• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Lonnnng time reader, First post here. But absolutely fantastic news its a Topspin, Ive just come back from Phantasialand (for the 1st time) and still on a Talocan high, wouldn't be expecting anything quite as intense at Towers (but you never know) but just hoping it will be the suspended version. Also brings back awesome memories of going to Towers every year for about a decade from Oblivions opening year, fingers crossed with all the FV investement and other stuff we will be entering a new Golden Age of Towers again.

The only other thing added to the application today, which still hasn't publicly been granted/denied planning permission, is how they're planning to protect the Deer Wall that runs along that side of Forbidden Valley. Not the most exciting document that we've seen but there is one curious element within it. Answers on a postcard as to what the 'splat' on the Galactica side of the ride structure could mean. I don't remember seeing it in any other document uploaded so far.

Untitled2.jpg
The "splat" could be some kind of water feature/pool? I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but this may be a way of them bringing back the red water in a contained/lined pond so it doesn't soak into the natural waterways. I'm probably, totally wrong. But it'd be a great way for them to bring back this element, as it's been talked about so much between enthusiasts.

Well Ripsaw returns then? Only one thing to say...
Animated GIF

With all returning theming and attractions such as the Flume Duck in Alton Manor, Nemesis returning ofc and now Ripsaw coming back...it is like a WWE Royal Rumble with surprising returnees, all we need is Project Horizon to be a return of Black Hole and we're more or less complete! :p

It’s probably not the case but if the 15 weeks is based on the planner Ghannt chart, enabling is usually week 1 which as they started putting up construction walls last week “might” then suggest we are now in week 2. Also factor in 15 weeks will have some slippage time then theoretically you could actually have an early August opening.

Stranger things have happened.

Well Ripsaw returns then? Only one thing to say...
Animated GIF

With all returning theming and attractions such as the Flume Duck in Alton Manor, Nemesis returning ofc and now Ripsaw coming back...it is like a WWE Royal Rumble with surprising returnees, all we need is Project Horizon to be a return of Black Hole and we're more or less complete! :p
Knew you would get the ruddy duck in here somewhere.

Now here's hoping we see end of the day cycles like this in the summer months....
In all seriousness, do we think water jets like that will be making a return considering people will be walking underneath it and knowing how the spray could travel in the wind? I guess if the jets were in the centre of the ride (and would be hidden when the ride loading/unloading) rather than in front of the gondola then that would help as they'd be the furthest point away from the edge as possible. Personally, I don't see a problem with them and hope they do return.

Now here's hoping we see end of the day cycles like this in the summer months....
In all seriousness, do we think water jets like that will be making a return considering people will be walking underneath it and knowing how the spray could travel in the wind? I guess if the jets were in the centre of the ride (and would be hidden when the ride loading/unloading) rather than in front of the gondola then that would help as they'd be the furthest point away from the edge as possible. Personally, I don't see a problem with them and hope they do return.

Complete speculation, based on that one splat in the Deer Wall document I mentioned earlier, but I wonder if they'll have one side (so in this case the Galactica side) with water jets and the other without. Getting soaked on rides isn't everybody's cup of tea and it'd widen the ride's target audience.

Yeah I know, that's not what I'm getting at. I know that we could see flats without planning at any time in both areas. My concern is with the demographic mix. Dark Forest has a 1.2 attraction and 0.9 Hex practically in the same area so would have suited an additional thrill flat better. Forbidden Valley would now have 4x1.4's (like it did after Sub Terra opened and before Ripsaw closed) and just one attraction below that.

The Forbidden Valley remains forbidden to me :(

I know there's Blade but generally not worth the trek just to go on that unless it's a nice/quiet day.

I feel like Ripsaw is such a core memory of Towers for people of my age bracket (late 20s, early 30s). Despite not ever going on it I have such strong memories of the ride being there and watching it cycle with the water and everything. Will be great to have an updated and themed version of it back.

With the other flat rides I hope Towers don’t just look back to the past though and show some invention and take a few risks.

The Forbidden Valley remains forbidden to me :(

I know there's Blade but generally not worth the trek just to go on that unless it's a nice/quiet day.
Forbidden Valley can be a great place for spectators, especially now they have the eye, and Ripsaw always drew a large crowd of watchers. But there's only so many laps on Blade, looking at arcade machines, and watching things move to keep kids entertained for a good couple of hours.

Forbidden Valley can be a great place for spectators, especially now they have the eye, and Ripsaw always drew a large crowd of watchers. But there's only so many laps on Blade, looking at arcade machines, and watching things move to keep kids entertained for a good couple of hours.
I don't think it's too bad given that Curse, Congo, RMT, WM and Mutiny Bay are all a short walk away from FV.

Lonnnng time reader, First post here. But absolutely fantastic news its a Topspin, Ive just come back from Phantasialand (for the 1st time) and still on a Talocan high, wouldn't be expecting anything quite as intense at Towers (but you never know) but just hoping it will be the suspended version. Also brings back awesome memories of going to Towers every year for about a decade from Oblivions opening year, fingers crossed with all the FV investement and other stuff we will be entering a new Golden Age of Towers again.
Talocan is great, let’s hope Phalanx-can will be just as good if not better.