What’s not to like?

It seems to have aged very well! I was very positively surprised by it when I first rode in 2018, but it only seems to have grown better with age!

In 2018, I remember it being fast and fun, but having very little airtime. It seems to have a lot more airtime these days, and it seems to be even faster and more fun! I also think they’ve kept it impressively smooth; it still rides about as smoothly as you could possibly expect from a wooden coaster!

Even my row 5 ride in 2024 was absolutely motoring and providing loads of great little pops of airtime (this was at night, admittedly, but I still wouldn’t have ever expected row 5 to be that good at one time!), and the row 11 ride was nothing short of sublime!

Perhaps controversially, Wicker Man has been my favourite coaster on park for a few years now, but it just seems to get better and better with age; after my March 2024 experiences, I came to the potentially bold conclusion that it’s usurped Icon as my favourite UK coaster!

It may not be the tallest or fastest coaster out there, but I definitely think that for raw fun factor and rerideability, Wicker Man punches far above its weight! It’s fast, it has loads of great little pops of airtime, and I just find it genuinely so fun and thrilling; it has me hitting the brake run in stitches with laughter every time! What’s not to like?
Nothing controversial about it! If I could pick one ride at Towers to ride all day, it’d be Wicker Man without a second thought.

I’ve noticed recently they have installed some spot lights on Wicker Man to point at the row numbers. I’m guessing to help guests see where to go and speed up boarding.

They aren’t currently turned on and I’m hoping they aren’t just some bright white lights. But there is definitely a spot light for each row all pointing at the row numbers
IMG_7862.jpeg