• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

I was wondering this as well. Would be a little bit disappointed if that was the case, as I was always quite impressed when you put the headset on in the batching area and then were able to get in to the train with ease! But it would improve operations I guess if you just did it in the train.

From the clips EP have shared to their Instagram stories today it appears you still put on the VR headset prior to boarding the train.

Here's Epfan95's video:

And with all due respect to the incredible interior design, I'm reeling over these posters for shows performed in "Theatre Eurosat".

Michael, may I please... just... have that Starlight Express one in A2? 🥺

1000015943.jpg

1000015939.jpg

1000015941.jpg

I really want to know if as a family of 4 where one is too young for the headset, can we go into VR queue together but let our youngest ride as per normal queue without the headset? Or will operators be awkward and outright refuse to allow that? If anyone attends please let me know if you find out.
No; takes away from an already limited capacity for VR riders and the station is only insured for riders from that age limit.

And with all due respect to the incredible interior design, I'm reeling over these posters for shows performed in "Theatre Eurosat".

Michael, may I please... just... have that Starlight Express one in A2? 🥺

Starlight would have probably worked even better in VR than Phantom

Sorry to report that I had an almost completely negative experience of the VR yesterday.

Firstly allow for about 40-50 mins for this as you queue, then you hold into another pen, followed by another pen where you are given the headsets, then you ride.

I can only describe the VR headset as a torture device. It was so painful on the nose and had to hold the screen during the ride to see/not be in pain. The headphones/sound was very quiet and I could hardly hear the music/dialogue despite checking they were on my ears. I tried raising my hand for ages but they ignored me. Boarding with the VR was an experience.

I will say though I did enjoy the graphics, the way it changes as you board. There was one or two glitches.

I couldn’t really complain/get a new ride at the time as I had to run for a Voltron VL booking. I wouldn’t have wanted a reride anyway, the normal version was so much more fun.

I tried it when I was there the other week, and although I quite enjoyed the visuals during the ride the audio was so so quiet which was a shame. It's not something that I'll be giving another go.

I agree, the audio on the new vr for phantom is the one thing letting it down at the moment.

Asked them to turn it up in the preshow and it was fine but on the lift hill for can can all i could hear was the music on the lift hill.

On a similar note I had a really weird issue with the VR last time I rode Alpine Express. When they first handed me the headset it worked fine. But as I boarded the train an error message came up, blocking my straight ahead view.
I alerted the staff, who took the headset off me and checked it, in doing so pointing the headset in the opposite direction. To them it looked fine and they handed it straight back, but of course when I face forward there the error message was. I tried alerting them again, but they were desperate to send the train at that point (and probably thought I was just waisting their time).

Rode without it over my eyes in the end. The silver lining was that would be my last ride before the mine burnt down, so with hindsight I was actually glad I got one extra chance to enjoy it.

I'm honestly shocked that a grand, booming megamusical like The Phantom of the Opera starring a character who calls himself "the angel of music" has such a quiet VR adaptation at a grand, booming theme park like Europa Park.

giphy.gif

The issue with VR headsets is they are so expensive they tend to save money with the headphones.

I know the first thing many do is remove the default headphone and use more expensive headphones. When I changed mine, the difference it made was a massive improvement.

I guess the extra faff of putting the VR headset on, and then separate headphones is probably to much to do at a Theme Park, but with a ride like this, could custom headphones be added to the headset to improve the experience?