• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Blackpool's obsession with hun/chav appeal is a strange one. So much seems tacky and not in the seaside tacky sort of way.

Ah yes, what better way to show that you are now a tasteful classy resort than to launch a Valhalla full tracksuit...

Valhalla-Grey-Jogger-–-Blackpool-Pleasure-Beach-Retail-Shop (1).png

Valhalla-Grey-Crew-Sweatshirt-–-Blackpool-Pleasure-Beach-Retail-Shop (1).png

I think the Icon jacket just on it's own wouldn't actually be too awful, but the way they are marketing them as tracksuits with matching bottoms is quite funny.
Trying to appeal to Thorpe's demographic? That must be their revenge for losing the height record...

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Went yesterday and the weather was beautiful! Actually got a sun tan!

Park was pretty empty, well every empty for a hot Saturday in May. Pretty much all rides were maximum 10/15 min queue all day

My only moan was The Big One running one train all day. Made the queue over 40 mins. Should have ran two trains.

Went yesterday and the weather was beautiful! Actually got a sun tan!

Park was pretty empty, well every empty for a hot Saturday in May. Pretty much all rides were maximum 10/15 min queue all day

My only moan was The Big One running one train all day. Made the queue over 40 mins. Should have ran two trains.
That's quite worrying, the majority of parks should be either busy or packed on a weekend like this. Pricing is clearly and issue but we've covered this extensively.

That's quite worrying, the majority of parks should be either busy or packed on a weekend like this. Pricing is clearly and issue but we've covered this extensively.

Well yesterday was easily the hottest day of the year for Blackpool, yet Valhalla was pretty much a walk on all day long. Which shows how empty it was.

Icon was 10 mins, Big Dipper was 15 mins but again only 1 train running, infusion was walk on, revo 5 mins, grand national walk on.

Was great for us but as business, it's very worrying, middle of May, hot sunny weekend but empty

We went to South Pier afterwards and it was completely rammed, so was the beach. Plenty of people in Blackpool but not at the pleasure beach

Well yesterday was easily the hottest day of the year for Blackpool, yet Valhalla was pretty much a walk on all day long. Which shows how empty it was.

Icon was 10 mins, Big Dipper was 15 mins but again only 1 train running, infusion was walk on, revo 5 mins, grand national walk on.

Was great for us but as business, it's very worrying, middle of May, hot sunny weekend but empty

We went to South Pier afterwards and it was completely rammed, so was the beach. Plenty of people in Blackpool but not at the pleasure beach
I feel like some Pleasure Beach fans never seem to be happy with how many people in the park. They complain if it's too quiet but also would most likely complain if it's far too busy as well. I can understand the complaints about it being too quiet bad for business and all that. But has there ever been a middle ground for the park? Plenty of people coming in but not absolutely rammed? 30 years ago obviously it would've been a lot busier but also a lot more crowded which imo isn't good

A man who won £500,000 on the lottery celebrated with a trip to his beloved Blackpool.

Raymond Young, from Edinburgh, won the Thunderball jackpot prize - with numbers he had used since the game launched nearly 25 years ago.

The 63-year-old said he wanted to go to the Lancashire seaside town - his regular childhood holiday spot - describing it as his "home from home".

"I've been going there my whole life, from playing on the beach as a kid to staying with friends over the last decade, so it just had to be the place I chose to celebrate my win," he said.

No mention of visiting BPB 😞

A man who won £500,000 on the lottery celebrated with a trip to his beloved Blackpool.

Raymond Young, from Edinburgh, won the Thunderball jackpot prize - with numbers he had used since the game launched nearly 25 years ago.

The 63-year-old said he wanted to go to the Lancashire seaside town - his regular childhood holiday spot - describing it as his "home from home".

"I've been going there my whole life, from playing on the beach as a kid to staying with friends over the last decade, so it just had to be the place I chose to celebrate my win," he said.

No mention of visiting BPB 😞
Maybe he thought the ticket price was too expensive?

I feel like some Pleasure Beach fans never seem to be happy with how many people in the park. They complain if it's too quiet but also would most likely complain if it's far too busy as well. I can understand the complaints about it being too quiet bad for business and all that. But has there ever been a middle ground for the park? Plenty of people coming in but not absolutely rammed? 30 years ago obviously it would've been a lot busier but also a lot more crowded which imo isn't good
Yes, for lots of years.
I used to be able to tell if a day was going to be quiet, steady or packed.
Now it rarely if ever is packed, apart from the schools peak and the start of the summer holidays.
This weekend...first "hot one" of the season, should have been very busy...first hot always used to be packed.
It was very quiet indeed, but Blackpool itself was packed...
All that passing trade...Forty quid???
Sod off.
Simple.
There is no secondary spend, if there is no initial admission.

Not just a hot sunny weekend, but the first real one too...and a packed town.
Tight northerners voting with their feet, the tenner option going, with only pop, means whole families not going.
Simple.
I live in Blackpool and I would say this year has so far been the quietest for quite a few years, it isn’t just the Pleasure Beach that’s struggling. This afternoon was hot and sunny yet it was really really quiet on the promenade and around town, drove from Starr Gate to Bispham without any delays which is really unusual on a hot day.

Apparently people were struggling to park on Saturday though...perhaps they had all spent up.
May is a tricky month with bank holidays at both ends.
Just before Spring Bank last year, I remember some of the pier stallholders not bothering opening during the week, it was that quiet.
The prom was rammed on the bank holiday just been, I had to duck the prom completely to take a punter to The Cliffs.
I hate the "back of town" route.