• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Victoria Lynn was in the control booth on the Wave on Saturday and yesterday. Think they are regretting only buying 1 train now as the queue moved so slowly. It was in the extension outside queue for most of the day which reported a 2 hour wait.
As my nephew got a disabled card so used the exit ramp with the fast pass guests. So it’s got 6 rows and 1 row not currently in use so that leaves 20 seats. 4 guests from the front row, 8 guests from the Fast pass/Disabled queue and only 8 guests from the standby queue.
It took them roughly 10 mins for each dispatch cause of the way they load/unload the trains and having to lock and check every seat twice.
Who she?

This is Drayton.
G force is calling from a distance.
Drayton haven't provided a new two car service since Shockwave have they?
And I wouldn't be surprised if the new coaster doesn't actually open until next year.
Looks fiddly complicated!

I don’t quite get it, how can they have brand new trains that are having a problem by people doing something so simple as pulling their bars down? Is this a common issue with these particular trains and is it something that could be fairly easily fixed?

Last edited:
I don’t quite get it, how can they have brand new trains that are having a problem by people doing something so simple as pulling their bars down? Is this a common issue with these particular trains and is it something that could be fairly easily fixed?
It’s to do with the number of clicks the bar goes down as when they were clicking mine they were counting the clicks and then looking under the seat.

But why exactly is that causing a problem though?
Opening weekend someone I know on the Sunday pulled his bar down all the way down and broke it. You could hear from the rapids area them hammering something above and it was still closed on the Monday. As the park was closed Tuesday and Wednesday think it was testing on the Thursday with extra staff training with it reopening to the public again on the Friday.

You can only guess but the most likely cause is the sensors that state the restraint is closed is either not working at all or is showing secure without enough “ratchet teeth” engaged. So they are having to count the number of clicks.

Would assume it’s something ART can fix.
They told us that if it’s closed below the minimum safe setting, before the ride Op has initiated the “safety” check system then it won’t register as safe unless it can click at least another two clicks down. Which is why they drop them halfway and no further initially

Interestingly - two people didn’t wanna ride when I was in the station and they waited at the last airgate to walk through but staff made them move to the next one, even though they were aware they weren’t riding.