• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

The launches won't match the thrill from the acceleration of the hydraulic cable launch, but having 3 high speed launches including an rollback is going to be an epic experience.

Just gotta hope it is reliable. In Zamperla we trust...??

Given the distance length from the station to the top hat, I get the feeling that the first launch will be somewhat.... dull. Even if the acceleration is rampant, you'll be at the top speed well before the top hat, which will be a bit... well, boring?

Hopefully, it's humped so there's a delicious spot of reverse air time.

The launches won't match the thrill from the acceleration of the hydraulic cable launch, but having 3 high speed launches including an rollback is going to be an epic experience.

Just gotta hope it is reliable. In Zamperla we trust...??

I'd take 3 slightly 'slower' launches (and a roll back) over one really intense one any day of the week. Will add quite a bit of time to the ride experience too.

As you said though it will come down to reliability. The cable launch wasn't. If they get this right it will be the best coaster on earth for sure.

And here's a look at some of the concept images:

F2b0qZaacAEjjML

F2b0ptJasAAxWOE

F2b0q14acAAZ_d-

F2b0rJPaYAAuQlC

Got to say, I think it looks great! Glad that there is still going to be some red track as well.

And here's a look at some of the concept images:

F2b0qZaacAEjjML

F2b0ptJasAAxWOE

F2b0q14acAAZ_d-

F2b0rJPaYAAuQlC

Got to say, I think it looks great! Glad that there is still going to be some red track as well.
I agree. I personally think that the extra two launches and backwards spike will improve the ride.

Everyone gets a roll back now, and the spike on Toutatis is a great element. So it could be an amazing experience!

Assuming Zamperla haven't overreached with track or train, this willsurely be great, and the backward spike will be sensational; A XXXL version of Toutasis's best element. Nevertheless, watching this rendering, I was surprised with how little of the way up the original/main tower that the train gets on the first shot.

Absolutely incredible. Can't wait to ride it one day. The original was amazing and this looks so much better.

So jealous of the people who live within a few hours or less of this park. I think I'd be there practically every weekend if I did. Hahaha.

I imagine the ride ride will end into the station offload, pull forward to on load, then switch track to launch, but the launch will be away from the station. Rather than pushing the whole track in and out the switch will be a pull forward with one of those junctions that switch on their own axis. The switch and pull forward can trigger the moment the train clears so the launch could be ready pretty much as soon as the train in front clears the top hat and the rollback fins retract, if thise fins are necessarywith the most modern designs? Just my guess.

With the pics released today, this is basically what I meant!

Screenshot_20230801-215528_Facebook~2.jpg

I can imagine that transfer track will get the next train on moments after the second forward launch, it should get a decent throughput if so.

I'm probably very much alone in this opinion but I don't get this trend of coasters with Spikes and backward sections. Would this be any less impressive if it just launched straight into the 120mph? Whether that's achievable in one launch I'm not sure.

I'm probably very much alone in this opinion but I don't get this trend of coasters with Spikes and backward sections. Would this be any less impressive if it just launched straight into the 120mph? Whether that's achievable in one launch I'm not sure.
Isn't that just what the original ride was?

It's also a bit of an ask with LSMs to take the train to 120mph in one go. You would need a much longer launch. The LSMs would practically spontaneously combust with the extreme amounts of power that would require to do it in the current launch space. This is because of the very high levels of heat that would be generated as they pump enormous emounts of electricity through the LSMs, to get the acceleration needed in the space they have, to get the train over the top hat. Very impractical.

A swing launch, while very fun, is also a practical way to get around the limitations of the technology. So you not only get faster launches, but use an order of magnitude less in electricity to do it. Which saves on power, transformer, electrical, cabling, control equipment and cooling of said equipment, which as is, will generate a fair amount of heat.

It looks great, hopefully Zamperla pull this off. It's an extreme use of the technology. But it looks like they are using it the right way, with a swing launch. So from a backseat partially educated guess, it appears that they know what they are doing. The way they have done it, is the right way to do it if they want to achieve said speeds with said technology.

This has to be one of my most excited for installations of 2024. Up there with Nemesis. Purely for the push in technology this represents.

The first bit if the spike is in.

Source: Screamscape.
FB_IMG_1690943161468.jpgFB_IMG_1690943157099.jpg

FB_IMG_1690942971221.jpg

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the fact that Zamperla are involved I'd be a lot more intrigued by this.

Just nagging in the back of my mind.

Going with Zamperla does seem like a slight risk, I agree. It is not as if they have a track record of great thrill coasters and generally their products are seen as lower overall quality compared to other major manufacturers. But I wonder if they feel like now is the time to take a step up and try and get more of a foothold in the new and evolving coaster market?

If Top Thrill 2 is a hit it could be their Blue Fire moment.

Was there anything wrong with the original ride tho? Apart from the obvious.
It was a maintenance nightmare since the day it opened, with more downtime than would be considered acceptable. And then the incident with a piece falling off the train and seriously injuring someone was the final nail in the coffin.

A brilliant coaster, but they are doing the right thing here.

I fact the chassis of these new trains are milled from a single piece of aluminium screams much higher quality to me.

The world is going to be watching this and they know it.