• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

I'm surprised they haven't demanded this sooner. Working outside on a rainy day is part of their job, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have a shelter to stand under between despatches rather than just having to stand there getting extra soaked for no good reason.

Staffordshire Moorlands Council today granted planning permission for the stage that is located on the lawns (what the application refers to as the Summer position) to be relocated next to Hex in Fountain Square (the Christmas position) from mid-November to the end of February.
The temporary stage hereby permitted shall be only be used between the hours of 11am to 7pm from 1 February to 31st August and between 11am to 9pm during September, October and up to 7th November and between 11am to 8pm from 8th November to 31st January in each calendar year
From 1st March until 15th November of each calendar year the temporary stage hereby permitted shall be located in the ‘Summer’ position as shown on drawing 373/103/1 ATR Stages Key Plan and between 16 November and the end of February of each calendar year the stage will be re-located to the ‘Christmas’ position as shown on drawing 373/103/1 ATR Stages Key Plan
The planning permission for the stage to be on the lawns was set to run out this summer, but this permission extends that to 15th February 2026, which is a big compromise considering the park were applying for it to be extended to 15th August 2029.

Last edited:
It appears the 11am opening of the World of David Walliams attractions is not just reserved for off peak weekdays, but weekends too.

It’s a far cry from the staggered openings of 2018 but never a good sign when they start doing this.

A reminder of our Member Expectations as I've just removed a couple of posts. Specifically on our "I know something you don't know" rule. To put it simply - if you know something, say it. If you can't, then please don't hint about it.
If you have got some information and you don’t want to post it because it’ll get that person into trouble then it’s very simple – just keep quiet! Posts that simply allude to you knowing something without revealing that information just comes across as boasting to other members and add nothing of value to the discussion. As a result such posts are very likely to be removed by the team.
Now I understand some may wish to leave hints etc on their own forms of media, and that's completely up to them. But, the general rule we have here has served us very well over the years. It prevents topics often turning argumentative off the back of those posts.

In addition, as I've pointed out many, many times before. If you want to be critical about another Youtube channel, website or whatever else then I'd encourage you to use their own channels to publish that criticism. Be that the comments section of their channel or by contacting them directly. Thanks :)

Had an interesting day yesterday. The intent was to take my boy for his first trip and to experience the RAP changes but he was unwell so stayed home with my OH and I took my niece instead.

Rita operations were smashing it all day. The guy in the cabin was hilarious and had great guest interaction over the intercom.

Th13teen… well. Firstly they were leaving two rows empty for RAP users, but on both runs there were no RAP users.
On one instance the lady announced “No RAP, Open the gates”
And the reply back was “no, just send it” which .. meh

Also the storage team lost our umbrella. They also gave away the young lady infront of us’ umbrella as well. Wouldn’t be so mad but she was horribly rude. When we asked where it could’ve gone she replied “not my problem and I don’t know what you want me to do about it”

Meh

Strange operations didn’t end there though. Nemesis was dispatching very slowly and often with 1/4 the seats not filled. One stage they asked for a 4 to fill the back row, or two twos. One two replied and we were a three and because they couldn’t fill it they sent it empty? So odd.
Equally we had two single riders which were instructed to use row 5 and “ensure a gap is left between you both”

Throughout they weren’t filling gaps and ensuring parties were never seated next to a stranger. Makes you wonder what happened.

Aside from anything else wierd, sending Thirteen with the back two rows empty is against procedure. Staff are required to ensure the train has at least 17 passengers at all times
Is this because they need to use the back row as ballast or something?

Either or, other than Spinball when they have to adjust for wet conditions I can't see why they would ever send anything round with empty seats. Its hardly laziness either as especially with the bigger coasters they still have to shut and buckle the restraints anyway..

Strange operations didn’t end there though. Nemesis was dispatching very slowly and often with 1/4 the seats not filled. One stage they asked for a 4 to fill the back row, or two twos. One two replied and we were a three and because they couldn’t fill it they sent it empty? So odd.
Equally we had two single riders which were instructed to use row 5 and “ensure a gap is left between you both”

Throughout they weren’t filling gaps and ensuring parties were never seated next to a stranger. Makes you wonder what happened.

That is very strange, leaving gaps in between parties.

Is this a new procedure on Nemesis or the person batching just not knowing what they're doing?

That is very strange, leaving gaps in between parties.

Is this a new procedure on Nemesis or the person batching just not knowing what they're doing?
Was consistent all day Sunday but not sure if it’s a policy or just being overly relaxed as it wasn’t super busy (30 min wait all day)

Is this because they need to use the back row as ballast or something?

Either or, other than Spinball when they have to adjust for wet conditions I can't see why they would ever send anything round with empty seats. Its hardly laziness either as especially with the bigger coasters they still have to shut and buckle the restraints anyway..
To be fair, it only takes a second to close the restraints on the belted B&Ms, and the belts can stay dangling.

Did anyone see the Fire and Rescue Helicopter yesterday, landed near Wickerman, saw two ambulances too!
We visited yesterday for our annual trip with free (£20) The Sun tickets. Didn't see the air ambulance. We actually had a really good day and was impressed with operations and how tidy the place looked (although as a BPB pass holder it's not hard for anywhere to look tidier)

We visited yesterday for our annual trip with free (£20) The Sun tickets. Didn't see the air ambulance. We actually had a really good day and was impressed with operations and how tidy the place looked (although as a BPB pass holder it's not hard for anywhere to look tidier)
Yeah operations were great, Rita had some downtime in the afternoon but in the morning never went over 10mins - great to be back on two trains! Did nemmy 6 times got two back rows! Queue was always shorter than advertised (30 mins was 15…) Galactica was a bit concerning, kept going down and reopening with queue line evacs quite frequently, when it did open it had a 40min queue so didn’t bother! I wonder why that heliocopter was there?