• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

They havn't had that many, but when they do they have to go big!
None of this one Skyrider station at a time nonsense

You're posting on an Alton Towers forum and actually stating that? Blimey 😂
I would definitely say they have a record for bad fires on a large scale…. Monorail fires and restaurant fires are small fry… heck even thorpe has had worse fires that towers WWH and Magic mill Burger king etc

The Worst theme park fires I know would definitely have to be these:

Thorpe Park 2000, Wicked Witches Haunt destroyed, Tropical Travels damaged.

Phantasialand 2001, Two roller coasters destroyed amongst sections of the old western town gone too.

Europa’s first fire 2018, Scandanavia & original Batavia dark ride destroyed, rapids damaged.

Blackpools had some bad fires including ones that damaged Nash and destroyed the old funhouse. Towers and Chessington had some pretty bad fires too, destroying and damaging buildings.

Back on track with this one. kudos for everyone involved getting it under control quickly and thankful nobody was hurt. However it’s a great shame that regardless of when we see the aftermath, the decimation of Diamond Mine and maybe others (if not badly damaged) looks imminent.

Do my eyes deceive me, the metallic Dragon lives! (At least partially. I'm sure it's damaged beyond use)

Do my eyes deceive me, the metallic Dragon lives! (At least partially. I'm sure it's damaged beyond use)
Yup looks like the steel structure is there, the rest of it has presumably melted away from the heat. What a mess though, was holding out vague hope that more would've survived (daft I know).

Three attractions down is obviously really bad from a park point of view, but the fact it appears to have been contained to the one building is pretty astounding really. With the size of that fire and the proximity to everything else it could've spread much, much further - more so than Scandinavia. If it hit the hotels it would've been catastrophic.

So sad, We were walking through there a few weeks ago enjoying the area. There is something special about diamond mines, with the walk through, and the two rides that just make it special.

Luckily, it sounds like no guests were injured, and hopefully the two fire fighters injured during the attempt to put it out have a full recovery.

Thanks Craig for the updates, knowing the Macks, they will go above and beyond when they restore this area of the park.

Diamond mine has always been one of my favourite "hidden gems" at EP (pun not intended but inevitable), hopefully it'll be fully rebuilt before too long.

Major repairs will be needed on both Alpenexpress and Tiroler. Looks like a large part of the trough has gone apart from the support structure

Diamond mine has always been one of my favourite "hidden gems" at EP (pun not intended but inevitable), hopefully it'll be fully rebuilt before too long.

Major repairs will be needed on both Alpenexpress and Tiroler. Looks like a large part of the trough has gone apart from the support structure
Knowing the Mack family, the plans are out of the archives and a new section of track, trough structure and trough and now in production in the mack factory ready to be installed next week after the site has been cleared and over the winter the covered areas rebuilt..

It does look rather like the roof has taken the brunt of the fire there, which might explain why it seems to have been contained so quickly.

It is also rather astounding that there are interior photos already online, which must mean the building is reasonably structurally sound.

I hope that everyone is okay. Everything has positives, and this fire will probably lead to an extensive refurb of the area.

Get Alpen & Tiroler repaired for the start of next season, get a basic building shell constructed over them both (it'll be like Heide-Park's mine train!).

Theme it for 2025.

Today is another sad day for Europa-Park.

Looks like it could have been worse. That is a really cool area of the park. It'll be interesting to see if they do something different, or reconstruct something resembling it as per Batavia.

Feels like Europa is potentially full of lots of rides that were constructed to comply with the fire codes of the era in which they were built. I think that's something pretty common in the industry. There are tinder boxes all over the place - particularly when it comes to dark rides.