• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Is there an argument that the park would be better off taking the hit on throughput and capacity and just not run the trains without the suspension so as to avoid giving guests a really bad ride experience, or is there some particular reason why they are running them like this?

Last edited:
Is there an argument that the park would be better off taking the hit on throughput and capacity and just not run the trains without the suspension so as to avoid giving guests a really bad ride experience, or is there some particular reason why they are running them like this?
100%. I can understand their reasoning to keep all trains running over last weds/thurs/fri due to it having been ascension day and the park being crammed, but on quiet days? Take them off.

The final ride myself and @Martin had (train 2) was fantastic, but the previous one we had with all the breakdown issues (6) makes Smiler on a bad day feel pleasant, with the wing seats being the worst.

There is no exaggeration with people saying the train difference is night and day.

Me and my partner went on yesterday - they said afterwards that they hoped that we'd gotten a train with bad suspension, or they wouldn't be keen on going on repeatedly...

Aside from the roughness, theming is absolutely exceptional and it is a very fun ride - going to try and get on again today to see if how we feel on the second go round.

Not sure if this has already been released or not, but ooft.

I also didn't find Voltron that rough, even on the "rough" trains. A bit joltier, sure. No worse than a backwards ride on Mir, and certainly not Gouderix / The Ultimate territory. But hope they get it fixed soon nonetheless.

My parents will be visiting Europa in a few days. I'm really worried that they get a bad train, because if they do it'll be a once and done for them and I'm sure whenever it comes up in conversation I'll have to listen to the same speech of how rough it is ect. I already get that whenever Saw the ride gets mentioned, but at least that ride genuinely is rough.

Honestly still can't belive Europa let it open in this estate. Especially when all they need to do is remove the problem cars. Yes it'll reduce the capacity, but only down to the same amount as most the world's other headline rides, and people still queue for them! I can't belive I'm saying this, but your operations don't always have to be flawless EP!

Been queueing for Voltron today and I do have to admit, the operations are absolutely flawless. Think the moving conveyor is probably to thank for a lot of it, but I timed a ten or so trains and they were all exactly the same timing.

EDIT: Just come off the ride - front row is absolutely the best place on the ride, hangtime and airtime is insane. Also queue times seems to be (at least today) off by about 15 minutes - 50 minutes queue took 35 earlier and 60 minutes queue took 45. Personally prefer it this way rather than the other way round!

Last edited:
I also didn't find Voltron that rough, even on the "rough" trains. A bit joltier, sure. No worse than a backwards ride on Mir, and certainly not Gouderix / The Ultimate territory. But hope they get it fixed soon nonetheless.
Dunno if they've made anything worse or there's a difference in rows, but as someone who loves Mir and The Smiler and still mourns The Ultimate, but outside left row 2 on 6 was genuinely one of the worst experiences I've ever had on a coaster 😭

Rode twice today, trains 7 & 3 (back row both times) and both were glass smooth.

I have to say I don’t like the game of “rough roulette” - it genuinely boils my urea waste product to think the park would risk their own reputation and their guest’s experience for the sake of throughput.

I would rather wait the extra time in order to guarantee a good ride experience than shave minutes off a queue and hate it!

Do we have a list of which train numbers people have experienced rough rides on?

I will then look out for those trains during my visit. I know we can't choose a train etc but we can see if it matches up.

Do we have a list of which train numbers people have experienced rough rides on?

I will then look out for those trains during my visit. I know we can't choose a train etc but we can see if it matches up.
The trains I’ve seen about being rough are 5 and 6.

I rode 3 and 7 today, both were perfectly smooth. Sounds like 1 and 2 are also smooth. So the only train I’m not sure on is 4.

I’ll post my full thoughts upon my return, but after my 2 rides today, Voltron is a damn good addition to Europa-Park!

How much do the rough trains detract from the ride experience? Going in August so hoping it is sorted by then.

I went to Energylandia a few years ago and rode Hyperion which was amazing the first time but when I went round to re-ride it I had a terrible ride experience with a constant rattle from the bottom of the first drop to the end of the ride. The rattle was just unbearable by the end and physically painful on my thighs and I didn't want to go on it again even though there was hardly a queue the whole day. Apparently Hyperion still has one train which has always been dodgy, even years after its opening.

Last edited:
**Warning - this post will contain Voltron spoilers!!**

So, after years of anticipation and three visits to Europa-Park where Voltron had been fully constructed (track wise), I finally got to experience my first rides on this brand new Mack Stryker coaster last week. I'd been trying to avoid some of the spoilers, but this had proven to be somewhat difficult, so I knew of the effects to expect in both the queue and on the ride.

We did not head straight to Voltron on our first morning on park. Every day the longest queue seems to be at the start of the day, so we waited until around lunch time before venturing in to Croatia. I'd seen how the area was shaping up on our Voltron Viewage meet in April, but it was so good to finally be able to walk in to this new area and feel the buzz and excitement. The queue for Voltron was out of the entrance and partly in the main plaza, with a crossing point for guests. With a 6 train operation, the queue was advertised as 60 minutes.

I am not sure when I was last this excited in a queue line for a new coaster. Partly because I was about to ride Voltron, but also partly because the queue is seriously cool! Once you pass under the entrance you enter the outdoor section of the queue line which gives great views of the looping launch (or beyond vertical launch, depending on what you want to call it) as well as the trains flying back in to the final brakes. There are also smoke effects whereby smoke rises from the drains (someone went to Rookbrugh didn't they!), a really impressive cylinder of water that you walk though and various other theming objects to look at. There's a lot going on, which means the narrow cattle pen style queue is actually fine.

The queue then goes indoors, firstly through Nikola Tesla's office whereby there are some blueprints on the table, a radio playing, a Voltron experiment using rats and a blackboard full of Mack geekery equations. From here you enter the indoor hall. I knew there was an indoor hall that you queued in, and I expected it to be slightly bigger than the one found on Voletarium. But no, it is huge and a real wow moment! The queue here is a back and forth cattle pen but it really does not matter. There is so much to look at! The Tesla animatronic, the train dispatching, the screens showing trains coming back featuring the Macks as well as other EP employees (including Patrick and Lukas) and, if they are working, the epic tesla coils on the ceiling that play the main Voltron theme. Sadly these were only working on one of our four days on park; hopefully they can improve their reliability as videos do not do them justice.

At the end of the indoor cattle pen you reach baggage, which is lockers as found on Arthur. Groups of people get batched through here all at once, so it is best to be on it to make sure you quickly get a locker and re-join the next bit of queue up to the station. Once you have gone up the stairs you get to another batching point; this is where you are batched in to groups of 4 and where any single riders join. Then you are in to the station, which just feels really quite awesome! The trains are continually moving through and there is a real sense of occasion. So that 60 minute queue from outside of the entrance? Yeah, it was actually 50 minutes. On 6 trains, Voltron just eats people!

So on to the ride. We got back row, and I had the outside right wing seat. As you turn out of the station you are greeted by another Nikola Tesla animatronic and a tesla coil effect, before sitting on the pre-launch section of track. Here is one of Voltron's best kept secrets, a section of trick track that elevates the entire train, shakes it up and down, and then lowers it back prior to the launch. It's really fun! The screens and projections in here also work well.

I'm not going to give a blow by blow account of the ride, not least because it is a bloody long ride, but wow it delivers! You have insane airtime and hangtime mixed in with launches, inversions, twists and transitions. The looping launch is such a bizarre but fun element and a unique way to start the ride. The boost in the first half of the layout feels great. The hangtime in the stall that follows it is quite ridiculous. The train flies in to the brakes before the turntable, and to be honest you are thankful for the breather.

The turntable is cool from a technical perspective but they need to address the show element here. Currently it's just about fine, but it needs more enclosing and at least some sort of voiceover from Tesla explaining that his experiment worked, now he'll transport you back. This should be easy for them to address for next season at the latest I hope.

The swing launch that follows is seriously punchy, then after the top hat and airtime hill you have the ride's best element. The sideways banked airtime hill; on a wing seat this is just mental. They took a risk with this element but boy did it pay off.

The double up in to the final mid-course is great, and then you have the last section of the ride which is quite intense and interacts well with the Croatian themed area. One final airtime hill and you are back in the brakes. WOW!

After my first few rides I was struggling to decide whether I preferred Voltron or Wodan. But having got in 12 rides over 4 days an a morning on park, I can confidently say that for me, Voltron is better than Wodan. I am also pretty confident that it is slotting fairly high up in my top 10 coasters worldwide, which is something that I was not expecting at all.

Voltron is a bit like Maverick, only with better trains and theming and a more unique layout. It has a bit of everything; airtime, hangtime, launches, inversions, intensity, theming and effects. And it is so much fun!

One thing I would say is that I thought the ride experience does differ between the wing seats and the inner seats. You still get all of the crazy airtime and hangtime on the inside seats, but you don't get the same wild feeling through some of the inversions and twists as you do on the wing seats. And the left wing seat is the place to be!

Now, on to the subject of rough trains. I am not denying that some people have had rough rides, but rough trains are a myth. We rode trains 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 (5 was not operating at all during our visit, and I am pretty sure we did not get train 4 at all). There were no significant differences between any of these trains. However, we did notice that row 2 is a bit more shaky than rows 3 and 4 (we didn't get row 1 at all, which was a shame). On the trains, rows 1 and 2 are joined together whereas rows 3 and 4 are not. So maybe this is why row 2 is a bit more shaky? Even in row 2 wing seats though, it is still fine. I did not have anything close to a rough ride on Voltron.

So there we have it, Europa-Park have built a masterpiece. It is everything I hoped it would be and more; a relentless coaster that is totally different to anything else at the park. If you don't have a trip to Rust planned, it's time to change that!

Although my trip was with Rob (see post above!), you may be interested to know that I knew very little (on the whole) about Voltron prior to arriving in the park last week!

I had watched the construction documentary up to the end of season 2, and had seen the trains... and that's about it. I had not seen a POV aside from the CG animation the park shared some time ago, and had not seen any area photos.

Off-the-bat it's fair to say that no POV or animation do this coaster justice. The forces and experience cannot be appreciated by video!

I won't give a blow-by-blow account and will sum up. It is excellent. Some spoilers below.

Reasons it's excellent:
  • Operations are immaculate. When on 6 trains and running well, the queue never stops. I timed one of our full queueline "50 minute" queues as 35 minutes to sitting down on the train!
  • The main station building, while a cattle pen, is quite the spectacle. The cattle pen actually adds considerable kinetic energy to the room.
  • There is a tangible difference between the seats; left wing seat vs central vs right wing seat will give you a different experience. The batching/loading process (see below) means it's a bit of a roulette on what you get, but you can still engineer it between your group (to a point).
  • It is relentless, but in a really fun way.
  • Track and train, it does everything and more that many of the top-hitters across the world do: ejector air time, hang time, inversions, launches, positive forces, quick transitions (the list goes on), all in a comfortable train (exception - see below!).
  • Croatia as an area is beautiful, despite not being finished.

My criticisms are as follows:
    • The main station building...!! I did not know about the trick track, and my jaw dropped when I saw this during the spoiler in the queue. How fun that would have been if I hadn't seen it!!
  • You hit the mid-ride turntable at a real pace, think original Eurosat brakes speed. It temporarily feels like an odd time to stop, until you realise you need the breather!
  • The turntable itself could be improved, and feels out of place considering the immersive theming elsewhere on the ride.
  • Row 2 on the trains I rode definitely gave more bounce than 3 & 4 (out of 10 rides I never got row 1!). While we didn't find a rough train, we noted row 2 wing seats definitely had more vibration/vertical movement than others, which some people may find more uncomfortable. My first wing ride was on row 2 and I only noticed the difference when I rode wing on 3 / 4. My working theory is that this relates to rows 1 & 2 being housed on the same platform, where 3 & 4 are separately articulated. Spoiler alert: I'm not an engineer, ride designer, or manufacturer and could be talking out of my rear!
  • There is no way to choose your row; the nature of the loading operation (which is flawless and means the queue moves in the most efficient way) means you go where you are allocated.
  • The area is not finished - portacabin toilets and temporary refreshment vans/trucks currently serve the area, which is less than ideal.
Once we'd left the park and I'd had 10 rides over 5 days, I considered that Voltron had to sit in my top ten coasters. Every single time, regardless of the seat/row, I got to the brake run laughing and clapping, almost breathless with how much fun it was (even in the pouring rain when I couldn't see!!). Very few coasters do this for me!

The closest ride experience I have to compare is my current number 2, Maverick at Cedar Point. Taking into account track and train, Voltron gives Maverick a run for its money, and there is nothing Maverick does that Voltron doesn't also do. They both have launches, super-fast transitions, excellent forces, and relentless pacing. Voltron smashes it with additional points for more launches, better inversions, variability in excitement with seating, better theming, and far more comfortable trains with lap bars.

So. Objectively... Voltron wins. Subjectively... Voltron wins. Voltron sits proudly as my number 2, just behind Steel Vengeance!

It's been a week so I'll add to the full reviews with my own thoughts, and some terrible photos. No photos of the indoor queue, but it will be discussed. Description of the surprise element is in spoiler tags.

Voltron Nevera ™️ Powered by Rimac ™️, Voltron for short and, as I'm reliably informed, Volty Nevs to the kids, is the long awaited and latest major coaster at Mack's Europa-Park, their first since 2012 and first in-house design since way back in 2009. It's been a long time coming, with the ride bring teased by the park since at least as far back as the 2016-17 winter season and the track being more or less finished a year before the eventual opening a month ago.

Despite having a multiple European record holding B&M, until the relatively back-to-back openings of Blue Fire and Wodan, Europa was a park generally visited more for the theming and VIBES than for its ride lineup. Even then, Blue Fire was itself somewhat of a compromise, designed to be both an off the shelf layout to sell on as is, and as a technology demonstrator cobbling various elements together with more interest in inspiring ideas for other parks than creating a particularly cohesive layout. It's easy to forget now too that Wodan's arrival was greeted with a bit of a shrug, and it was only after a few years of bedding in that it went from being considered a decent family coaster to a top tier, serious thrill machine.

Voltron therefore represents a change in direction for the park, for the first time attempting from the off to create a fully unique, word class, unapologetically extreme coaster, with any considerations to showcasing various developments in Mack's technological capabilities as a manufacturer taking a back seat. While there's plenty of interesting tech here, it all feels secondary to simply trying to be a great coaster first, selling the model primarily on how good the ride is rather than what bonus features it can have. Blue Fire was built so that Helix could exist. Voltron was built so that Voltron could exist. It's a logical move to fill this gap in the park's now extensive lineup even without the added contexts of how long the wait has been, the park's need to return to pre-pandemic gate figures and Mack's need for a new product. Since the last new coaster here, Phantasialand up the road has added both Taron and F.L.Y. Safe to say the pressure was on to deliver something special.

--

The first sighting of Voltron for most guests happens long before reaching the new Croatia area, the ride's first launch coming into view rounding the corner out of France and heading straight through Greece, dead ahead and framed by a spire on top of the station building on one side and one of the two replica Wardenclyffe towers on the other. It's a really impressive sight and shows a real attention to how the ride looks from the ground, a theme that continues once in Croatia.

1000026840.jpg

For now the new area is still definitely in 'phase one' with little else to do other than the new coaster, but what is there looks great with even appropriate stone flags, and is unusually open and spacious. The weather during our trip was perfect, and sitting in the little square with a beer almost felt like I was really in Croatia. How many seasons this lasts remains to be seen as the slightly temporary looking F&B vendor here suggests the planned direction for expansion.

1000026890.jpg

As well as the station/show/shop building and the main food outlet, the other major structures in the area are a clock tower disguising the access stairs for the final mid-course brakes, and a smaller viewing tower that has some great angles over the ride and Silver Star off in the distance. It's fairly remarkable when you're used to the Merlin standard issue fences just how close up you can get to so much of the ride, with little paths extending out into the heart of the layout with trains rushing past you at all angles. There's a real togetherness about the whole project that isn't just concerned with how good the ride should be, but how good it should look and how guests who aren't riding experience it. You can find some great spots for well composed, harmonious photographs, exciting action shots, and some fun ones like framing yourself under the penultimate inversion before it drops down into the plaza.

1000026846.jpg

The queue begins by passing through the building into a cattle pen, but the fences are low, the route is clear and generally heads in a logical direction, so it isn't an unpleasant experience, especially with some nice static and not so static theming dotted around to introduce the concept of the ride's story. The highlight is of course the water feature that wraps around the path - which I believe is based on a real Tesla invention - and the smoking drains are also really cool.

Eventually we make our way inside and first come across a small lab running an experiment on an unfortunate rat, and a blackboard with some nice easter eggs for the nerds. What follows took my breath away.

I had made sure not to see any of the ride building interior before the trip, and I was absolutely justified in that decision. It's stunning. It reminded me why I got into this hobby 20 years ago. To describe the room and its features would actually make it seem pretty basic, but it's not a place to describe, or even to see in a photo. It is a place to experience, to FEEL.

As coasters go, Voltron is noticeably quiet, so that when you enter the indoor queue, there's a huge difference in volume without it needing to be overwhelming, and it's a big factor in how the room is so effective. You feel like you're on the next stage of the adventure and things have suddenly got a lot more serious. The noise, the lights, the moving parts, there's just so much going on even though on paper it's straightforward. It's so theatrical and dramatic.

On one side of the room there's a large window that opens into the launch platform when a train enters, then closes again to hide what happens to the train, before it 'reappears' on the opposite side a few seconds later. Of course, the second window is really a video screen and it would have been more effective if there were more variations to make it less obvious what was going on, but it gets the point across. From time to time the first windows stay open, and you can see what happens just before the launch; I'm not sure if that's a fault or if it's deliberate. The huge moving device that plugs into the wall to start the sequence is fantastic too, it brings the queue right into the ride experience. The only real complaint here was the musical Tesla coils in the ceiling and the smaller ones by the figure only worked once in all the time we were there. They're really, really fun. There is a very short voice over from the animatronic Tesla in the middle of the hall, but on our first ride it wasn't functioning and it didn't really matter, because everything else, including the melted catwalk, was able to explain the story so well. Show, don't tell.

The baggage system is a bit odd, you're batched in groups to some lockers and then join another short section of queue. It's very easy to gain or lose a few places in the line depending on how quick you and everyone else is.

Eventually though you're up the stairs and batched once more into groups of 16 and sent to the end of the station, where row by row you'll be allocated your seats and the restraints lowered for you. It's a shame you can't choose your row without bartering with other guests on your train but there's good reason for it, because arguably the most innovative feature of the ride is the rolling station. I'd be interested in the installation and running costs compared to a standard station but for high capacity coasters like this it could be a game changer.

The ride itself begins with a turn into the launch platform, surrounded on all sides by video screens filled with building electrical streamers. Because you're not looking directly at the screens and they just fill your peripheral vision, it's really effective at building tension without having to do anything complicated.

Before the actual launch there's still time for one more secret (unless you looked up at the wrong time and had it spoiled for you in the queue), the launch track doubles as a trick track and does a 'reverse Thirteen' and bounces up into the air twice and vibrates. It's a shame I saw it in a POV before the trip and had it spoiled for me, it would have been great to have been taken completely by surprise. There's no need for it to be here, they did it because they could (or to sell to other parks if you're cynical to a joyless degree) but it's so fun and dramatic, like with the queue building, they knew exactly the line to walk to be wonderfully excessive without being too much.

The initial launch is as punchy as it needs to be, and cuts out at just the right moment of the beyond vertical ascent to give riders a big moment of hang time as the train completes the loop. I'm surprised how few coasters have started this way before. Who would have thought Europa-Park and Mack would be taking inspiration from Drayton Manor and Maurer?

1000026854.jpg

If there's any obvious point of comparison for what follows, it's The Smiler. Even down to the superficial, it's a prototype of a new model running on triangular track using 4x4 seating trains, based on an earlier design using 2 rows of 4. In place of a pure first drop there's inversions and they continue to be plentiful throughout; and barring a significant pause between two halves there's almost no point that drops below maximum intensity.

Comparisons with the divisive Gerstlauer run deeper than that, with the way Voltron builds its progression. Where The Smiler establishes its beats, twists them and then reverses them, Voltron relies on more subtle variations of its beats to keep things interesting and prevent it becoming repetitive. As such to simply run through each element one by one wouldn't really tell the story of what the designers have done and why.

The second half has a very distinct feel to the first though, and inversions take a back seat, there isn't any for the whole block section after the restart. Of course this does contrast it with The Smiler where the second half closely mirrors the second and trains can duel and race through the duration. Despite the differences in the two halves, there's still plenty of interactivity between them, there's clearly been a deliberate attempt to have trains cross each other's paths at key points in the layout. It's great fun for non riders too as there's constant trains coming from all directions when you stand in certain places.

1000026886.jpg

Mid way through the first half there's a booster launch which gives more of a kick than you might expect, and the train absolutely flies into the brakes really abruptly. You'd feel disappointed if it what you've just been through wasn't so intense. Narratively it works too, it really feels like you've been teleported with great force out to the furthest point and have arrived with a bang. The turntable is fast enough to be efficient without being too fast you can't catch a much needed breath. I'm not a fan of the recent trend for swing launches but in this case it does work really well. Often they feel either forced into the ride for no reason killing the momentum, or a compromise where a full launch track would take up too much space. Here though, it feels like a deliberate choice, and one that fits with the story.

You're away from the grandeur here, the invention finally worked and you just need to be sent back to the start to complete the demonstration. No need to impress the investors here or make it difficult to clean up if you go the way of the rat in the earlier experiment. That being said, the building around the turntable and the effects within are not great and something that I hope gets improved on over the coming seasons. There's surely a way to make it look like Tesla's afterthought without it also looking like Europa's afterthought.

As mentioned, the second half of the ride doesn't follow the inversion heavy direction of the first, and there's no inversions at all in the third section, really emphasising what should already be obvious by now - that there's a lot of airtime here too, not just inversions and pummelling positive Gs. The RMC style zero g hang in the first half is obscene and the sideways hill mixes in some really fun rotations on the wing seats, but there's tons of normal air throughout. A traditional mid course brake run is a second welcome pause before being thrown back into an inversion recalling the earlier roll off of the roof of the station, once more bringing back those Smiler comparisons, and a stall turn suddenly brings a feeling of tightness and a false sense that the energy is running out, before a final corkscrew dismisses any thought of an underwhelming finale, and one more burst of air takes us over the queue and into the final brakes.

1000026884.jpg

Now, there's been a lot of debate over the wild differences in reports of how smoothly Voltron rides. From reports of missing suspension components on some trains to the excellent investigations above which suggest it's more of an issue with rows than trains, it's obvious there's still a bit of fine tuning to be done, which is a shame considering how long this thing has taken to open, but there's no reason to doubt it won't take too long to sort and this will all be forgotten about soon enough. In time it'll be one of those enthusiast urban legends.

My second ride was on the left wing seat, 2nd row, and in all honesty was a nightmare. I've usually got a high tolerance so maybe there was an issue with this train that was fixed soon after that explains why the group that arrived just after us didn't have as bad a time (one train was taken off before park close but I couldn't tell if it was the offending one or not). It was genuinely a relief that we were e-stopped at both the boost and mcbr, and given an extended wait on the turntable. I never got front row while we were there but rides on the third row were fine.

My very first ride however was on the back row and it wasn't just fine, it was glass smooth, almost uncannily smooth. If that's the target they're aiming for every row to be like eventually it doesn't even matter if they don't quite reach it. It felt so good to just be able to completely relax and let the forces hit me exactly how the engineers intended and nothing else.

1000026865.jpg

It feels like a complete package. The area is beautiful and showcases the ride really well. The theming conveys not just the story but its subtexts and looks spectacular (except the turntable lol). The ride functions as a key part of the story. It's much easier with science based themes to have the ride 'be' the device itself rather than representing something that we shouldn't be able to see, but because of how well designed the package is, it's easy to suspend disbelief and feel like you really are being transported through the air by electricity in some mad, barely functioning experiment. The progression from element to element and section to section flows like a symphony, changing and shifting around its core ideas and motifs, everything working on its own but connecting up as a carefully crafted part of a whole. And if all of that sounds pretentious it's also just super intense and incredibly fun. A masterpiece.

--

Having been stuck on a bit of a hiatus for a while I hadn't added anything new to my top 5 nor revisited anything in my top 5 since 2016, except Nemesis of course, so it was difficult to know what to expect or even how to compare Voltron to rides like Helix and Taron, when I can barely remember what they were like to ride or how they made me feel. But I don't think that matters too much, because what I do know is that even by the time we slammed into the turntable on that first ride, it felt like a religious experience. My legs were tingling. By the time the ride was over I was sure I'd been elevated to another plane of being. I could no longer feel my legs or arms at all and was just floating. It's a dragon I'm sure I'll be chasing for a very long time.

Last edited:
I too was at EP last week, and after 7 rides on Voltron (1 back row, 1 front row, the rest between rows 2 and 3), I have decided that this just has to be my number 1 coaster.

There’s not a great deal I can say that hasn’t already been covered in the preceding in-depth reviews here, just that this coaster is bloody awesome. I didn’t have any particularly rough rides, although I also couldn’t tell which trains I was on (are there any indicators of this that isn’t just on the back of the vehicle?), and I think all but one of my rides was on a wing seat. Can confirm, back left appears to be the best seat on the ride, exclusively for the sideways airtime hill following the top hat, although right wing seats will generate some Nemesis-esque rip-your-face-off positive Gs during the helix around the watch tower, if that’s your bag.

I too managed to avoid any queue line/station building spoilers, and I advise anyone yet to ride to do so too. There is an air of intensity in the “Berghain hall” building, with the amount of visuals going on, the dim lighting, the loud sound effects and the slightly perturbed look on the face of Nikola Tesla, almost conducting everything from the middle of the room. (Pun absolutely intended.) You are under no illusion about what you are about to experience when queuing for this thing. It’s not a “nice” queue line, but it works spectacularly.

My issue is with the occasional spoiler of the trick track element. To me, @Martin, it seemed deliberate, as though to give a sneak preview to those looking the right way at the right time. I had heard of this element but had forgotten about it until I caught it in the queue line, which annoyed me a bit as it would still have really surprised me!

The Voltron shop is really quite substantial and has a lot of merch, although it’s worth noting that a lot of the items are quite expensive. The nicer Voltron embroidered caps are €35, and they have some limited edition Rimac/Mack/Voltron t shirts for €99. My lovely friends who hadn’t been before bought me one of these as a gift for organising the holiday, but they only had the men’s version in XL which is too big for me, so I got it swapped out for a few other bits of merch.

This is a real step up for Europa-Park, and one they’ve really needed! They are back on the world’s stage of roller coasters.

My issue is with the occasional spoiler of the trick track element. To me, @Martin, it seemed deliberate, as though to give a sneak preview to those looking the right way at the right time. I had heard of this element but had forgotten about it until I caught it in the queue line, which annoyed me a bit as it would still have really surprised me!

When watching vlogs I've noticed that if the ride goes down it can take the shutters a little while to sinc up again when the ride restarts, so the bounce track will operate with them fully open at least once. Not sure if there's a way to manually close them.